2010 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Recruits

Yikes!! One less local player/big man available.

Comment

If you read the earlier post by Cadsev- no one should have expected Cody to be signing with the Jacks. Good luck to Cody at Iowa. He obviously has worked very hard in the weight room and on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Jacks showing interest in Taylor Filipek a 6'5 wing from Willmar,MN. Plays AAU for Magic 16's.
        I know from some of his AAU friends that Filipek has visited NDSU and Iowa State. Butler is coming to Willmar in a couple of weeks for an open gym. Another website has Colorado State showing interest as well. I saw him play in the state tournament last spring....very impressive. He was bringing up the ball, playing the wing and posting up.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
          Does this surprise you Cadsev? It's Iowa!
          Big 10
          Close to Home
          Chance to contribute and be a front line player
          Outstanding Coaches
          Great Fit

Nope not surprised at all.....no more than Mike Miller to Florida over Kentucky and Kansas
          or Jared Reiner to Iowa over Gonzaga,U Conn and Joe Krabbenhoft to Wisconsin over Notre Dame, Creighton or Minnesota.

It's about fit.....not necessarily what people perceive but fit. He'll have a great career there.

Comment

Welcome to Billy Hoyle,...newest member of the message board hoard.

I just have to comment on the name...will he be the ultimate thread-killer? The name "Hoyle" is associated with everything being done according to established rules or having been approved by the highest authority. Edmond Hoyle, and Englishman who lived from 1679 to 1769, was an author of books of rules for card games. His statement of the rules was so highly regarded that it became commonplace to say "according to Hoyle." Even games that had not been invented by Hoyle's death were given rules ascribed to Hoyle -- Hoyle's names are synonymous with any card-game rules. (See, gen. Ask.com and search "according to Hoyle".)

So, it'll be interesting when Hoyle speaks. Will that be the last word on a given topic?

Welcome Mr. Hoyle...Go Jacks!

Comment

Nothing nearly that deep and cerebral JackJD...lol. Billy Hoyle was Woody Harrelson's character in the movie "White Men Can't Jump" which was shot in part at the world famous Venice Beach courts.

Comment

Billy Hoyle-Love it!

That's my new favorite name on here!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cadsev View Post
                  Big 10
                  Close to Home
                  Chance to contribute and be a front line player
                  Outstanding Coaches
                  Great Fit

Nope not surprised at all.....no more than Mike Miller to Florida over Kentucky and Kansas
                  or Jared Reiner to Iowa over Gonzaga,U Conn and Joe Krabbenhoft to Wisconsin over Notre Dame, Creighton or Minnesota.

It's about fit.....not necessarily what people perceive but fit. He'll have a great career there.
                  I also heard some of the other coaching staffs who visited him from bigger schools were very underwhelming in their sales job. Also, from what I heard most schools would have had to come in and blow him away to change his mind after he met with the Iowa staff. He liked them that much.
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                    I also heard some of the other coaching staffs who visited him from bigger schools were very underwhelming in their sales job. Also, from what I heard most schools would have had to come in and blow him away to change his mind after he met with the Iowa staff. He liked them that much.
                    Agree......Not to mention that a certain head coach from a Big East school comments that he's never heard of Joe Krabbenhoft even though he's standing in the same HS gym where Joe played for four years and he plays for a University located in the same state of his school....well that didn't win that school many points for having the brightest head coach.

Comment

Agree......Not to mention that a certain head coach from a Big East school comments that he's never heard of Joe Krabbenhoft even though he's standing in the same HS gym where Joe played for four years and he plays for a University located in the same state of his school....well that didn't win that school many points for having the brightest head coach.
                      Oops!

Great info once again, Cadsev.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Let's just say there aren't a ton of people real excited about the new era in B-ball at MU. Funniest thing is I've probably linked to 10 or so articles about Joe on another area on this thread. The alumni at UW love Joe and the Milwaukee Journal can't write enough articles about his work ethic and attitude. That says nothing of Brent Musberger. I think Musberger would adopt him "Dakota Joe" in a heartbeat. Sorry for the thread drift.
                        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                          Let's just say there aren't a ton of people real excited about the new era in B-ball at MU. Funniest thing is I've probably linked to 10 or so articles about Joe on another area on this thread. The alumni at UW love Joe and the Milwaukee Journal can't write enough articles about his work ethic and attitude. That says nothing of Brent Musberger. I think Musberger would adopt him "Dakota Joe" in a heartbeat. Sorry for the thread drift.
                          Thanks for the "Buzz" from Milwaukee

Comment

Sounds like we have an offer to this Minnesota recruit. It sounds like we have a little competition for him though.

Go State!!!
                            Go Jacks!!!
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Will Junior Guard Adol Aluong of Sioux Falls Roosevelt be the next in-state verbal commit for the Jacks?

Comment

I want to say he was at Midnight Madness last weekend. I might be wrong.
                                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
                                X