• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Recruits

Some new names on Jacks Recruiting radar:

TJ Bray 6'3 PG Waukesa,WI Catholic Memorial
    Jordan Reetz 6'5 SG Falls Creek,WI
    Last edited by JACKGUYII; 12-01-2008, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      Some new names on Jacks Recruiting radar:

TJ Bray 6'3 PG Waukesa,WI Catholic Memorial
      Jordan Reetz 6'5 SG Falls Creek,WI

TJ Bray is a pretty big name... hes been looked at by the numerous Missouri Valley schools and has an offer from Florida Gulf Coast

Jordan Reetz- I believe he played on the same summer team as Derek Brown from Clark..
      Last edited by joeboo22; 12-06-2008, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        i believe its Reetz (thats what it is on his high school roster)
        TJ Bray is a pretty big name... hes been looked at by the numerous Missouri Valley schools and has an offer from Florida Gulf Coast

Jordan Reetz- I believe he played on the same summer team as Derek Brown from Clark..
        Thanks. Corrected spelling.

Comment

Catholic Memorial is a 10 minute drive from my house. May have to take in a game or two and get a look at the kid.
          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

A top notch point guard has got to be right at the top of the wish list for recruiting. That is something we are missing right now. Hopefully Pallarca can continue to develop and Casey will get hot but he's gone at the end of the year.

I'm talking about a player that drains the 3 if you lay off him and will drive and dish/finish if you play him tight. That kind of player makes the entire team better instantly. We had several guys that did it back in the D2 days. Guys like Brian Norberg, Chris Stoebner, and Jermaine Showers. They all had that ability to make things happen and were also extensions of the coach out on the court. Look at Centenary last year. Their team was horrible but the PG made them exponentially better than the sum of the individual parts.

Sure we'd love a blue chip big man too but that just isn't in our grasp at the moment. We still have to try but they are so hard to come by. A point guard is something we need and a solid player may be able come in and play immediately and possibly start.

Maybe some of the posters that follow the recruiting closely can chime in here. Is landing a solid PG prospect realistic? Who is out there other than Bray mentioned above.

Just my $.02.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I've heard knowledable people say in the past that guards--shooting and point--are relatively easy to come by, especially when compared against truly effective centers. That's why big athletic guys who can move, post up, and shoot tend to be heavily recruited by the basketball powers. That's also why you see big tall guys who can't move or shoot particularly well as starters for many D-I teams.

But it's inarguable (I think) that at least one effective D-I point guard is a critical component for any team's success--really, you probably need two guards who can both handle the ball vs. pressure and shoot reasonably well.

Mid-major teams that win don't always have the big, talented center. But they do have great guard play--that's my observation.
              Last edited by filbert; 12-02-2008, 06:38 PM. Reason: Changed a "can" to a "can't" - 3rd sentence 1st paragraph
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Reetz is a great all around player. He did play with Brown on the Magic team that won the state AAU championship, then almost imploded after the game because of the coaches. Brown and Reetz and others left that team immediately after the tourney win. Reetz is a good ball handler, shooter and passes very well.

Comment

State needs to start recruiting and getting some scorers. It seems like they don't have anyone that can take over a game.

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotarabbit View Post
                    State needs to start recruiting and getting some scorers. It seems like they don't have anyone that can take over a game.
                    C'mon now...did you know what sophomore Clint Sargent did to the Gophers Wednesday night??? He's a shooter! And don't tell me Garrett Callahan isn't a shooter. He can shoot out, drive in and score, and shoot free throws.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                      C'mon now...did you know what sophomore Clint Sargent did to the Gophers Wednesday night??? He's a shooter! And don't tell me Garrett Callahan isn't a shooter. He can shoot out, drive in and score, and shoot free throws.
                      I think what he is saying is that guy that can take over a game.... I think Chad White and Tony Feigen are those guys you are looking at, and Brayden Carlson could also become that combo-guard of the future......

Comment

Brown from Clark put up 43 tonight in a win over Ab. Roncalli.... don't know if the staff is still looking at him or not.... some view the junior as the best point guard in the state.... And he would be classified as that guy that can take over games....

Comment

State needs to have 15 players on the roster average 15 points per game or I will complain constantly how we need a player who will take over a game. Unless as a team we average 225 points per game, we are terrible.

C'mon guys, we have some pretty decent mid major players right now, and if they start to play together we will be doing pretty good. We don't need 1 player that can take over a game, we need 9 guys that can win.
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                            State needs to have 15 players on the roster average 15 points per game or I will complain constantly how we need a player who will take over a game. Unless as a team we average 225 points per game, we are terrible.

C'mon guys, we have some pretty decent mid major players right now, and if they start to play together we will be doing pretty good. We don't need 1 player that can take over a game, we need 9 guys that can win.
                            Don't be negative! Negativity will not be tolerated!!!!!!!

Good lord, I'm pretty sure asking for a someone that can take over a game at crunch time isn't too much to ask for. From what I've noticed following the Rabbits is that they can stay in games but they have lost quite a few games in final 2 or 3 minutes. Having someone that can step up and get 2 or 3 big buckets in a row or get to the free throw line whenever they want would be a huge addition to the program. Maybe the two guys that poster mentioned above can be those guys, but from what I've seen, SDSU does not have someone that can get a good shot whenever they want. Kai probably could, but he doesn't have that killer-instinct.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                              I said scorer, not shooter.......First of all these guy are ok at best shooters. But they need someone that can hit the 3 or take it to the hoop "a scorer" Someone that can take over a game.........They have nothing even remotely close

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotarabbit View Post
                                I said scorer, not shooter.......First of all these guy are ok at best shooters. But they need someone that can hit the 3 or take it to the hoop "a scorer" Someone that can take over a game.........They have nothing even remotely close
                                The last scorers this team had i would go back to Hansen and Moeller. Though I think Callahan or Wialliam or Sargent could be a scorer in our league. Not just shooters.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X