Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Recruits

Originally posted by Billy Hoyle View Post
    Notes on recruits Rostampour and Filipek.
    http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=868861
    Interesting developments in MN summer scene.....Pump N Run MN coming to town. Wondering what impact this has on the long standing MN Magic program and will certainly pump (no pun intended) Adidas in the region to compete with all ready strong Nike Howard Pulley program. Pump N Run expanded into other areas outside of California in recent years including Kansas City, Colorado and Georgia. Be interesting to see how this affects teams in the area and the turf wars for athletes.

Comment

Word is that coaches visited open gyms in MN this weekend (Sibley, Hopkins and Willmar). I know Rostampour and Filipek are on the radar but who are we looking at in Hopkins?

Comment

Nate Wolters did have division I interest. In a short article on Minnesota Preps, Nate said "Bucknell, Cal Poly and others were interested", but they were to far away from home.

Comment

Zac Bargen is someone SDSU definitely knows about. He is a 6'5" shooting guard and he was invited to Doc Sadler's Elite Camp. He also went to SDSU's Elite Camp also. He played for some good Nebraska summer team (can't think of the name). He was all tourney at the Energy Classic in Gillette, Wyoming. Don't know of actual offers but from what I am hearing he has a handful of D1 schools calling his coach to inquire about him. He is a junior this year.

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
            Zac Bargen is someone SDSU definitely knows about. He is a 6'5" shooting guard and he was invited to Doc Sadler's Elite Camp. He also went to SDSU's Elite Camp also. He played for some good Nebraska summer team (can't think of the name). He was all tourney at the Energy Classic in Gillette, Wyoming. Don't know of actual offers but from what I am hearing he has a handful of D1 schools calling his coach to inquire about him. He is a junior this year.
            He's from Chadron. Played for the Bison (NE Bison that is), I think. Decent FB player (WR), too.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

From MN Preps Ryan James:
              Class on 2010 Prospect Rankings:
              1. Chad Calcaterra, C, Cloquet
              2. Kevin Noreen, SF, Minnesota Transitions
              3. Cole Stefan, sg, Minnetonka
              4. Jacob Thomas, sg, Columbia Heights
              5. Marshall Bjorklund, PF, Sibley East
              6. Mike Rostampour, PF, Henry Sibley
              7. Jake Kreuser, C, Henry Sibley
              8. D.J. Peterson, SG, Hopkins
              9. Dyami Starks, SG, Duluth East
              10. Taylor Filipek, SF, Willmar

And another perspective from an AAU coach:
              1. Jacob Thomas - EASY PICK! - largest upside and REAL basketball ability
              2. Marshall Bjorklund - a smart go getter and work HORSE
              3. Taylor Filipek - I LIKE HIM A LOT ... needs to figure out his position
              4. Kevin Noreen - nice player, a ton of TOUCHES, lacks athleticism
              5. Chad Calcaterra - size and 'what if ...'
              6. D.J. Peterson - unusual position size ... ? on determination and heart
              7. Cole Stefan - why not
              8. Jake Kreuser - height means something
              9. Dyami Starks - fading FAST ... hard work only gets you so far
              10. Mike Rostampour - a SUPER STRETCH, nothing but activity and BIG maybe ... no way should he be at #6 or even in the top 10

It seems that SDSU recruits Rostampour and Filipek are moving up the list with other schools.

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
                Pretty sure Chadron is playing Crofton (just south of Yankton) in the 11-man football playoffs today in NE. So if you want to get a look at Zac on the FB field drive on down. He is their leading reciever.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Do we have any commitments from this class? I've been out of the loop for a while and trying to catch back up..

Does anybody know if we have any official offers out for this class?

Comment

Only one offer out to date to Marcus Hemestra...........might be the only one for awhile as the other priority is a big 5 man in the class. That offer could be forthcoming.

Comment

• Re: 2010 Recruits

The kid from Winner who we have a verbal from is the year after this one (this years sophomore class) right?

Comment

He is a recruit for 2011. Zach Horstman is his name (6'5").
                        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                          He is a recruit for 2011. Zach Horstman is his name (6'5").
                          Thanks.... I watched him play as an 8th grader.... he's fore real...

Comment

From MN Preps Ryan James:
                            1. Chad Calcaterra, C, Cloquet
                            2. Kevin Noreen, SF, Minnesota Transitions
                            3. Cole Stefan, sg, Minnetonka
                            4. Jacob Thomas, sg, Columbia Heights
                            5. Marshall Bjorklund, PF, Sibley East
                            6. Mike Rostampour, PF, Henry Sibley
                            7. Jake Kreuser, C, Henry Sibley
                            8. D.J. Peterson, SG, Hopkins
                            9. Dyami Starks, SG, Duluth East
                            10. Taylor Filipek, SF, Willmar

And another perspective from an AAU coach:
                            1. Jacob Thomas - EASY PICK! - largest upside and REAL basketball ability
                            2. Marshall Bjorklund - a smart go getter and work HORSE
                            3. Taylor Filipek - I LIKE HIM A LOT ... needs to figure out his position
                            4. Kevin Noreen - nice player, a ton of TOUCHES, lacks athleticism
                            5. Chad Calcaterra - size and 'what if ...'
                            6. D.J. Peterson - unusual position size ... ? on determination and heart
                            7. Cole Stefan - why not
                            8. Jake Kreuser - height means something
                            9. Dyami Starks - fading FAST ... hard work only gets you so far
                            10. Mike Rostampour - a SUPER STRETCH, nothing but activity and BIG maybe ... no way should he be at #6 or even in the top 10

It seems that SDSU recruits Rostampour and Filipek are moving up the list with other schools.
                            1. Jacob Thomas is believed to have an offer from Minnesota. or that they are close to offering
                            2. Marshall Bjorklund- I don't know if he has an offer as of now
                            3.Taylor Filipek- No offers that I could find as of now..
                            4.Kevin Noreen- Gonzaga as well as others have offered
                            5. Chad Calcaterra- "I have offers from Minnesota, Iowa State, Northern Iowa, North Dakota State and South Dakota State,"
                            6. DJ Peterson- Baylor has offered
                            7. Cole Stefan- I have I believe six. Illinois State, Northern Iowa, Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Oral Roberts, Montana State and South Dakota State- He said that Oct. 14
                            8. Jake Kreuser- No known offers
                            9. Dyami Starks- No known offers
                            10.Rostampour has an offer from UW-Milwaukee

Comment

Does Calcaterra really have an offer from SDSU? From what I have heard his Gopher offer is all hype and the U of M has completely backed off.

Comment

Does Calcaterra really have an offer from SDSU? From what I have heard his Gopher offer is all hype and the U of M has completely backed off.
                                Its a quote..... I don't know anything about him so you could be right....

Comment

Working...
                                X