Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Recruits

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    I'm hardly judging that opinion on a game or two. If you think those qualifications mean your a proven coach I guess we can disagree on that too. I would think you have to admit with the talent Roosevelt has on the current team and the level of talent like Krabenhoft and Cordova who have gone through that program they have vastly underachieved.
    That assumes the talent in the rest of AA was so much poorer than Krabenhoft and Cordova. It also assumes alot of other things that don't need to be discussed on the SDSU board. I'll tell you Coach Wilber will be the first to assume responsiblity for the poor play by Rosey this weekend and leave it at that.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post

What is up with the other Sioux Falls coaches anyway? Why isn't O'Gorman, Lincoln and Washington producing talent like Krabenhoft, Cordova, Larson, Aluong? All of the Sioux Falls schools have the same abilities to produce D-1 talent and yet only Roosevelt can?

Go State!!!
      Go Jacks!!!
      From what I have heard, Roosevelt places a greater emphasis on athletics than many of the other SF schools. More coaches, trainers, better facilities, etc. Not to mention open enrollment can play a factor in the talent at any given school in the state.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        From what I have heard, Roosevelt places a greater emphasis on athletics than many of the other SF schools. More coaches, trainers, better facilities, etc. Not to mention open enrollment can play a factor in the talent at any given school in the state.
        Really dont have a dog in this fight, but bingo about Roosvelt and open enrollment. I think open enrollment in general does have a big impact on athletic ability that shows up especially in cities the size of Sioux Falls. Even smaller schools once in a while get a gift horse. Seems like Hurley had a few SF transplants on their roster last year.

This is what our government folks who opened enrollment permited so can't blame any coach in SF for not trying to do a little recruiting. Whether that is good or bad, cant really say.

As far as Coach Wilber, I am sure he knows what he is doing, and God bless anyone that is a coach or a teacher. They live in very transparent glass houses. When things are going good they are treated like royality, but if they slip up and don't win games, they become eliminated waste.

If this thread is about 2010 recruits should we not be talking about Chad White and Mr. Fiegen? I think they could be good additions to SDSU in 2010, but they got a ways to go based on what I saw of the Class A tourney.

Comment

I'll say up front that I have know coach Wilber for at least 30 years, but I have no idea how he is as a coach and I didn't see any of the state tournament games. But I will say this.
          Look at UCONN, they have a proven, hall of fame coach and have been getting bounced from the tourney by teams they shouldn't have the last few years. One thing about talent is that there has to be 5 players on the court willing to work together not just try to prove how talented each individual is.

Are there any other Sophs out there besides Larson that are being touted this early in their career?

A point of clarification, aren't White and Feigen 2009 recruits? I'm not trying to smack Nidaros, I just wanted to be sure I was talking about the right people in the right thread.

(I guess that ship has sailed already anyway)
          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
            I'll say up front that I have know coach Wilber for at least 30 years, but I have no idea how he is as a coach and I didn't see any of the state tournament games. But I will say this.
            Look at UCONN, they have a proven, hall of fame coach and have been getting bounced from the tourney by teams they shouldn't have the last few years. One thing about talent is that there has to be 5 players on the court willing to work together not just try to prove how talented each individual is.

Are there any other Sophs out there besides Larson that are being touted this early in their career?

A point of clarification, aren't White and Feigen 2009 recruits? I'm not trying to smack Nidaros, I just wanted to be sure I was talking about the right people in the right thread.

(I guess that ship has sailed already anyway)
            Egguy:

You are right the Madison guys are 2009 recruits. I made reference to them since I thought the thread had drifted, but I guess I blew that one. Your comments about UCONN are right on. I don't like to see coaches get kick around because they failed to bring home the hardware, not at the high school level.
            Last edited by Nidaros; 03-22-2008, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Class of 2010 Recruit Rock Valley's 6'9 forward Marcus Heemstra has an offer from the Jacks and his teammate Jordan Dykstra also 6'9 has committed to Iowa State. They are both playing for Martin Brothers this summer. There must be something in the water in Rock Valley.

Comment

Class of 2010 Recruit Rock Valley's 6'9 forward Marcus Heemstra has an offer from the Jacks and his teammate Jordan Dykstra also 6'9 has committed to Iowa State. They are both playing for Martin Brothers this summer. There must be something in the water in Rock Valley.
                It's those big corn fed Dutchmen from Sioux and Lyon counties. They've always had some big boys down there.

Comment

Is there an echo in here???

Comment

Jacks have an offer out to Elliott Eliason a 6'11 225 lb center from Chadron Nebraska. He also has offers from Nebraska and Colorado State and interest from Creighton.

Comment

Elliott Elliason won't be in the SDSU picture when all is said and done. Many Big 12 Schools and bigger conference schools know about the kid and he'll explode by the time he graduates and will be most likely able to pick his school.

Heemstra still has shown strong interest in SDSU and has (as far as I've heard) no other DI offers.

Would expect SDSU to have strong interest in Jared Bartling as he continues to develop and improve. Will be a solid 4 man in a few years.

Cody Larson has received offers from 2 Big 12 schools with possibly more out of the conference pulling the trigger soon. His stock is rising after a solid spring and he'll be out of reach of both SDSU and NDSU by end of summer. NDSU response to the offer question simply was "why bother we can't get him". Many high majors are pursuing him and he'll have plenty of offers to choose from.

Comment

Jacks showing interest in Taylor Filipek a 6'5 wing from Willmar,MN. Plays AAU for Magic 16's.

Comment

Cody Larson committed to Iowa.

Comment

Link?

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
                              Link?
                              http://iowa.rivals.com/default.asp

Comment

Does this surprise you Cadsev? It's Iowa!

Comment

Working...
                                X