2010 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Recruits

One other thought,Chad White can play some SF and I know some people think that Pederson from SV has game

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
      and I know some people think that Pederson from SV has game
      Pederson played 10 minutes last year. He didn't even see the court in blowouts. If he has to play any significant minutes in the post this year we're in trouble.
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
        Pederson played 10 minutes last year. He didn't even see the court in blowouts. If he has to play any significant minutes in the post this year we're in trouble.
        I'm with ya, I don't see it either. Just saying some folks I know from Volga tell me they think he can play.

Comment

I remain disappointed in AC for bailing out on the team his final year, when he really could have served as a veteran leader, regardless of whether he was slowed by injury. The team does have some great, young talent. But depth at 4 and 5 will be an issue again. As usual, freshmen will not only have to play but contribute in major ways. Pederson will have to contribute, too.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
            From what we, the average fan see during games, I would agree.

For a different perspective on Pederson's ability (and maybe just as importantly, his tenacity), talk to AC or Mark Engen if you ever get a chance.

Edit - I'm not saying he should be playing 30 minutes, but from conversations I've had with people who played against him everyday he could hold his own to offer some rest for starters when they need it.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              I remain disappointed in AC for bailing out on the team his final year, when he really could have served as a veteran leader, regardless of whether he was slowed by injury. The team does have some great, young talent. But depth at 4 and 5 will be an issue again. As usual, freshmen will not only have to play but contribute in major ways. Pederson will have to contribute, too.
              I was disappointed too but if he didn't want to keep going then its best if he moves on. There were times when he looked like he didn't want to be out there and put up some pretty listless performances in those games.

Depth at the 4 and 5 is thin to be sure. Certainly that is what the coaches are looking for on the recruiting trail. If Pederson is able to improve and eat up some minutes that would be great. I've talked to a couple of the guys and they've been working really hard and they seemed very upbeat about the upcoming season and the chemistry of the team. A big part of what needs to change is the mentality of the team. They may make big strides in the right direction this year.

Whoever is on the court, I hope to see some passion and emotion out there. No disrespect to the seniors that graduated. I had a chance to get to know all of them fairly well over the years. The team needs that player that can get everyone fired up. Maybe one of the returners does that. Maybe one of the new kids brings the fire. Maybe that is an overrated aspect. If nothing else maybe it gets us up out of the seats.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                I was disappointed too but if he didn't want to keep going then its best if he moves on. There were times when he looked like he didn't want to be out there and put up some pretty listless performances in those games.

Depth at the 4 and 5 is thin to be sure. Certainly that is what the coaches are looking for on the recruiting trail. If Pederson is able to improve and eat up some minutes that would be great. I've talked to a couple of the guys and they've been working really hard and they seemed very upbeat about the upcoming season and the chemistry of the team. A big part of what needs to change is the mentality of the team. They may make big strides in the right direction this year.

Whoever is on the court, I hope to see some passion and emotion out there. No disrespect to the seniors that graduated. I had a chance to get to know all of them fairly well over the years. The team needs that player that can get everyone fired up. Maybe one of the returners does that. Maybe one of the new kids brings the fire. Maybe that is an overrated aspect. If nothing else maybe it gets us up out of the seats.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                I think that this trait is not overrated at all. That fire can lead to huge swings in momentum and basketball, more than other teams sports, sure is dependent upon that type of momentum. Some may disagree but when there is a player out there getting after it on defense and getting the other guys going with his/her passion, its hard not to want to match that intensity. From Clint Sargent's comments reported in TV's blog, it seems that Jordan Dykstra may have that fire and intensity. Lets hope so.
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                  Makes me wonder if he new when he was done, if it could have saved a scholly open for Gruis, even though I am happy we got dykstra, He would have been a good get and even more important to have with out AC. But what is done is done. I have a lot of faith in this team, I just think we need to find another true 3 point threat. I think that is one thing we are lacking, we have good but not great shooters, a lot of mid majors have a few guys who can light it up. I love Wolters drive to the basket and the talent and athleticism of the guys around but the solid knock down 3 point guy would be needed if you ask me.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Makes me wonder if he new when he was done, if it could have saved a scholly open for Gruis, even though I am happy we got dykstra, He would have been a good get and even more important to have with out AC. But what is done is done. I have a lot of faith in this team, I just think we need to find another true 3 point threat. I think that is one thing we are lacking, we have good but not great shooters, a lot of mid majors have a few guys who can light it up. I love Wolters drive to the basket and the talent and athleticism of the guys around but the solid knock down 3 point guy would be needed if you ask me.
                    Sargent, White, Wolters, Callahan, and Carlson can all shoot the three. Sargent has huge ability from distance and is a mismatch with his height. Not sure how good Heemstra, Dykstra, and Stephenson will be but my guess is a couple of those guys can hit it. If our inside game improves then we could see better opportunities for shooting threes. I agree with what you say about Wolters. If he improves then he will really be a weapon and get his teammates some good looks. He did well as a freshman and if he sees a normal improvement he is going to be fun to watch.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Sargent, White, Wolters, Callahan, and Carlson can all shoot the three. Sargent has huge ability from distance and is a mismatch with his height. Not sure how good Heemstra, Dykstra, and Stephenson will be but my guess is a couple of those guys can hit it. If our inside game improves then we could see better opportunities for shooting threes. I agree with what you say about Wolters. If he improves then he will really be a weapon and get his teammates some good looks. He did well as a freshman and if he sees a normal improvement he is going to be fun to watch.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                      Sargent struggled at the end of last year, Wolters can, but he seems most effective getting in the lane to score or getting fouled going to the line. I hope White can be deadly, Callahan has not been consistant and I agree Carlson I feel has the scoring and shooting touch and could be effective coming off the bench. What concerns me is if we struggle inside, we will rely to heavily on the 3, and I feel only have 1 proven 3 pt threat. The rest are young or unproven. Athletic ability is not a questions with this team, but finding consistant scoring or shooting is a question IMO.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        Sargent struggled at the end of last year, Wolters can, but he seems most effective getting in the lane to score or getting fouled going to the line. I hope White can be deadly, Callahan has not been consistant and I agree Carlson I feel has the scoring and shooting touch and could be effective coming off the bench. What concerns me is if we struggle inside, we will rely to heavily on the 3, and I feel only have 1 proven 3 pt threat. The rest are young or unproven. Athletic ability is not a questions with this team, but finding consistant scoring or shooting is a question IMO.
                        I will expand my point further. We should be better inside than we were last year. It was a struggle and opponents new they needed to cover Sargent and Garrett Callahan and that shut our offense down. The combination of younger players that are more versatile on the front line and Wolters improving should help everyone. I look for the scoring to be more balanced instead of relying on a couple guys. Athleticism overall will improve as mentioned.

We're going to be young but I like young and hungry versus old and tired! Can't wait!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

I will expand my point further. We should be better inside than we were last year. It was a struggle and opponents new they needed to cover Sargent and Garrett Callahan and that shut our offense down. The combination of younger players that are more versatile on the front line and Wolters improving should help everyone. I look for the scoring to be more balanced instead of relying on a couple guys. Athleticism overall will improve as mentioned.

We're going to be young but I like young and hungry versus old and tired! Can't wait!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                          I completely agree, I think we are saying the same thing but differently. I am worried we struggle inside and our only proven threat is Sargent, and if teams key on him, we are relying a young unproven talent. Its not the talent or athletiscm I am worried about, more so the who steps up and hits the shots when they are presented. I like Fiegen after watching him in the summit tourny, I felt we got a good one there who when he is on the court he is going to give it his all. We never have had much depth in the post, foul trouble could be a concern again, but the talent and height is better then we have had also. I am going to go crazy waiting for basketball in canada and football practice to begin.

Comment

Working...
                          X