Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Recruits

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    Terry mentioned in his Live Blog that we have extended an offer to 6'9" Trevor Gruis out of Ellsworth, MN.

http://minnesota.rivals.com/viewpros...2&pr_key=95065
    Trevor had 9 points and 12 rebounds in Ellsworth 1st round win yesterday. A freshmen named Casey Schilling scored 14-15 points for them also.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
      I think he may have been talking about Cody Larson.
      I know that but he was talking about there best instate recruit leaving.... those 2 would be May from Dubuque and Caughlin from SC Helan (where Sargent went)....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        I know that but he was talking about there best instate recruit leaving.... those 2 would be May from Dubuque and Caughlin from SC Helan (where Sargent went)....
        They were talking about Chanse Creekmore (sp) He is a 2010 recruit from Marshalltowm,Iowa who decommited

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
          I believe the recruit from SC Heelan is Brennan Cougill...not Caughlin. He's a big kid, 6'8, 265 I think. He dominated one of the state tournament games that was replayed on Mediacom one afternoon this past week.
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Am I the only on that heard about the Iowa State point guard that wants to transfer? I just caught the tail end of the report, but it was Steve Imming WNAX that was saying it.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
              Am I the only on that heard about the Iowa State point guard that wants to transfer? I just caught the tail end of the report, but it was Steve Imming WNAX that was saying it.
              Here is the link to the WNAX Webpage and the story that you apparently caught the tail end to. I dont think SDSU has much of a chance here as he says he wants to be close to his only living parent in Terre Haute Indiana. Looks like Indiana State has a shot, but if SDSU has any chance, its the best kept secret in Brookings. We might have been recruiting him at one time, but have nothing to support that hunch. Opps for got the linkl

http://www.wnax.com/pages/3128207.php?contentId=3737439

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Here is the link to the WNAX Webpage and the story that you apparently caught the tail end to. I dont think SDSU has much of a chance here as he says he wants to be close to his only living parent in Terre Haute Indiana. Looks like Indiana State has a shot, but if SDSU has any chance, its the best kept secret in Brookings. We might have been recruiting him at one time, but have nothing to support that hunch. Opps for got the linkl

http://www.wnax.com/pages/3128207.php?contentId=3737439
                You're talking about Jake Kelly from Iowa. It's hard to keep up, 4 players have left the Hawkeyes in the last couple of days...3 point guards.

Iowa State has lost a couple, the one in the article is the freshman off guard.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                  You're talking about Jake Kelly from Iowa. It's hard to keep up, 4 players have left the Hawkeyes in the last couple of days...3 point guards.

Iowa State has lost a couple, the one in the article is the freshman off guard.
                  Yes my bad I did get it messed up with the Indiana State tie, and that being Jake Kelly. I suppose Eikimeire could still be considering SDSU, who knows. Though Eikimiere is not as high profile as Jake Kelly, he might be a good addition for SDSU. I believe he has most of eligibity left.

Comment

Originally posted by crjack View Post
                    Everyone is jumping the sinking ship at Iowa. Their top in-state recruit has decommitted. Any news about the kid from Sioux Falls who has committed to the Hawkeyes? Story I read a while back had Krabbenhofft steering him toward Iowa because Wisconsin didn't have a scholarship to offer him (he thought Iowa would be a good fit and thought the program was on the way up - doesn't look that way any more). Did the Jacks try to recruit him?
                    Athletes not signed by Coach Lickliter are jumping ship. Normally happens after a coaching change. Lickliter is a system coach and needs time to build his program. Won't happen after two seasons. The only loss that stings a little is Kelly. The other three are non factors. Cody Larson is not pulling his verbal commitment because four athletes, two of whom he never would have played with are leaving a program.

Jake Kelly heading to Indiana State
                    Anthony Davis heading to MN State Mankato
                    Jeff Peterson heading to Missouri State
                    Palmer heading to some DII school
                    Chanse Creekmur 2010 verbal commitment pulled his commitment

Iowa offered Heelan teammate to Brenden Cougil -- McCabe

SDSU did recruit Cody....but knew the chances of getting him to commit were slim.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadsev View Post
                      Athletes not signed by Coach Lickliter are jumping ship. Normally happens after a coaching change. Lickliter is a system coach and needs time to build his program. Won't happen after two seasons. The only loss that stings a little is Kelly. The other three are non factors. Cody Larson is not pulling his verbal commitment because four athletes, two of whom he never would have played with are leaving a program.

Jake Kelly heading to Indiana State
                      Anthony Davis heading to MN State Mankato
                      Jeff Peterson heading to Missouri State
                      Palmer heading to some DII school
                      Chanse Creekmur 2010 verbal commitment pulled his commitment

Iowa offered Heelan teammate to Brenden Cougil -- McCabe

SDSU did recruit Cody....but knew the chances of getting him to commit were slim.
                      After 2 years,losing 4 players and a recruit in the span of 2 days is NOT normal.
                      Also, Davis,Peterson,and Creekmur were Lickliter players.
                      Iowa has lost their best player 3 years in a row.

BTW, every coach in the country has a "system".

Comment

Cadsev is one of the most reliable posters on this board. You might want to look back and see how his analysis has panned out. By my read, about 100 percent correct.

Yes, all coaches have a system, but Cadsev is right, Lickliter has a very specific type of player in mind (check out his teams at Butler if you're interested in what kinds of players we're talking about). With the exception of Kelly, who is leaving because his mother recently died and he wants to be closer to home, the players who are leaving are not exactly prototypical "Lickliter" players.

I don't think Iowa is in trouble because of these departures of players not recruited by Lickliter. As an Iowa alum, I do wonder if his "mid-major" approach to the game will work in the Big 10, which tends to be dominated by NBA-type talents. But who knows? Iowa has never really gotten many of those NBA-types in the last 15 years, no matter who the coach was.

Point is, I'm with Cadsev on this one, and I think it's safe to say he knows an awful lot about basketball and about recruiting.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                          Cadsev is one of the most reliable posters on this board. You might want to look back and see how his analysis has panned out. By my read, about 100 percent correct.

Yes, all coaches have a system, but Cadsev is right, Lickliter has a very specific type of player in mind (check out his teams at Butler if you're interested in what kinds of players we're talking about). With the exception of Kelly, who is leaving because his mother recently died and he wants to be closer to home, the players who are leaving are not exactly prototypical "Lickliter" players.

I don't think Iowa is in trouble because of these departures of players not recruited by Lickliter. As an Iowa alum, I do wonder if his "mid-major" approach to the game will work in the Big 10, which tends to be dominated by NBA-type talents. But who knows? Iowa has never really gotten many of those NBA-types in the last 15 years, no matter who the coach was.

Point is, I'm with Cadsev on this one, and I think it's safe to say he knows an awful lot about basketball and about recruiting.
                          I'm well aware of his background and posting history. I didn't question his credibility, i disagreed with him saying this was a normal situation. I also disagreed that these players weren't recruited by Lick.

Jeff Peterson was offered by Alford but never committed. Lickliter signed him. He also recruited Davis and Creekmur.

Also, i'm well aware of the "Butler Way". I consider to be a philososphy as much as a playing style. Barry Collier took this style to Nebraska, we all know how that turned out.

I'm an Iowa native and have followed the Hawks since i was a kid. I hope this works out but i have serious doubts. Lickliter has a lot of playing time to offer right now so who knows? He is on a juco pg and pf from Florida, and also offered one of Michael Jordans sons.

Comment

Thought I saw that we offered Ellsworth Minnesota's Trevor Gruis. I saw him play on television in the state class A semifinal game yesterday. They are playing for their third straight small school state title today. He's very lean. He is a good passer and has pretty good footwork. Nice shooting touch. Did I say he's lean? Here's a link to the small blurb and boxscore from yesterday's game.

http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/showgameinfo.asp?game=344242

Comment

Gruis is playing right now in the championship. KCPO on your cable system.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post

Not stirring things up here, can anyone say how this affects Jacks? All these names and references are a little confusing as to how they relate to Jacks.

Comment

Working...
                                X