Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Recruits

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    Not stirring things up here, can anyone say how this affects Jacks? All these names and references are a little confusing as to how they relate to Jacks.
    Cody Larson is the biggest recruit in the state right now and has committed to Iowa. Some of the Jacks fans think that since Iowa is losing recruits that he might change his mind and attend State. Probably a pipe dream, but what else can we talk about in the off season.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

I don't know if its so much Larson, but in general there have been a number of there recruits and players that have left or thinking about leaving and people were wonding if SDSU has a chance at them.... We've never really been a school that has relyed heavily on transfers.... and if Larson decommites from Iowa which I don't see happening, I don't think it will be to attend SDSU unless something changes in a hurry....

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
        Cody Larson is the biggest recruit in the state right now and has committed to Iowa. Some of the Jacks fans think that since Iowa is losing recruits that he might change his mind and attend State. Probably a pipe dream, but what else can we talk about in the off season.
        Nope....won't happen.....

I responded to the question did SDSU recruit Cody Larson. The answer is yes. Iowa's loss of athletes has no effect on his decision. Regardless sorry for the thread drift but the question was about a SD athletes commitment to Iowa, he has no intentions of pulling back his commitment.

SDSU has offered Trevor Gruis. Missouri Valley schools have expressed interest in him as well and some Big 10 schools have seen him play recently but the strongest interest is from the Mid-major and smaller level.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
          I'm well aware of his background and posting history. I didn't question his credibility, i disagreed with him saying this was a normal situation. I also disagreed that these players weren't recruited by Lick.
          I'm sorry, yes Iowa is the only NCAA DI school that has had athletes transfer after a head coaching change. This is abnormal and the head coach in year two of a seven year 1.2 million per year guaranteed contract should be dismissed immediately (after the guaranteed money is paid out).

It should be noted as well that Thad Matta took the "Butler" way to Xavier and Ohio State.....seems to have worked well for him.

NSU fans wanted Don Meyer out of town after year one, wanted to lynch him after year two.....gave him a chance......doesn't seem to be an issue any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadsev View Post
            I'm sorry, yes Iowa is the only NCAA DI school that has had athletes transfer after a head coaching change. This is abnormal and the head coach in year two of a seven year 1.2 million per year guaranteed contract should be dismissed immediately (after the guaranteed money is paid out).

It should be noted as well that Thad Matta took the "Butler" way to Xavier and Ohio State.....seems to have worked well for him.

NSU fans wanted Don Meyer out of town after year one, wanted to lynch him after year two.....gave him a chance......doesn't seem to be an issue any longer.
            Nice hyperbole. Please direct me to my post where i even suggested that Lickliter should be fired.
            If you think losing 4 players and a recruit in a span of a couple of days is normal, than i don't know what to tell you. That makes 7 players in 2 years including their best player 3 years running.

BTW, Mattas success at Ohio State is due to his ability to bring in high level recruits, not the vaunted "way".

Comment

I think he probably deserves another year but when you were a notable program 5 years ago, you ran Alfrad out of town... and now players are bolting.... And when an instate recruit resinds his verbal thats when the problems start....

If tomorrow 3 players anounce that they are leaving sDSU and the next day Tony Feigen says you know I really don't want to come to SDSU, Nagy would be gone by the end of the week....

players leave, but when a program goes from a top half of the conference to the cellar in a few years the coaches get blamed....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                I think he probably deserves another year but when you were a notable program 5 years ago, you ran Alfrad out of town... and now players are bolting.... And when an instate recruit resinds his verbal thats when the problems start....

If tomorrow 3 players anounce that they are leaving sDSU and the next day Tony Feigen says you know I really don't want to come to SDSU, Nagy would be gone by the end of the week....

players leave, but when a program goes from a top half of the conference to the cellar in a few years the coaches get blamed....
                Depending on who the 3 were that would leave SDSU...I could name 3 that many could care less if they left. If Tony Fiegen walked into the AD's office and asked for his release (which he would need now) he would lose a year of eligibility if the AD decided he didn't want to release him from his commitment. Big difference between a verbal commitment and a signed national letter of intent....btw Tony Fiegen isn't going to do that anytime soon.

Bottom line at most Universities when a coaching change occurs...athletes leave..mostly because the new guy didn't recruit them and he wants to bring in his own players. Lickliter has had basically one recruiting class of athletes and that was this years group....where mostly all of them started....kids can see the writing on the wall.

Comment

I know how we got there but enough of the Iowa Hawkeye discussion.

Comment

32 AAU teams kickoff the season in St. Cloud, MN this weekend. (Missing Pulley, Net Gain & Dakota Schoolers). A few SDSU recruits make the all tourney team.

The official Comets All tournament team. More on minnesotapreps.rivals.com

First Team

Steve Tecker - MN Pump N Run
                    Carlos Emmory - MN Pump N Run
                    Vinard Birch - 43 Hoops I
                    Clay Horne - 43 Hoops I
                    Taylor Filipek - MN Comets

Second Team

Dajon Newell - MN Fury
                    Kevin Noreen - MN Pump N Run
                    Dyami Starks - MN Pump N Run
                    Jordan Riewer - MN Comets
                    Jordan Reetz - 43 Hoops I

Third Team

Dominique Dawson - 43 Hoops II
                    Jasper Duberry - TNL Express
                    Yuriy Malashenko - MN Fury
                    Mike Jensen - MN Comets II
                    Nick Quicksell - Minnesota Heat

Comment

Bremer Bank AAU Invitational Article:
                      http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=932245

Comment

Just back from the 3 class shootout in Salem. Very impressed with our three recruits that played. Brayden Carlson was the MVP for the AA team, scoring 15pts on roughly 6-8 shooting, he was 3-4 from 3pt land and 3-4 from inside the arc. Had numerous nice passes to teammates when he could have easily taken the shot himself. Tony and Chad also played very well. Tony was very impressive, he has a nice set of shoulders on him already, I can't wait to see him in a few years. He can really play inside and out, handles the ball very well for a 6'7" kid. Chad was very steady. He also handles the ball well, and knocked down a couple of 3's. The A's beat the AA's by about 12 pts. There are some nice ballplayers coming our way next year.

Comment

6'8" Rock Valley, IA Junior swingman Marcus Hemestra has verbally committed to SDSU!

Great get for SDSU and adds to the recruits in the 2009 and 2011 classes.....some nice long, skilled athletic kids going to be wearing Blue and Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadsev View Post
                            6'8" Rock Valley, IA Junior swingman Marcus Hemestra has verbally committed to SDSU!

Great get for SDSU and adds to the recruits in the 2009 and 2011 classes.....some nice long, skilled athletic kids going to be wearing Blue and Gold.
                            Great news!! Thanks for the info Cadsev. Let me ask this. How is his game when his back is towards the basket? He is a true swingman or could we call him a post? Thanks.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

This is young man who has multiple skills and is very well-coached. This is a good recruit for the Jacks. He is going to be a nice college basketball player and a great addition to SDSU. People who are worried about Scott Nagy and his staff recruiting need to relax a little bit. This shaping up to look like three good classes in a row (2009,2010, 2011). I also think that the Elite Camp that they started last year is already paying dividends. It allows players to get a feel for campus, team, and staff. It also allows the coaches to watch kids in a practice setting for a couple of days.

Comment

I have not seen him since his freshman year. He is most definitely a perimeter player. Would not consider him a post.

Comment

Working...
                                X