Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Recruits

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    I thought the chant was Wolters Wolters.... Wolters Wolters....
    cus that affected his game... I love how the NDSU fans felt it necessary to get the IPFW band to chant that.. Stupid IMO, but par for the course.
    I thought they were cheering for 'waters', because they were trying to sober up. Humm, my bad.
    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Blog mentioning Heemstra and Dykstra:

http://tdsand3s.com/content/node/381
      I had the opportunity to watch these two future Jacks on TV the other night. Holy crap was I impressed. They will make great teammates wearing the Jackrabbit colors. Very impressive. Run the floor, handle the ball, shot, pass, rebound, defend - have I missed anything? Couple of great gets for the Jacks. I look forward to watching them play BB.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
        I had the opportunity to watch these two future Jacks on TV the other night. Holy crap was I impressed. They will make great teammates wearing the Jackrabbit colors. Very impressive. Run the floor, handle the ball, shot, pass, rebound, defend - have I missed anything? Couple of great gets for the Jacks. I look forward to watching them play BB.

GBGBGJ
        This is good news. We are becoming the SDSU Dutchmen, Or is it the SDSU Orangemen. Gee some Norweigian kid from SD does not have chance anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Gee some Norweigian kid from SD does not have chance anymore.
          Fiegen's Norwegian, ain't he?

Comment

No suprise as Heemstra and Dykstra both were named first team all-state in Class 1A.

CLASS 1-A
            FIRST TEAM

JORDAN DYKSTRA
            Rock Valley, 6-9, Sr. Forward
            Repeat first-team pick averaged 24 points a game.

MARCUS HEEMSTRA
            Led team to repeat state titles, averaged 20 ppg.
            CLASS 1-A
            FIRST TEAM

JORDAN DYKSTRA
            Repeat first-team pick averaged 24 points a game.

MARCUS HEEMSTRA
            Led team to repeat state titles, averaged 20 ppg.

MATT LOWE
            Seymour, 6-9, Sr. Center
            Among state leaders in scoring, rebounds, blocks.

RYAN POWERS
            Calamus-Wheatland, 6-2, Sr. Guard
            Guided school to state runner-up finish in Class 1-A.

TIM OLEJNICZAK
            Ankeny Christian, 5-11, Jr. Guard
            Repeat first-teamer led school to first trip to state.
            MATT LOWE
            Seymour, 6-9, Sr. Center
            Among state leaders in scoring, rebounds, blocks.

RYAN POWERS
            Calamus-Wheatland, 6-2, Sr. Guard
            Guided school to state runner-up finish in Class 1-A.

TIM OLEJNICZAK
            Ankeny Christian, 5-11, Jr. Guard
            Repeat first-teamer led school to first trip to state.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/art...ms-for-2009-10

There were some other names from the region that made the other teams too.

A bit of thread drift here, but did anybody see the freshmen center from Omaha Central? He was a leader on that team that won their state championship and he was a beast as a freshmen.

Comment

Stumbled across this short article...
              http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/spor...b109c0372.html

Comment

New name has popped up on Rivals site that Jacks evidently have some interest in and that is Steven Baker 6'2 guard out of Southeast Community College in West Burlington Iowa. Originally from St Paul. http://www.scciowa.edu/currentstuden...heplayers.html
                Appears Jacks may be getting active again for some 2010 slots.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                  Fiegen's Norwegian, ain't he?
                  I missed this reply, but I suspect Fiegen is possibly Norweigian. The only reason I made reference to Orangemen and Dutchmen, is that I suspect the name Wolters would most likely trace back to the Netherlands. So that would three with those specific orgins. If they all play their best on the court and make good grades in the classroom, then orgins mean very little. The Sioux City Journal was trumpeting the steals that Coach Nagy has gotten and maybe they are right. Back in the NCC days with Morningside in the league, the Sioux City paper loved to take SDSU down especially over negatives.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    I missed this reply, but I suspect Fiegen is possibly Norweigian. The only reason I made reference to Orangemen and Dutchmen, is that I suspect the name Wolters would most likely trace back to the Netherlands. So that would three with those specific orgins. If they all play their best on the court and make good grades in the classroom, then orgins mean very little. The Sioux City Journal was trumpeting the steals that Coach Nagy has gotten and maybe they are right. Back in the NCC days with Morningside in the league, the Sioux City paper loved to take SDSU down especially over negatives.
                    I enjoy this discussion for many reasons not the least being that I am part Dutch. One thing to know if we want to be precise. Both names, Heemstra and Dykstra are actually of Fresian ancestry. I know everybody calls them Dutch as nearly 90% of NW Iowa does. However, names that end in "a" or "stra" etc. are actually Fresian.
                    The Fresian people historically are very independent from the rest of Holland or the Netherlands. Freisland is a northern province of the Netherlands annexed I believe in the 15th century. They maintained their own language for centuries following annexation and many still speak Freis to this day. Now as for these two young men they will be preferred to as Dutch but to a true Freisian it would be like calling Nidaros a Swede.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      New name has popped up on Rivals site that Jacks evidently have some interest in and that is Steven Baker 6'2 guard out of Southeast Community College in West Burlington Iowa. Originally from St Paul. http://www.scciowa.edu/currentstuden...heplayers.html

Story and pic:

http://dailyme.com/story/20100312000...rises-top.html

Steven Baker
                      SO
                      6'2"
                      St. Paul, MN

Sounds like a player we can use, likes to play D, likes to rebound, likes to score
                      Last edited by LakeJack; 04-02-2010, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                        I enjoy this discussion for many reasons not the least being that I am part Dutch. One thing to know if we want to be precise. Both names, Heemstra and Dykstra are actually of Fresian ancestry. I know everybody calls them Dutch as nearly 90% of NW Iowa does. However, names that end in "a" or "stra" etc. are actually Fresian.
                        The Fresian people historically are very independent from the rest of Holland or the Netherlands. Freisland is a northern province of the Netherlands annexed I believe in the 15th century. They maintained their own language for centuries following annexation and many still speak Freis to this day. Now as for these two young men they will be preferred to as Dutch but to a true Freisian it would be like calling Nidaros a Swede.
                        Sorry about that, but thanks for the explanation, and I am guessing here, but I believe what we know on current dairy farms as Holsteins came from that area of the Netherlands? Actually calling me a Swede is not at all offensive. The language is nearly the same and they seem to have more posters on Youtube so watched and dowload a great deal of Swedish language stuff. But then I digress.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                          Now as for these two young men they will be preferred to as Dutch but to a true Freisian it would be like calling Nidaros a Swede.
                          And just what would be wrong with being called a Swede? Or a Norwegian? Some of us are blessed/cursed to be both! Uff-da, this thread's off track!
                          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                            We have 2 schollies open for 2010 and they are going to Heemstra and Dykstra. Are you suggesting someone who currently has a schollie is leaving?

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                              We have 2 schollies open for 2010 and they are going to Heemstra and Dykstra. Are you suggesting someone who currently has a schollie is leaving?

It has been mentioned in earlier post that Palarca, Radar and Cassidy are moving on. Read above and you will see.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                                Story and pic:

http://dailyme.com/story/20100312000...rises-top.html

Steven Baker
                                SO
                                6'2"
                                St. Paul, MN

Sounds like a player we can use, likes to play D, likes to rebound, likes to score
                                Has anyone heard who the competition is for Mr. Baker ?

Comment

Working...
                                X