2010 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Recruits

We aren't recruiting Newton or Larson. Reasons don't matter, that is just the fact. I think this is a discussion that should be under a different topic. Neither of these guys are our recruits.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

OK, lets get this thread back on topic. Rock Valley has made the Iowa State Tourney and is a No. 4 seed. They play St. Albert of Council Bluffs on March 8th at 12:15 PM.

You can see the brackets for 1A here.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
        OK, lets get this thread back on topic. Rock Valley has made the Iowa State Tourney and is a No. 4 seed. They play St. Albert of Council Bluffs on March 8th at 12:15 PM.

You can see the brackets for 1A here.
        Just curious, after looking at the brackets, and noting Rock Valley has a 24-2 record, who were the two teams to beat Rock Valley?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Just curious, after looking at the brackets, and noting Rock Valley has a 24-2 record, who were the two teams to beat Rock Valley?
          They lost once to Boyden-Hull and Rock Valley beat them in District play 63 to 55. The other loss was to Bishop Heelan Catholic, Sioux City. They are a 3A school (Rock Valley is 1A). Bishop Heelan also made the State Tourney as a No. 7 seed in 3A. Rock Valley lost to them by the score of 59 - 57.

Class 1A is the smallest school division. Iowa has 4 classes total.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)

Comment

They lost once to Boyden-Hull and Rock Valley beat them in District play 63 to 55. The other loss was to Bishop Heelan Catholic, Sioux City. They are a 3A school (Rock Valley is 1A). Bishop Heelan also made the State Tourney as a No. 7 seed in 3A. Rock Valley lost to them by the score of 59 - 57.

Class 1A is the smallest school division. Iowa has 4 classes total.
            Thanks I used to follow the Iowa tourney when I lived in Nebraska. I was able to get the Sioux City TV station that carried the state tournament. I never understood their class set up but Heelan has always been tough.

Comment

Due to lack of inside presence, are we looking at one if not both Heemstra and Dykstra playing next year, instead of either or both redshirting?
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                Due to lack of inside presence, are we looking at one if not both Heemstra and Dykstra playing next year, instead of either or both redshirting?
                Neither are really "inside" guys. Dykstra could play with his back to the basket but I don't think he would prefer it. Heemstra is a face the basket offensive threat right now.

Both are tall and both can rebound but I think that is primarily because of their height advantage at the Iowa IA level. I'm not sure how well that will translate to NCAA DI basketball. I don't know much about either ones shot blocking abilities.

In other words, I don't think either one of them will be a solution to our weakness inside next year.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  Neither are really "inside" guys. Dykstra could play with his back to the basket but I don't think he would prefer it. Heemstra is a face the basket offensive threat right now.

Both are tall and both can rebound but I think that is primarily because of their height advantage at the Iowa IA level. I'm not sure how well that will translate to NCAA DI basketball. I don't know much about either ones shot blocking abilities.

In other words, I don't think either one of them will be a solution to our weakness inside next year.
                  Oh. I was think at least one of them had the size to be an inside threat.

On one had that increases the chance one will redshirt next year then...but on the other hand, SDSU loses a lot of points scored in Garrett and Kai...I'd still like to see both RS, but that's probably not likely do you think?
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                    Why is this in 2010 recruits, this kid isn't being recruited by SDSU is he? Shouldn't this be in "Around South Dakota" or something?

First off, I searched to see where Newton was talked about and SDSU coaches have watched him play, so I put it here. However, the OG kid got hit by an elbow at the beginning of the video and than the big elbow. Man, that had to hurt!

People just need to relax and if it it not interesting to you just move on and leaving a message is not necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
                      First off, I searched to see where Newton was talked about and SDSU coaches have watched him play, so I put it here. However, the OG kid got hit by an elbow at the beginning of the video and than the big elbow. Man, that had to hurt!

People just need to relax and if it it not interesting to you just move on and leaving a message is not necessary.
                      I started a new thread here: http://www.sdsufans.com/board/showth...642#post148642
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Well Rock Valley (No. 4 seed) beat NUH, Cedar Falls (No. 1 seed) 39 - 31 to advance to the State Championship game.

Congratulations to them.

Go Rock Valley!!!
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

Well Rock Valley (No. 4 seed) beat NUH, Cedar Falls (No. 1 seed) 39 - 31 to advance to the State Championship game.

Congratulations to them.

Go Rock Valley!!!
                          WoW! That's a low scoring game!

Comment

From the Des Moines Register:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/art...seeded-NU-High

The Rockets (25-2) took their first lead at 31-29 on Nic Bakker’s 3-pointer with 4:27 left.

“It felt really good, kind of relief,” said Bakker, who scored a team-high 12 points. “We finally had the lead and it kind of took some of the pressure off us. It kind of went our way from that point.”

The Panthers (25-2) tied it with single free throws from Kyle Denning and Johnny Hines, but Rock Valley capped the game with its 8-0 string sparked by Nate Van Ginkel’s putback basket with 1:31 remaining.

“That’s what Gink does,” Bakker said. “He’s always around the basket. He’s not too much of a shooter, but he gets his points.”

Jordan Dykstra added 12 points and 10 rebounds for the Rockets, who will play Calamus-Wheatland or Lynnville-Sully in Friday’s 6 p.m. championship game.

Heemstra – who will join Dykstra at South Dakota State next season – had eight points and eight boards.

Rock Valley shot 16.7 percent in the first half (3-for-18), but entered the tournament averaging 74 points per game.

“It was definitely not the style of game we wanted to play, but at halftime we went in – we were shooting terrible, too – and we knew that we’d have to win this game on our defense,” Heemstra said.

Comment

Somw great pictures of Heemstra and Dykstra. http://www.desmoinesregister.com/app...arams=Itemnr=1

Comment

Thanks for sharing these. Can't wait until 2010-2011!

Comment

Working...
                                X