Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Recruits

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    Could the recruit have been Seth Tuttle? We supposedly have an offer out to him as well and he is about the same size as Wuebker?
    NO, read the 2011 Recruits thread about Wuebker.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
      NO, read the 2011 Recruits thread about Wuebker.
      Yep...clarification was given there after I posed the possibility on this thread and that one. I was just throwing out another possible option.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I didn't know the young man's name but I can definitely confirm he is a big scrapper.

Would love to see a big bruiser underneath. I'm talking a build like AC but at 6'8"+. Of course, what team wouldn't?

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          I bet you are right. He looked like a big kid and if I might add somewhat "raw" as well. I have no problem bringing in a "project" now that we have seemingly survived transition.
          A "project" recruit that has turned out pretty well is Center James Granstra from Western Illinois.

SDSU was in the hunt during his recruiting, if I remember right we offered him. He is 6'10" 245 out of Heron Lake, MN.

This year he is averaging 6.5pts, 5.4 reb, 2.9 blocks, and is shooting 56%. He is the man in the middle for WIU's defensive minded game plan.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
            A "project" recruit that has turned out pretty well is Center James Granstra from Western Illinois.

SDSU was in the hunt during his recruiting, if I remember right we offered him. He is 6'10" 245 out of Heron Lake, MN.

This year he is averaging 6.5pts, 5.4 reb, 2.9 blocks, and is shooting 56%. He is the man in the middle for WIU's defensive minded game plan.
            I think we offered but he had eligibility issues. I thought he ended up going the JUCO route. Good for James.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I think we offered but he had eligibility issues. I thought he ended up going the JUCO route. Good for James.
              I don't remember anything about eligibility issues with Granstra. He is a Junior in his third year at WIU, so if he did go to a JUCO, he didn't play.

I think we just lost this recruiting battle, in part due to being understaffed at the time, and the fact that we haven't had a ton of success at recruiting in MN for the most part for Men's basketball. Nate Wolters was a HUGE get for us in that regard.

Comment

I don't remember any eligibility issues, and James went to WIU straight from high school. I think this was just a recruit we lost out on. Coach Molinari was the Gophers interim coach after Monson and before Tubby, and a Monson assistant coach. I think Molinari had the Minnesota connections.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification on James. I was too lazy to look into it myself last night and did not mean to infer anything about this young man. I should not have posted anything without the facts. Negative rep points for me.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                    Dykstra is Siouxland Athlete Of the Week

http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/spor...cb508d8c5.html
                    Heemstra wins the same award:

http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/spor...b13e747c5.html

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                      How crazy talented are these two kids we are bringing in? 6'9" kids are not suppose to play point guard and shooting guard, no matter what size of school they go to.
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                        How crazy talented are these two kids we are bringing in? 6'9" kids are not suppose to play point guard and shooting guard, no matter what size of school they go to.
                        That's exactly what I was thinking reading those two stories. Our coaching staff is doing an outstanding job in recruiting. I can't wait until all these guys (including Horstmann) join Wolters, White, and Fiegen on the court.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                          That's exactly what I was thinking reading those two stories. Our coaching staff is doing an outstanding job in recruiting. I can't wait until all these guys (including Horstmann) join Wolters, White, and Fiegen on the court.
                          and Carlson...everyone keeps forgetting about him

Comment

Originally posted by GBGBGJ View Post
                            and Carlson...everyone keeps forgetting about him
                            Not to mention Rader, who is a RsF... a 6'7" G/F shooting 47% from the field and 44% from downtown. Granted the sample size isn't very large yet, but he could be pretty good down the road too.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              Not to mention Rader, who is a RsF... a 6'7" G/F shooting 47% from the field and 44% from downtown. Granted the sample size isn't very large yet, but he could be pretty good down the road too.
                              I have to agree. Radar sure seems to have a knack for scoring the limited time he's been in there this year. He's a tall, lanky body that seems to be very comfortable anywhere on the floor. I have a feel he will get plenty of minutes next year and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                                I have to agree. Radar sure seems to have a knack for scoring the limited time he's been in there this year. He's a tall, lanky body that seems to be very comfortable anywhere on the floor. I have a feel he will get plenty of minutes next year and beyond.
                                I don't think there is too much concern about his offense. Who does he defend? Is he big enough to defend the post? Is he quick enough to defend on the perimeter? He is too great a liability on defense? (rhetorical)

Comment

Working...
                                X