2010 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Recruits

The signing isn't necessarily a big media thing. Many times just done at home or the local school. In the case of SDSU this year all of our signees were from out of state. The only signings I saw were the 2 SF guys who appeared to have a joint signing even though one was going to USD and the other Iowa.

Comment

Were the signings actually in person or did they send them in?
      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

I don't believe the coaches can be with the player when they sign. They are almost always faxed in.

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
          I don't believe the coaches can be with the player when they sign. They are almost always faxed in.
          You are correct 76Rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
            Yes, the signing can't occur on the college campus and the coaches cannot be present no matter where the signing takes place. It is up to the local media outlets in the recruits hometown to cover it. The NLIs are then faxed in and that is when the college can send out their official press release.

Comment

Since that is the case, I really don't blame TV's coverage of signing day.
              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Just for fun I was looking at the ESPN rankings for Center's in the 2010 class and it has Heemstra listed as No. 44. No suprise, it has been post on here before, but I was suprised to see that Elliott Eliason was listed at No. 48. We did recruit EE, but everyone thought he was too high of a recruit for us. EE eventually signed with Minnesota. EE had some ties to SDSU also, so the thinking was to at least make an offer a while back.

I remember thinking when I heard EE commit to Minnesota that we had missed out on a good recruit, but we may have just as good a recruit in Heemstra. The thing about Heemstra is if does not commit to SDSU, then Dykstra may not have committed either.

Even though Heemstra is ranked No. 44 and EE is ranked 48, they appear to be equal at this point. That is not saying EE may be the better recruit at the end of the day. But I would rather have Heemstra and Dykstra than EE. Nothing against EE, but I would rather have two very good recruits than one very good recruit.

Here is the link to the rankings for Center's on ESPN if your interested.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                  Just for fun I was looking at the ESPN rankings for Center's in the 2010 class and it has Heemstra listed as No. 44. No suprise, it has been post on here before, but I was suprised to see that Elliott Eliason was listed at No. 48. We did recruit EE, but everyone thought he was too high of a recruit for us. EE eventually signed with Minnesota. EE had some ties to SDSU also, so the thinking was to at least make an offer a while back.

I remember thinking when I heard EE commit to Minnesota that we had missed out on a good recruit, but we may have just as good a recruit in Heemstra. The thing about Heemstra is if does not commit to SDSU, then Dykstra may not have committed either.

Even though Heemstra is ranked No. 44 and EE is ranked 48, they appear to be equal at this point. That is not saying EE may be the better recruit at the end of the day. But I would rather have Heemstra and Dykstra than EE. Nothing against EE, but I would rather have two very good recruits than one very good recruit.

Here is the link to the rankings for Center's on ESPN if your interested.
                  I am convinced we landed Heemstra because of his passion for baseball, ironically enough. If he would have displayed his skills on the summer circuit more I am positive he would have had offers from some major conference schools, which could have lured him away from SDSU (though that is not for certain either). Obviously getting a commitment from Heemstra had a ripple effect that help us land Dykstra as well.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Exert from the Sioux City Journal:
                    The "twin towers" (Dykstra and Heemstra) are each wide receivers on for an unbeaten Boyden-Hull/Rock Valley football team that will play IKM-Manning in a Class 2A state semifinal on Monday.
                    Can you say "fade route"?
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                      I am convinced we landed Heemstra because of his passion for baseball, ironically enough. If he would have displayed his skills on the summer circuit more I am positive he would have had offers from some major conference schools, which could have lured him away from SDSU (though that is not for certain either). Obviously getting a commitment from Heemstra had a ripple effect that help us land Dykstra as well.
                      EE.... I've talked to some kids who played against him and they said he is more of a project then a true thing.... he is 7 foot tall but isn't that refined.... Heemstra is very refined but is only 6'8" which caps his growth somewhat....

What I guess I am saying is Heemstra has a better chance of being a good college post, where Eliason could very well be a so-so college post or at the same time become a NBA center.... IF that helps anything

also I heard the same thing about Heemstra and baseball..... loves baseball, and would play baseball before he would play in big time summer camps.... got to respect both Dykstra and Heemstra for participating in sports they love even though they have D-I scholarships in a different sport.... many quit the other sports and focus primarly on the one they are good in and coming from a small town I understand how important it is for them to continue to play in all sports....

Comment

I predict we will see a lot of Heemstra at the 3/4 (much like Kai last season) and Dykstra will be more of the center.

Being that Heemstra likes baseball so much, is he good enough that we should be worried about him being drafted? I assume he is a pitcher?
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                          I predict we will see a lot of Heemstra at the 3/4 (much like Kai last season) and Dykstra will be more of the center.

Being that Heemstra likes baseball so much, is he good enough that we should be worried about him being drafted? I assume he is a pitcher?
                          I doubt that he will get drafted..... I don't know how good he is but I'd guess if he was that good he would be getting noticed on the diamond and I've just heard that he is good, and likes baseball....

Comment

I count three Jack recruits in this picture. Heemstra, Dykstra and Boever.

http://www.ksfypigskinpreview.com/

Comment

Heemstra and Dykstra led Rock Valley to a season opening win. Dykstra had 28 points and 13 rebounds, while Heemstra had 10 points and 10 boards.

Comment

Dykstra is Siouxland Athlete Of the Week

http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/spor...cb508d8c5.html

Comment

Working...
                                X