This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2008-09 Recruits

Last night was the first time I had seen Krogman play in quite some time and my thought was that it was entirely useless as an evaluation tool. He clearly can shoot the ball excellently, and he was quicker up and down the court than I remember, but when people complained about AA ball ...

There just wasn't enough talent on the court besides him to tell whether he could move to the next level. It reminded me of a time when I was playing pickup ball at Augie over the lunch hour. Kevin Kaseveharn (?sp, recently signed with the Saints) was also playing that day. His team never lost, it got behind several times while he let everyone else play, and then he decided to take over and they/he would go on a run to win. He was so much more physically athletic than anybody else on the floor (mainly older geezers like me) that you never could tell if he was pushing it when he took over, or just doing enough to take over.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

• Re: 08 Recruits

Originally posted by 89rabbit
      *From the Moderator

I will take care of it when I get back to Kansas City later this afternoon.

Splicing accomplished.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22
        I just got back from state A's in Rapid and heres what I have to say.. First of all the super sophs from Madison did well but I was really impressed with Jared Vlastiun from Lennox this is the 3rd time i've seen him play and even though he was playing against Doerr it was the best I've seen him play this year. He is taller then the listed (6-4) and jumps like no other, very aware near the basket, smart player, great rebounder, strugles on the defensive end though, hes skinny but if he hit the weight room im shure he would grow... (look at his bro).. I was just wondering if SDSU has looked at him, or any d-I colleges.
        Vlastuin did work out for the Jacks, but nothing came of it. He also worked out for NDSU. He has been offered a scholarship to play at Augie.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo
          [quote author=joeboo22 link=1160372003/165#175 date=1174018003]I just got back from state A's in Rapid and heres what I have to say.. First of all the super sophs from Madison did well but I was really impressed with Jared Vlastiun from Lennox this is the 3rd time i've seen him play and even though he was playing against Doerr it was the best I've seen him play this year. He is taller then the listed (6-4) and jumps like no other, very aware near the basket, smart player, great rebounder, strugles on the defensive end though, hes skinny but if he hit the weight room im shure he would grow... (look at his bro).. I was just wondering if SDSU has looked at him, or any d-I colleges.
          Vlastuin did work out for the Jacks, but nothing came of it.  He also worked out for NDSU.  He has been offered a scholarship to play at Augie.  
          [/quote]

First, I'm not sure people in SD really understand what a "DI quality player" is. Second, at least one of the underclassmen in the state who is a "DI recruit" will be represented at Frost tomorrow night. I suspect there may be more than just one potential men's BB player at SDSU represented tomorrow night.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Vlastuin has gotten looks at D1 - no offers, but has been looked at.  If he can develop a consistent jumper, he is a d1 player.  There is no doubt d1 teams will be looking at him this summer.  

How many times have you seen him play?

Besides Iverson, Vlastuin may have the next best potential of playing D1.

Comment

Vlastuin has gotten looks at D1 - no offers, but has been looked at.  If he can develop a consistent jumper, he is a d1 player.  There is no doubt d1 teams will be looking at him this summer.  

How many times have you seen him play?
              Haven't seen him play and I will admit I am not one who knows what a "DI quality recruit" is. I have spoken with others who I hope do and they did not mention Vlastuin. However, I did not ask specifically about him. I look forward to hearing about the DI looks and offers he receives. If those who make the decisions feel he is the right fit for our program I hope he accepts an offer from SDSU.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I've seen him play 3 times this year and once last year and he is by far the best d-I collibar athlete i've seen.. He is small though ya hes 6-5/6-6ish but he needs to get stronger he is a great leaper and has exellent post moves, I know that his brother got big at about that age and if Jared does he would be just what SDSU is looking for, a post that can score and rebound... I'm thinking about catching a heat game or 2 this summer just to see how he does against D-I tallent.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22
                  I've seen him play 3 times this year and once last year and he is by far the best d-I collibar athlete i've seen.. He is small though ya hes 6-5/6-6ish but he needs to get stronger he is a great leaper and has exellent post moves, I know that his brother got big at about that age and if Jared does he would be just what SDSU is looking for, a post that can score and rebound... I'm thinking about catching a heat game or 2 this summer just to see how he does against D-I tallent.
                  Different opinions make message boards interesting.

What I like is that it seems like there's a steadily increasing number of South Dakota athletes who might be D-I caliber athletes. That's a good thing, regardless of where they wind up. Naturally, I'd like to see SDSU get more than our fair share . . .
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I was too lazy to read all the kids mentioned on all the pages, but kids you should really be looking at in 2008 are the ones Tim Miles is looking at. The big one is Cody Schilling of Ellsworth MN. He's better than anyone in SD 2008 class.

He'll play with Louie on the SD Heat this season. He's a stud.

Comment

The Jacks are after Schilling. He's got offers from higher programs, but it sounds like he would like to stay close to home, so maybe the Jacks can get him.

Schilling scored 33 points tonight in the quarterfinal victory of the Minnesota State Tournament. 19-21 on FT's I believe.

He has been mentioned already.

NDSU is also after Colton Iverson, who SDSU is also after.

Comment

was Shilling the one that played for the storm last season??? I know ive asked that before i should just look it up..

Heres what I see for D-I tallent in next years class in South Dakota
                        the main ones go like this
                        Colton Iverson--- 2 things his dad was a stud and hes 6-9 and growing
                        Louie Krogman--- quick shot and smart basketball player
                        Jared Vlastiun--- Jumper with good post moves

I know im missing a few but those would be the main 3 D-I calliber basketball players to keep an eye on this summer and next year

Comment

Could Iverson possibly be enticed to play at CSU to follow Miles and could any of NDSU's current players transfer to play under him in Ft. Collins? Just a thought to stir the board up.

Comment

The Jacks are after Schilling.  He's got offers from higher programs, but it sounds like he would like to stay close to home, so maybe the Jacks can get him.

Schilling scored 33 points tonight in the quarterfinal victory of the Minnesota State Tournament.  19-21 on FT's I believe.  

He has been mentioned already.

NDSU is also after Colton Iverson, who SDSU is also after.  
                            Unfortunately, I think Miles relates better to the SD athlete than Nagy does. I don't see Cody coming to State, but he's a special player for sure and VERY unselfish.

Comment

Miles is gone now though - Will that change anything?

Comment

Miles is gone now though - Will that change anything?

I think for Schilling to come to SDSU, you'll need Krogman and Iverson to come as well.  I'm not big on Nagy, but I'm big on Schilling.

I can't find anything on Miles leaving for CSU. Where is the link??? He still is a great SD connection.

Comment

Working...
                                X