X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2008-09 Recruits

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    If your questioning whether Wolters can dunk the ball with authority I assure you he can. Might night have been the right time or place to do that in a close game!
    Good, I figured he probably had the athleticism to dunk. I just thought it was odd in the highlight as it looked like it would have been an easy dunk. Not that being able to dunk a basketball translates to basketball success.

I should have said "didn't" instead of "couldn't" in my previous post.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      Not that being able to dunk a basketball translates to basketball success.
      I can tell you from first-hand experience that not being able to dunk a basketball (or shoot worth a crap, for that matter) does not translate to basketball success either. I was kind of slow, too.
      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
        I can tell you from first-hand experience that not being able to dunk a basketball (or shoot worth a crap, for that matter) does not translate to basketball success either. I was kind of slow, too.
        And I could dunk (occasionally, when the planets were aligned) but otherwise stunk at basketball.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

ESPN page for Wolters

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recru...ruitId%3d96099

I would guess this analysis and rating were from before the season started as he should be rated higher.

Comment

Class of 2009 (Prospects - taylor - braun)
            Taylor Braun SF6'7"185Newberg H.S. (OR) SF #164

SignedNorth Dakota State

76 is greater than 70

Class of 2009 (Prospects - felt
            Michael Felt SG6'3"185Redwood Valley H.S. (MN) SG #168

79SignedNorth Dakota State

79 is greater than 76 which is greater than 70 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post
              Class of 2009 (Prospects - taylor - braun)
              Taylor Braun SF6'7"185Newberg H.S. (OR) SF #164

SignedNorth Dakota State

76 is greater than 70

Class of 2009 (Prospects - felt
              Michael Felt SG6'3"185Redwood Valley H.S. (MN) SG #168

79SignedNorth Dakota State

79 is greater than 76 which is greater than 70 as well.
              And this has what to do with SDSU recruits? Nothing.

Comment

oh dangit. cuz we didnt get wolters, and we bounced back with a 76 signee a week later.

im just happy!!!

Comment

Too bad Wolters scorched Felt the two times they played each other in AAU ball last summer and also too bad NDSU got Taylor Braun AFTER this was reported

"spoke to Saul Phillips this afternoon. Nate Wolters, their top target to fill the final scholarship committed to SDSU earlier this week"

Looks like Wolters was NDSU's TOP TARGET.

ESPN and scout don't know anything about recruits unless your going to a power conference.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    Good, I figured he probably had the athleticism to dunk. I just thought it was odd in the highlight as it looked like it would have been an easy dunk. Not that being able to dunk a basketball translates to basketball success.

I should have said "didn't" instead of "couldn't" in my previous post.

True story: Once witnessed a high school game here in No. Va. that was almost lost because a kid, who dunked probably 20 times that season, missed a dunk near the end of a game. He got it off a steal and went in uncontested, and he rimmed it so hard off the back of the rim that it caroomed all the way back into the other court, where a trailing player from the other team caught it and immediately scored. If memory serves me, about a five-point game turned into a three-point game at crunch time
                    I saw that clip of Nate Wolters and saw a player who knew his team needed two points a heck of a lot more than a spectacular slam at that point, and he was going to make darned sure he scored. Welcome to the Jacks, Nate.

Comment

I guess they made Carlson's committment official? http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=3744521

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        I guess they made Carlson's committment official? http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=3744521
                        because he is a walk-on he never signed a LOI meaning that they can't officially comment on him until he enrolls in the school..... which he just did thats why the news release...

Comment

Great news. I've watched Brayden in high school and each time I saw him play (once or twice a season is all) he improved from the prior time I saw him. I think he'll make an impact.

Comment

Doing a bit of housekeeping. Thread un-stuck and closed.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                            X