Isn't that every day for a Jackrabbit?
    Yes, yes it is.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

• Re: 2008-09 Recruits

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
      Isn't that every day for a Jackrabbit?
      Amen brother!! Now Nate Wolters and his family can experience the same.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I know this isn't fair....but since it's a fan discussion board, how long til Nate is the starting point?

I don't know if Palarca sees many minutes in the future.

How fun will it be to watch a backcourt of White and Wolters? (The double-w's)

Comment

Is Nate Wolters getting Anthony Davis' scholarship? I'm not complaining. I've seen Wolters play a little and people whose judgment I trust say he's a great player. I no longer feel bad about Mike Felt going to NDSU.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            Is Nate Wolters getting Anthony Davis' scholarship? I'm not complaining. I've seen Wolters play a little and people whose judgment I trust say he's a great player. I no longer feel bad about Mike Felt going to NDSU.
            I don't think so.... I think he will be getting bassetts.... but whos is whos is a whole nother deal..... I think it would be a stretch to say that Wolters will be the starting PG..... I think he will see strong minutes, but I think that Palarca will still start at the point.... Its just when he either isn't on or is making mental mistakes we will be able to sub him in and the offense will still run.....

Mike Felt recruitment was odd to me, it was we offered, NDSU offered he committed to NDSU.... He didn't have a great summer from what I had heard, he struggled against top rated defenses and everybody said that Carlson was a better overal guard.... He had problems taking people off the dribble and problems getting open shots against good defenders....

Comment

Palarka is no slouch. He'll probably come back next fall tougher than ever. I agree that Palarka probably will still start next season. But Wolters and White definitely will give the team more depth at guard and will improve the team. I'm of the impression that Carlson will redshirt and that White and Wolters will play right away. Wolters could be a starter and a star by the time he's a sophomore.
              This space for lease.

Comment

According to the St. Cloud Times blog Wolters will be on campus June 1st. Will the other recruits be joining him? Heck the other three can live at home and drive every day. Is the whole team sticking around this summer?
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I think Wolters may make a big difference next year if his point guard chops are as good as some say.

If Palarca is the starter, then putting in Wolters to give him breathers will give some teams a significant matchup problem. I've never played point guard but I have to think that going from guarding and playing offense against a 5'10" guy to another guy 6 inches taller would not be the easiest thing to do.

Things are definitely moving in the right direction for the men's team, that's for sure.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    I think Wolters may make a big difference next year if his point guard chops are as good as some say.

If Palarca is the starter, then putting in Wolters to give him breathers will give some teams a significant matchup problem. I've never played point guard but I have to think that going from guarding and playing offense against a 5'10" guy to another guy 6 inches taller would not be the easiest thing to do.

Things are definitely moving in the right direction for the men's team, that's for sure.
                    I think there is going to be some flexibility at the point this year. It might not matter who starts, because there are going to be a lot of minutes to go around. I can see a lot of players getting the same amount of minutes.
                    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                      I think there is going to be some flexibility at the point this year. It might not matter who starts, because there are going to be a lot of minutes to go around. I can see a lot of players getting the same amount of minutes.
                      I really agree with your post B94...and while I guess it's fun to speculate on who will start, I think it is somewhat meaningless. Especially now, with some depth to go around. Some guys do better coming off the bench and are every bit as valuable as the starter. And I believe Nagy will utilize his players a lot like AJ does.

Comment

On the D-II boards they said it was on the local news in St. Cloud

THERE IS NO LOCAL NEWS IN ST CLOUD. for TV.

just newspaper.

and I thought Nate's Dad wasn't pleased with Coach Nagy, and now he is a jackrabbit? wierd, strange stuff. wonder how much Saul & Miles knew.

"thats a pretty solid core of recruits coming in through the next few years... all of them local too...." HOW IS ST CLOUD LOCAL?? its 4 hours away in Minnesota??

im just going off what was written on bisonville. sorry.

Comment

Who said Nates dad wasn't pleased with Nagy. All he ever said was that SDSU was pushing Nate to sign early and he didn't want to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
                            Who said Nates dad wasn't pleased with Nagy. All he ever said was that SDSU was pushing Nate to sign early and he didn't want to do that.
                            Exactly.
                            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

well.. I guess WE were assuming that since he said "SDSU was pushing him" that he wasn't happy about it.

that was the general consensus. and since Saul & Tim Miles didnt get Wolters, something smells fishy.. but whateva.

I played in St cloud Tech's conference, Ill find out through my sources..

Comment

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post
                                well.. I guess WE were assuming that since he said "SDSU was pushing him" that he wasn't happy about it.

that was the general consensus. and since Saul & Tim Miles didnt get Wolters, something smells fishy.. but whateva.

I played in St cloud Tech's conference, Ill find out through my sources..
                                Since when has Saul Phillips become the gold standard in recruiting. He hasn't done anything...yet. He's still riding the Tim Miles wave.
                                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                                X