X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2008-09 Recruits

Originally posted by thebluehatman
    To me it seems like Nagy does not know what to do with a big guy... I.E. Someone 6'9" or taller. In the past we have had good luck with big men but have gone quiet on that front lately.
    I think maybe we just haven't had the kind of big guy that Nagy wants for quite some time. Engen has potential, but he isn't a wide-bodied, space-eating, rebounding machine. That's what we need.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I'm pretty sure Cougill played for Cherokee as a freshman. Isn't that where Brock Campbell came from. I don't know if his family moved to Sioux City or if he makes the long drive everyday. He'll certainly get more exposure playing for Heelan. It sounds like he gets plenty of exposure during the summer anyway, but I guess most good HS players do anymore.
      6'9" 260lb players are definately NOT a dime a dozen - especially ones who can PLAY. The kid dominated LeMars with his rebounding and blocked/altered shots in their substate game. He kept Heelan around as Sargent sat with fouls and didn't score a point in the first half. I think they open their state tournament today.
      A big Hawk fan I work with saw Cougill at a Hawkeye game. I guess one could say the same thing about 1000's (at least a few 100) high school kids.
      I'm sure he'll get a lot of attention over the next couple of years. As with the other 50 kids mentioned, this one would sure look good in a Rabbit uniform.

Comment

I think this Cougill is pretty talented. The more I read about him the more I think Big 10/ Big 12. He might be out of our reach. Maybe he is Clint Sargents best friend?
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by IowaRabbit
          I'm pretty sure Cougill played for Cherokee as a freshman.  Isn't that where Brock Campbell came from.  I don't know if his family moved to Sioux City or if he makes the long drive everyday.  He'll certainly get more exposure playing for Heelan.  It sounds like he gets plenty of exposure during the summer anyway, but I guess most good HS players do anymore.  
          6'9" 260lb players are definately NOT a dime a dozen - especially ones who can PLAY.  The kid dominated LeMars with his rebounding and blocked/altered shots in their substate game.  He kept Heelan around as Sargent sat with fouls and didn't score a point in the first half.  I think they open their state tournament today.  
          A big Hawk fan I work with saw Cougill at a Hawkeye game.  I guess one could say the same thing about 1000's (at least a few 100) high school kids.
          I'm sure he'll get a lot of attention over the next couple of years.  As with the other 50 kids mentioned, this one would sure look good in a Rabbit uniform.    

Adam Timmerman came from Cherokee as well.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Is Colton Iverson from Yankton in this class (2008)? Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I don't feel like re-reading all of the previous posts. I saw him play a few times this year and we could really use him. He has great size, a head for the game, and he is a SD kid. I hope Nagy goes after him hard; if he's not already.
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

• 08 Recruits

If my math is correct :-/... we would have 8 scholarship players in 08 on the roster-- assuming everybody stays
              Callahan
              Cadwell
              Williams
              Bassett
              Engen
              Cordova
              Sargent
              Moss

there being a 13 scholarship limit and we would have to keep atleast 1 left over 09 that would give 4 to give out. (Correct me if im wrong)

So here's what I got for idea's
              Colordao guy???-- I read this on an earlier post on here
              Colton Iverson--6-8 PF/C
              Louie Krogman--6-1 SG
              Ryan Hoogeveen-- Current walk on redshirt

If any of this information is incorrect feel free to tell me, I havn't heard much on the Colorado guy if its true or not I don't know..
              The numbers are assuming that any JuCo guy would come in as a Jr. and that we don't sign any more hs seniors this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells
                Is Colton Iverson from Yankton in this class (2008)?  Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I don't feel like re-reading all of the previous posts.  I saw him play a few times this year and we could really use him.  He has great size, a head for the game, and he is a SD kid.  I hope Nagy goes after him hard; if he's not already.  
                Colton is a Junior this year so he would be an 08-09 recruit. Nagy is very interested as are many other regional schools. If Colton has a good tourney and a good summer he could garner more interest from some true mid-majors. My understanding is that Miles from NDSU has an inside track on Nagy right now. He was on the seen before SDSU. Time will tell.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

• Re: 08 Recruits

You certainly have not given up on the idea of Krogman becoming a Jack when all signs point to the contrary.

Comment

What signs?

Comment

I would say the fact that we offered a schollie, and then took it away is a pretty good sign that chances are low he will attending. But things can change.
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22
                        If my math is correct  :-/... we would have 8 scholarship players in 08 on the roster-- assuming everybody stays
                        Callahan
                        Cadwell
                        Williams
                        Bassett
                        Engen
                        Cordova
                        Sargent
                        Moss

there being a 13 scholarship limit and we would have to keep atleast 1 left over 09 that would give 4 to give out. (Correct me if im wrong)

So here's what I got for idea's
                        Colordao guy???-- I read this on an earlier post on here
                        Colton Iverson--6-8 PF/C
                        Louie Krogman--6-1 SG
                        Ryan Hoogeveen-- Current walk on redshirt

If any of this information is incorrect feel free to tell me, I havn't heard much on the Colorado guy if its true or not I don't know..
                        The numbers are assuming that any JuCo guy would come in as a Jr. and that we don't sign any more hs seniors this year.
                        After sleeping on it I realized that any JC junior would count against us in 08...

If I had to guess.... I would say if Iverson or some other guy we are recruiting went somewhere else that maybe we would offer the schollie to Krogman...

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                          You certainly have not given up on the idea of Krogman becoming a Jack when all signs point to the contrary.
                          I'm just throwing names out bud not trying to strt anything, is there any other D-I recruits in the 08 class that have looked at sdsu..

Comment

I don't think we would offer krogman a scholarship simply because Iverson or someone else turned us down. I think it's more about what we need at the time another ie. post player or another point guard. I think its much easier to find a player of Krogmans abilities both in the region and outside than it is to find an athletic 6'9 player. I'm sure the Jacks are on the beat of several DI talented players.

Comment

Krogman with over 20 points in the first half.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells
                                Is Colton Iverson from Yankton in this class (2008)?  Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I don't feel like re-reading all of the previous posts.  I saw him play a few times this year and we could really use him.  He has great size, a head for the game, and he is a SD kid.  I hope Nagy goes after him hard; if he's not already.  
                                Just a tip (I didn't know about it earlier), you can type Iversons name in the search window at top right and it will give you all the posts on the board.

Comment

Working...
                                X