This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2008-09 Recruits

Now on Louie, I will say Cadsev07 that you do help alot of kids with getting a chance to play college ball whether or not they play with you however, I do know that you also will have it out for some kids, and you have a thing against kids who turn it down after playing. some kids deserve it, you started club ball in sd but you have allowed other programs to suceed you. I've talked to louie and other players and they say it just isn't what it once was to play on your team it use to be an honor now its more like a black eye. and not even the best team anymore. I know that your program offers it to kids and some of them turn it down and it is still a great summer club team.

Your comments aren't  worth replying to however I sent you an IM.

Time to leave this site for awhile again.........later

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22
      Ya I guess that does make sence I didn't realize that there was that big of an overlap, I heard Malloy has signed at DWU though, great sign for them for whatever sport he decides to play. I havn't heard about this recruit from Colorado but there must be decent size there considering Black Hills State has signed another 6-9 kid from there. They have 2 6-9 freshman from colorado this year, and that is a NAIA school so you would think that maybe Colorado has some D-1 size. Just a possible recruiting market for the future.

On the JUCO list its a tough choice. Do you take that scholarship and give it to a high schooler that from day 1 will learn your style. Or take a JUCO kid that only has 1 or 2 years of elgibility and has been coached in a different system for the past 2 years.

If you look at this year I see 2 freshman that its kind of hard to believe that SDSU was there best option in Callahan and Williams. I also see a JUCO kid in Frias that has played really well. The ? you have to ask yourself with a JUCO kid is, is there tallent good enough now to help the team enough to in sence morgage the future because you will only have the kid for 2 years, and have to deal with alonger transition period. I do however believe if SDSU is going to get a 7-0 it will be the JUCO route because honestly     7-0ers with D-1 tallent out of high school don't go to a college in which they call the arena they play in "Frost Arena" to play basketball. I understand if they do it to level out the scholarship's also. In Nagy I trust
      Don't you kind of feel out of the loop talking about SDSU athletics like you go to school here while you go to Black Hills State in hope of becoming a basketball coach? I fear for what they are teaching kids out there at BHSU especially people I know out there. Your posts rarely make sense and seem like they are hurriedly put together with out much thought or care for making complete sentences that make sense. And I know you are a big fan of Mr. Krogman. Ok....venting over. SDSU doesn't have to trust on purely South Dakota talent IMHO, and going out of state for the best athletes is the best approach. Now granted we'll go after the best if he is D-1 worthy, but the fact is not every athlete is D-1 worthy. There really is a difference in men's BB going from D-2 to D-1 and D-2 athlete may win a few games but they are not the best options to turn to. This year's group of freshmen have a couple of legit D-1 impact players for any team. We're getting to where we need to be and hopefully the boys from Madison in 2 years will come in and have a big impact. We shall see what the next 2 years will bring us.

Comment

I am not as big of Louie fan as people make it out to seem. I am a fan of basketball and a fan of my sources who say he is going there. You can say that because I go to BHSU that I'm not a real SDSU fan or that I am out of the loop. Well lets tell alittle history about me. From about age 7 I listened to the majority of SDSU basketball games. Have always been a fan of Nagy. I remember crying one year when they were upset at the ncc tournament. When SDSU decided to go D-1 I was the biggest supporter. Yes I do make hurried post on here sometimes I get excited and go to far into one topic and forget about what I originally went on here to say. Sorry. On the basketball coaching I hope to become one yes I was never great at it as a player so I learned to watch games and latley have started going to games in which I could care less on who wins, by doing that you see the offense and deffense and real tallent. Now on why I attend BHSU. Since I live alot closer to brookings and the majority of my friends attend there you could say why don't you go there. Well heres the deal all what i did in high school is drink drink drink drink and ya more drinking. I also didn't have alot of friends not that I was a loner just that I had a select group of friends and they were going to SDSU so I figured go out to BHSU for a couple of years establish a GPA meet some new people and then if I feel nessasary transfer over to SDSU. I am a jackrabbit at heart and wish I could attend there without my gpa becoming tony romo's golf handicap. So don't go out and say I know nothing about SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
          When I spoke to Coach Iverson at the Mt Marty game he mentioned the Nagy had been in contact.  He has 2 daughters currently playing college ball, one for him at the Mount at one at USD.  Really a very nice family.  I'll leave the recruiting to the Coaches.

As for the pace of all the Yankton games, its painful really.
          Looks to me like SDSU is turning up the pace on Iverson. I have seen Nagy at 2 games and last night Deryl Cunningham was at the Yankton/Huron game. I'd love to see Colton at SDSU but I am afraid that at this point he doesn't have much interest in the Jacks. Iversons were not at the game last Saturday as Jackguy indicated. I don't believe they have attended a game yet at Frost.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22
            Now on Louie, I will say Cadsev07 that you do help alot of kids with getting a chance to play college ball whether or not they play with you however, I do know that you also will have it out for some kids, and you have a thing against kids who turn it down after playing. some kids deserve it, you started club ball in sd but you have allowed other programs to suceed you. I've talked to louie and other players and they say it just isn't what it once was to play on your team it use to be an honor now its more like a black eye. and not even the best team anymore.
            joeboo,
            I missed this earlier and have to say that I think is a personal attack that is not necessary. I hope Cadsev does not leave the board, as I think he has had the most accurate information on recruits of all the posters.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
              [quote author=joeboo22 link=1160372003/90#96 date=1170140189]Ya I guess that does make sence I didn't realize that there was that big of an overlap, I heard Malloy has signed at DWU though, great sign for them for whatever sport he decides to play. I havn't heard about this recruit from Colorado but there must be decent size there considering Black Hills State has signed another 6-9 kid from there. They have 2 6-9 freshman from colorado this year, and that is a NAIA school so you would think that maybe Colorado has some D-1 size. Just a possible recruiting market for the future.

On the JUCO list its a tough choice. Do you take that scholarship and give it to a high schooler that from day 1 will learn your style. Or take a JUCO kid that only has 1 or 2 years of elgibility and has been coached in a different system for the past 2 years.

If you look at this year I see 2 freshman that its kind of hard to believe that SDSU was there best option in Callahan and Williams. I also see a JUCO kid in Frias that has played really well. The ? you have to ask yourself with a JUCO kid is, is there tallent good enough now to help the team enough to in sence morgage the future because you will only have the kid for 2 years, and have to deal with alonger transition period. I do however believe if SDSU is going to get a 7-0 it will be the JUCO route because honestly 7-0ers with D-1 tallent out of high school don't go to a college in which they call the arena they play in "Frost Arena" to play basketball. I understand if they do it to level out the scholarship's also. In Nagy I trust
              Don't you kind of feel out of the loop talking about SDSU athletics like you go to school here while you go to Black Hills State in hope of becoming a basketball coach? I fear for what they are teaching kids out there at BHSU especially people I know out there. Your posts rarely make sense and seem like they are hurriedly put together with out much thought or care for making complete sentences that make sense. And I know you are a big fan of Mr. Krogman. Ok....venting over. SDSU doesn't have to trust on purely South Dakota talent IMHO, and going out of state for the best athletes is the best approach. Now granted we'll go after the best if he is D-1 worthy, but the fact is not every athlete is D-1 worthy. There really is a difference in men's BB going from D-2 to D-1 and D-2 athlete may win a few games but they are not the best options to turn to. This year's group of freshmen have a couple of legit D-1 impact players for any team. We're getting to where we need to be and hopefully the boys from Madison in 2 years will come in and have a big impact. We shall see what the next 2 years will bring us.
              [/quote]

bluehat,

I don't see how it matters if joeboo goes to SDSU or not. Just because he doesn't hang around the HPER in the hopes of talking to an athlete and squezing some info out of them doesn't mean he doesn't have a clue.

Also, if you want to limit the SDSU fan base to SDSU alumni only, that is the dumbest thing I ever heard. We are DI now, and DI schools should be attracting students from lower divisions as fans. Ever see someone walking through the mall wearing a North Carolina hat? According to you, they are either a graduate of NC or a poser. Gimme a break.

Personally, I think it is pretty cool to have a fan attending another school across the state as a fan of SDSU. I think it is even cooler that he is a big enough fan to spend time posting on a message board.

“I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit
                [quote author=jackmd link=1160372003/90#103 date=1170213428]When I spoke to Coach Iverson at the Mt Marty game he mentioned the Nagy had been in contact.  He has 2 daughters currently playing college ball, one for him at the Mount at one at USD.  Really a very nice family.  I'll leave the recruiting to the Coaches.

As for the pace of all the Yankton games, its painful really.
                Looks to me like SDSU is turning up the pace on Iverson. I have seen Nagy at 2 games and last night Deryl Cunningham was at the Yankton/Huron game. I'd love to see Colton at SDSU but I am afraid that at this point he doesn't have much interest in the Jacks. Iversons were not at the game last Saturday as Jackguy indicated. I don't believe they have attended a game yet at Frost.
                [/quote]

Actually, I think a campus visit for Colton is coming up. He's over two hours away, and usually has a game on the weekend - it's hard to make time right now. He is certainly interested in a campus visit though.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic
                  [quote author=joeboo22 link=1160372003/90#94 date=1170126631]Now on Louie, I will say Cadsev07 that you do help alot of kids with getting a chance to play college ball whether or not they play with you however, I do know that you also will have it out for some kids, and you have a thing against kids who turn it down after playing. some kids deserve it, you started club ball in sd but you have allowed other programs to suceed you. I've talked to louie and other players and they say it just isn't what it once was to play on your team it use to be an honor now its more like a black eye. and not even the best team anymore.
                  joeboo,
                  I missed this earlier and have to say that I think is a personal attack that is not necessary. I hope Cadsev does not leave the board, as I think he has had the most accurate information on recruits of all the posters.[/quote]

Yeah, because personal attacks have always been off limits on this board. :

Cadsev, while providing interesting if not valuable information, seems to have thin skin. Every time someone questions his input, he goes off the board to pout. Oh please, please, please, come back Cadsev!!! We have learned our lesson, we won't question you anymore!

If you dish it out, you should be able to take a little, too. Those seem to be the rules everyone else has to play by.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan
                    bluehat,

I don't see how it matters if joeboo goes to SDSU or not.  Just because he doesn't hang around the HPER in the hopes of talking to an athlete and squezing some info out of them doesn't mean he doesn't have a clue.

Also, if you want to limit the SDSU fan base to SDSU alumni only, that is the dumbest thing I ever heard.  We are DI now, and DI schools should be attracting students from lower divisions as fans.  Ever see someone walking through the mall wearing a North Carolina hat?  According to you, they are either a graduate of NC or a poser.  Gimme a break.

Personally, I think it is pretty cool to have a fan attending another school across the state as a fan of SDSU.  I think it is even cooler that he is a big enough fan to spend time posting on a message board.
                    Wow...great call out by SF_Rabbit_Fan. Seriously, if I were Ashton Kutcher on "That 70's Show" I'd toss out a big BURN toward bluehat. But I'm not, so I won't.

Cadsev, please don't go. Some people just don't understand.
                    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan
                      bluehat,

I don't see how it matters if joeboo goes to SDSU or not.  Just because he doesn't hang around the HPER in the hopes of talking to an athlete and squezing some info out of them doesn't mean he doesn't have a clue.

Also, if you want to limit the SDSU fan base to SDSU alumni only, that is the dumbest thing I ever heard.  We are DI now, and DI schools should be attracting students from lower divisions as fans.  Ever see someone walking through the mall wearing a North Carolina hat?  According to you, they are either a graduate of NC or a poser.  Gimme a break.

Personally, I think it is pretty cool to have a fan attending another school across the state as a fan of SDSU.  I think it is even cooler that he is a big enough fan to spend time posting on a message board.
                      : If it was only true that I hang out in HPER in hopes of talking to an athlete and getting info. Thats quite the good one there SF, I give you props for making that one up. I don't remember talking about limiting the SDSU fan base or posers but OK... I just don't take someone who lists making drunk posts on internet message boards as one of his hobbies too serious...

Comment

Next post on this thread discussing anything other than SDSU recruits will earn a ban.

Next post on this thread discussing another poster on this thread will earn a ban.

(Yes, I am not in a good mood today. Don't push it.)
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

More so than any other in-state recruit yet, Colton Iverson may be the most important to get.  This exactly the kind of kid (big, mid-major interest,basketball family) that SDSU needs to keep in state.  A potential 6'9-6'10 (when he is done - not out of the question) in-state comes along not very often.  SDSU cannot depend solely on in-state kids, but they must get the best ones most of the time.  That is reason of getting an early verbal on the Madison kids and why I am sure that Nagy would like a verbal from Colton.  SDSU coaching discovered that they need to offer earlier than other schools on these kids to stop them from leaving.  If one stays, then there is a better chance the next one stays.  This is the type of kid that helps keep other kids down the road.  SDSU men's BB needs to re-establish themselves as an option for DI level basketball players, they do not have to go to Wisconsin-Milw., Montana State, Pacific, or Cal-Irvine to get the DI experience.  With the conference schedule now in place, this is the next piece of the puzzle for the men to continue to improve.  

Comment

I've never seen this Iverson play. Is he a projected foward or center? Or I guess another way of putting it is what body type does the kid have? Is he going to be more like Engen in size, or more like Josh Cerveny? Either way, we need the height.

Comment

I'm sorry for attacting cadsev, I have had personal problems with him in the past and I know of one person who has had similer problems with him (If you want more information PM me.) Now for Colton Iverson I watched the kid play last year and he played scared out of his mind, given the game I watched him play was against Pierre, I have heard that he really matured late last year and durring the summer, I plan on trying to watch him play in accouple of weeks and will be able to get more of a college level perspective on him. Does anybody know if he has grown any he was 6-7ish last year when I watched him play prety skinny but not a twig.

And thanks for the guy that supports my actions of posting, Just to clairify it says SDSUFANS not SDSU ALUMNI OR STUDENTS.

Comment

ANYWAY, back to more civilized conversation. Cadsev, as I was walking back from my classes today, I pondered such a thought on the idea of recruiting based on who a college was recruiting. For example, if a D1 coach offered a full ride to a kid who qualified for in-state tuition, plus university apartment housing, let's say the estimated cost per year is $12,000 dollars. Now you look at an out of state kid, and the estimated cost per year is $20,000 dollars. Is there a fixed budget that would influence a coach to do more in state recruiting, as opposed to out of state? This is just an example, not of an actual school
                                12 scholarship players in-state: $144,000 per year
                                12 scholarship players out-of-state: $240,000 per year
                                6 scholarship players in-state and 6 out of state: $192,000 per year
                                that just kind of bugged me!

Comment

Working...
                                X