X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2008-09 Recruits

Originally posted by joeboo22
    Since it appears that 07 is done atleast for high school players. I thought I would add some light and ask some ? on this thread

Does SDSU still have offers on the table for Iverson and Schilling?
    Is there any others that SDSU has an offer on the table with?
    Is there any other players on there radar?
    From everything I have read and seen Schilling does not have SDSU in his short list, but NDSU was on it before Miles left. I have not heard anything more on Iverson other than what Cadsev reported that he was on campus recently. James Radar from Colorado a 6'7 forward has committed to SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
      [quote author=joeboo22 link=1160372003/240#254 date=1177709830]Since it appears that 07 is done atleast for high school players. I thought I would add some light and ask some ? on this thread

From everything I have read and seen Schilling does not have SDSU in his short list, but NDSU was on it before Miles left. I have not heard anything more on Iverson other than what Cadsev reported that he was on campus recently. James Radar from Colorado a 6'7 forward has committed to SDSU. [/quote]

Does anybody have insight on how Nagy started grabbing recruits from Colorado? I don't recall any recent players coming from the rocky mountain region until this year.
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I asked my friends from colorado and they said that there was SDSU coaching staff at a summer tournament either in colorado or nebraska that they played in... As far as why the coaching staff was there I don't know.
        I know that SDSU recruited my cousin and his team mate from colorado 6-7 years ago when they were D-II. (neither went there)

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack
          [quote author=JACKGUYII link=1160372003/255#255 date=1177711583][quote author=joeboo22 link=1160372003/240#254 date=1177709830]Since it appears that 07 is done atleast for high school players. I thought I would add some light and ask some ? on this thread

From everything I have read and seen Schilling does not have SDSU in his short list, but NDSU was on it before Miles left. I have not heard anything more on Iverson other than what Cadsev reported that he was on campus recently. James Radar from Colorado a 6'7 forward has committed to SDSU. [/quote]

Does anybody have insight on how Nagy started grabbing recruits from Colorado?  I don't recall any recent players coming from the rocky mountain region until this year.[/quote]

Nagy is good friends with the team chaplain of the Broncos and ans Rockies, Bill Radar who happens to be James' father. Bill was a celebrity golfer at the Stan Marshall last year.
          Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by gatewayrabbit
            [quote author=2002jack link=1160372003/255#256 date=1177711853][quote author=JACKGUYII link=1160372003/255#255 date=1177711583][quote author=joeboo22 link=1160372003/240#254 date=1177709830]Since it appears that 07 is done atleast for high school players. I thought I would add some light and ask some ? on this thread

Does anybody have insight on how Nagy started grabbing recruits from Colorado?  I don't recall any recent players coming from the rocky mountain region until this year.[/quote]

Nagy is good friends with the team chaplain of the Broncos and ans Rockies, Bill Radar who happens to be James' father.  Bill was a celebrity golfer at the Stan Marshall last year.
            [/quote]

I'll second that and you beat me to the response.

Comment

Schilling and Krogman tearing it up. Excerpt from a Minnesota Preps story. Those two could be a lethal combination for someone!

The South Dakota Heat woke up early and defeated the Chicago Demons behind Louie Krogman's 27 points as he again had five three-pointers. Teammate Cody Schilling penetrated and kicked to Louie for several of those shots and Cody again showed why he is known as a "second half player" stepping up to hit jumpers and free throws for a total of 16 points. The Heat beat the Demons 67-58.

In the Heat's second game of the day, Schilling and Krogman quickly got out on a scoring blitz to give the Heat a 35-18 lead. Struggling last night to finish at the bucket, Cody scored six driving lay-ups on the Howard Pulley White squad and then helped Krogman get some looks and with the White squad not getting all the way up on Krogman, Louie sunk two threes quick. Hitting from the inside and out, the Heat picked apart the White team early and Krogman had room to drive and finish. At 6-foot-1, Louie is the full offensive scoring package and when play resumes next winter, Krogman will be making a run at the South Dakota state scoring records. The White team would make a late run but the Heat held on to win 64-60 and the Schilling/Krogman combination scored 45.

Comment

This tandem got beat in the quarter finals of the Pulley tournament this afternoon. Having seen Schilling play and what he does, Louie has to love the outlet passes off of the drive. I can tell you these two kids are pretty good friends so going to the same school could be possible. Pretty good showing by the Heat and the young Schoolers for that matter in Bloomington this weekend.

I'm defintely heading down to Sioux Falls in June for the Schooler's tourney to watch some of these young men play. I believe the dates are the 8th-10th.

Comment

Minnesota Preps reports on the Schoolers at the Sabes Invitational and future Jacks recruits White and Fiegan. Also positive comments on Cody Larson from Roosevelt and the class of 2010.

The Schoolers pulled away as they caught fire from the outside and they outworked their opponents from Chicago for the 72-55 win. Class of 2009 wing Chad White stands 6-foot-6 and he hit three jumpshots in row that were big for momentum. Chad has a very good stroke as does 6-foot-7 forward Tony Fiegen who is also from the 09 class and he also sunk jumpers as well as some shots in the lane to help the Schoolers move on to the Sunday round of play. Both Fiegen and White are long forwards who play a disciplined game with a nice skill set.

Also on the Schoolers is 14-year old Cody Larson who is playing with the Schoolers for the second year in a row. High majors from the Midwest have shown interest and/or visited Larson because at 6-foot-8, Cody has a strong athletic frame and a nice skill set. Playing at a level three years younger then most, Larson did not put up staggering numbers but he competed well and the potential is clearly there.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                    Minnesota Preps reports on the Schoolers at the Sabes Invitational and future Jacks recruits White and Fiegan. Also positive comments on Cody Larson from Roosevelt and the class of 2010.

The Schoolers pulled away as they caught fire from the outside and they outworked their opponents from Chicago for the 72-55 win. Class of 2009 wing Chad White stands 6-foot-6 and he hit three jumpshots in row that were big for momentum. Chad has a very good stroke as does 6-foot-7 forward Tony Fiegen who is also from the 09 class and he also sunk jumpers as well as some shots in the lane to help the Schoolers move on to the Sunday round of play. Both Fiegen and White are long forwards who play a disciplined game with a nice skill set.

Also on the Schoolers is 14-year old Cody Larson who is playing with the Schoolers for the second year in a row. High majors from the Midwest have shown interest and/or visited Larson because at 6-foot-8, Cody has a strong athletic frame and a nice skill set. Playing at a level three years younger then most, Larson did not put up staggering numbers but he competed well and the potential is clearly there.

Larson may be playing his way out of reach for us. I know the Gophers are watching, not sure about courting but definitely watching. That means other major conference teams are too. I, for one, am glad we offered White and Fiegen and even more pleased that they have verbally accepted.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Larson hasn't played his way out of SDSU he just has the physical atributes of mid to high major schools, the same with Colton Iverson big schools looked at him but he never generated offers. As far as his play I would say he hasn't impressed me but is only 14 and still has a couple of years to impress me. White is a great player and yes he is D-I I havn't seen a kid that can light it up from the arch and beat anybody off of the dribble since well ya Mike Miller. Fiegan is more of a project right now, hes 6-6 depending on who he is playing with he wil play the 3 or 4, if he grows 2 inches he could become a great 4 for SDSU if he doesn't he could become an average 3, hes not as explosive as White but seemed to have more basketball IQ then White.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22
                        Larson hasn't played his way out of SDSU he just has the physical atributes of mid to high major schools, the same with Colton Iverson big schools looked at him but he never generated offers. As far as his play I would say he hasn't impressed me but is only 14 and still has a couple of years to impress me. White is a great player and yes he is D-I I havn't seen a kid that can light it up from the arch and beat anybody off of the dribble since well ya Mike Miller. Fiegan is more of a project right now, hes 6-6 depending on who he is playing with he wil play the 3 or 4, if he grows 2 inches he could become a great 4 for SDSU if he doesn't he could become an average 3, hes not as explosive as White but seemed to have more basketball IQ then White.
                        I'm a little confused.........In going back and reading your prior posts in April where you wrote......

"Other then the future Rabbits I have not seen any of them play, the only other one i've heard about is Jordan Miller.  So I will refrain from judgement"  

Then you wrote.......

"In general though I have to say that this is the least known schooler team I can remember other then the Future Rabbits the rest of the Gold well I don't know them"

Today you wrote that Larson has not impressed you........when did you see him play in April or May (assuming that you have seen him play since your wrote the prior comments about the athletes on the Schoolers Gold Team)?  Were you in Minneapolis this weekend?  If so can you provide your analysis of his games this weekend?  I'm just confussed and need some clarification.

Comment

This ought to be interesting.

Just the facts, Joeboo...you've told us you're 19 and a student at BHSU.  I've always wondered how you find the time to observe so many players as you sometimes claim.  So, I'm looking forward to reading your responses to Cadsev's questions.

Comment

I think we'll see by the end of the year that Iverson will have some high major offers. it is a little later, but coaches will notice him this summer.

As far as Larson - there are high majors after him already - not offered, but the U of Minnesota just travelled to Sioux Falls to watch a scrimmage about 2 weeks ago.  He will be a good player if he continues to develop.  He is a top 50(Maybe even higher - i don't want to check it out now) for his class.  That is someone who has probably played himself out of SDSU's reach.....

White was a good recruit for SDSU to land - Fiegen hasn't even shown his full potential yet - They are two kids who will be very good for the Jacks.  If they could possibly get a Iverson or Larson, it would really surprise me.  I wouldn't mind it at all though.  

Comment

Cadsev, how did the other Roosevelt prep player and 2010 graduate(Adol Aluong) perform this weekend? Is he garnering much interest as he enters his sophmore season next year.

Comment

Ok I have not seen Larson play but I have seen his stats and I have talked to people that have seen him play and they all say the same thing. Hes raw he hasn't played great but is still only 14 years old. The reason he is getting looks by schools like Minnesota right now are the fact that hes 6-8/6-9 and shows potensual. Its that old saying you can't coach size.

I am planning on watching the schoolers play sometime this summer and plan on attending next years state AA's as it will be in R.C. I do attend my fair share of events I have seen the future rabbits from madison play 3 times this past year. As far as my comment about not knowing Cody Larson I was getting at I havn't heard anything about him in his high school career, Cadsev you should know that I did know that Cody Larson was on last years schoolers roster. Maybe after watching Cody play personally I will change my statement as Cody playing his way out of SDSU's hands but all I am getting at is don't be scared that he is playing his way out of SDSU's hands because he is getting looks by big-10 schools because all what they are looking at is a 14 year old 6-8 kid that could grow into a 7-0... yes they are going to keep there eyes out for him but I remember hearing that Cclton Iverson was getting looks by Oklahoma and other Big-12 schools and I havn't heard of any offers.

Comment

Working...
                                X