X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2008-09 Recruits

Originally posted by RLIV
    Hey Cadsev:

What do you think of 6'7" Dwight Peterson from Sioux Valley.  He's got a nice outside touch.  I think you said he grew 5" last summer.  He doesn't have much meat on his bones.  From my uneducated evaluation of him at State A's I'd say he'd be best suited at the 3 spot in college (no idea what level he could play at).  I should note I'm a little biased as I'm from Sioux Valley.
    I read this on another board about SD High School boys basketball

Heard today from someone who talked to Dwight Pederson's parents that Dwight will be attending USF and playing basketball for the Cougars next year.
    Can't very the source, but thought you would be interested none the less.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

[quote author=joeboo22 link=1160372003/180#186 date=1174532364]I've seen him play 3 times this year and once last year and he is by far the best d-I collibar athlete i've seen.. He is small though ya hes 6-5/6-6ish but he needs to get stronger he is a great leaper and has exellent post moves, I know that his brother got big at about that age and if Jared does he would be just what SDSU is looking for, a post that can score and rebound... I'm thinking about catching a heat game or 2 this summer just to see how he does against D-I tallent.
      I watched him play a couple times down in Rapid last weekend.  While he appears to be a great athlete, I don't think he's even close to big enough to play the 4 or 5 spot at the DI level (maybe even D2 level).  I didn't think he looked any taller than the listed 6'4".  He's got great ups, that's for sure.  I couldn't believe it when I saw him drop step and throw down a monster two handed dunk.  That was impressive.  If he grows a couple 3 inches, then, who knows???[/quote]

hes skinny but if you looked at him against Doerr he was actually taller... I've been told that Doerr is 6-7+

I will agree he doesn't look that tall but I think thats more because he hasn't put on any weight.. If he puts on weight he will be a D-I kid if he doesn't it will be D-II for him.

Comment

Hey Cadsev:

What do you think of 6'7" Dwight Peterson from Sioux Valley.  He's got a nice outside touch.  I think you said he grew 5" last summer.  He doesn't have much meat on his bones.  From my uneducated evaluation of him at State A's I'd say he'd be best suited at the 3 spot in college (no idea what level he could play at).  I should note I'm a little biased as I'm from Sioux Valley.
        Loved him last summer, came out of nowhere and played his tail off.  Unfortunately didn't have a chance to see him play this winter.  He may be a tweener as well but in the NAIA level could be an impact player.  If he heads to USF as rumored he might be caught in a log jam.  They seem to have a ton of kids in their program and all are quality athletes. As for DI I doubt that will happen for the kid. The late signing period is weeks away, his chances for that level get smaller each passing day.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack
          [quote author=RLIV link=1160372003/195#207 date=1174592034]Hey Cadsev:

I read this on another board about SD High School boys basketball

Heard today from someone who talked to Dwight Pederson's parents that Dwight will be attending USF and playing basketball for the Cougars next year.
          Can't very the source, but thought you would be interested none the less.
          [/quote]

I heard from the mother of a potential USF teammate that USF was recruiting Dwight Peterson. She didn't know if he had made a decision.

Comment

I have to say I disagree with what USF does they go out and recruit 10+ kids and then stick them on there JV team, I believe for some people a JV is good for them but they had the Seedfelts and ohers this year who I thought would of been better suited red-shirting and saving a year of elgibility..

Comment

I didn't think you lost eligibility playing on the JV team. I could be wrong though.

Comment

Dwight Pederson signed his letter of intent stating he will enroll and play basketball at USF. should be in newspapers tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo
                  I didn't think you lost eligibility playing on the JV team.  I could be wrong though.  
                  Yep a year on the JV is a year loss of eligibility.

Ok, how does Princetons coach leaving for U of Denver affect um......Zach Finley?

Comment

joeboo22 said:

hes skinny but if you looked at him against Doerr he was actually taller... I've been told that Doerr is 6-7+

I will agree he doesn't look that tall but I think thats more because he hasn't put on any weight.. If he  puts on weight he will be a  D-I kid if he doesn't it will be D-II for him.
                    [/quote]

So you are saying that Jared Vlastiun, at 6'4", is actually taller than Kyle Doerr, who is 6'7"?

You aren't majoring in Weights and Measures there at BHSU are you?

Jared Vlastiun will not be playing D1 Basketball at SDSU. He is a fine high school player, but he is nowhere near what SDSU needs. In my opinion, he does not play at SDSU in 1998, let along 2008.

Comment

*From the Moderator

We seem to be getting a little off track on this thread.  This thread is for SDSU '08-'09 recruits.  We have an "Around South Dakota" section if everyone wants to talk about area recruits and where they might go.  Your help to prevent thread drift is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadsev
                        [quote author=gojacksgo link=1160372003/210#215 date=1174618264]I didn't think you lost eligibility playing on the JV team.  I could be wrong though.  
                        Yep a year on the JV is a year loss of eligibility.

Ok, how does Princetons coach leaving for U of Denver affect um......Zach Finley?[/quote]
                        He should transfer to SDSU

Comment

Originally posted by collegewatcher
                          joeboo22 said:

I will agree he doesn't look that tall but I think thats more because he hasn't put on any weight.. If he  puts on weight he will be a  D-I kid if he doesn't it will be D-II for him.
                          So you are saying that Jared Vlastiun, at 6'4", is actually taller than Kyle Doerr, who is 6'7"?

Jared Vlastiun will not be playing D1 Basketball at SDSU. He is a fine high school player, but he is nowhere near what SDSU needs. In my opinion, he does not play at SDSU in 1998, let along 2008.[/quote]

This is what i'm saying, next to each other they were almost identical in height, is Doerr 6'7" I've been told if you get the tape out he is... People lie about height on there program just like football players lie about there weight, its been going on for quite awhile.

Heres what im getting at, he is skinny and that makes him appear shorter then he actually is.... If he got bigger he already has the hops and the post moves to be a D-I player.... Somebody said early that we need a banger downlow and what im saying he bangs prety well now and if he hit the weights and packed some pounds he would be the banger SDSU needs. As far Zach Finely going to SDSU unless its as a walk on I don't see it happening, he isn't a banger and doesn't have a good shot.. I would much rather see Michael Tveidt come to town who can bang and step out at hit from the outside, if he was too transfer would he have to sit out a year considering he redshirted?

Vlastuin out played Kyle Doerr who I heard is being looked at by a D-I school and UND-transition D-I college...

I'm not saying that Jared Vlastuin is D-I yet but if he packs some pounds, hits the weights and can consistanty hit the 10-12 footer he is a D-I player in my eyes..

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22
                            [quote author=collegewatcher link=1160372003/210#218 date=1174655576]joeboo22 said:

Jared Vlastiun will not be playing D1 Basketball at SDSU. He is a fine high school player, but he is nowhere near what SDSU needs. In my opinion, he does not play at SDSU in 1998, let along 2008.[/quote]

This is what i'm saying, next to each other they were almost identical in height, is Doerr 6'7" I've been told if you get the tape out he is... People lie about height on there program just like football players lie about there weight, its been going on for quite awhile.

Heres what im getting at, he is skinny and that makes him appear shorter then he actually is.... If he got bigger he already has the hops and the post moves to be a D-I player.... Somebody said early that we need a banger downlow and what im saying he bangs prety well now and if he hit the weights and packed some pounds he would be the banger SDSU needs. As far Zach Finely going to SDSU unless its as a walk on I don't see it happening, he isn't a banger and doesn't have a good shot.. I would much rather see Michael Tveidt come to town who can bang and step out at hit from the outside, if he was too transfer would he have to sit out a year considering he redshirted?

Vlastuin out played Kyle Doerr who I heard is being looked at by a D-I school and UND-transition D-I college...

I'm not saying that Jared Vlastuin is D-I yet but if he packs some pounds, hits the weights and can consistanty hit the 10-12 footer he is a D-I player in my eyes..[/quote]
                            This from the man who thinks USF's wide receiver is pro material....Priceless ;D ;D

Comment

I never said he was Pro Material I just was wondering if he had a chance of getting drafted because I heard there were NFL scouts at some of his games.. I've never watched Dusty Hovorka play football, I've seen Jared Vlastuin play 3 times this year and once last year.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                                *From the Moderator

We seem to be getting a little off track on this thread.  This thread is for SDSU '08-'09 recruits.  We have an "Around South Dakota" section if everyone wants to talk about area recruits and where they might go.  Your help to prevent thread drift is appreciated.
                                Bumping up 89rabbit's post, can we talk about SDSU recruits on this thread and other South Dakota athletes in their own proper thread please?

Comment

Working...
                                X