X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2008-09 Recruits

Originally posted by 89rabbit
    No worries, I won't be doing any persuading. Coach Iverson is well respected in our community and I would like to meet him.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadsev
      No chance he'll commit after the season this year....... No other comment
      Had a chance to see Larson and Rosey play over the holidays against Lincoln. Looked very timid as you noted. Moreso on the defensive end than the offensive if you ask me. A couple times he was at the freethrow area on the defensive end when a guy would drive baseline. I kept waiting for one of Larson's long arms to come flying pinning the ball off the backboard. However, he was usually watching the made layup while still standing around the freethrow line. Brought it up with Coach Wilber while discussing the game later. He feels the same as Cadsev. If he gets that killer instinct, he's going to be dangerous. If. Remember, he's a young guy. It's hard for we non-highschool kids to remember and relate to, but the mental intimidation of a freshman/sophmore playing a varsity basketball game is tough to overcome. It will be interesting to see him mature.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Definitely encouraging that South Dakota has some potential DI Calibre players coming up through the ranks. Something you don't hear from our neighbors to the North.

Comment

Everytime I here this it comes from a more creditable source, first it was somebody that knows his gf, then it was somebody that knows his coach then it was somebody that knows everything about sd hoops now it comes from somebody that knows Louie personally and his girl friend, and he believes that Louie Krogman will go to SDSU with or without a scholarship, Cadsev you can come on here and say how it isn't true because youve talked to the SDSU coaches but you are also the one that said that only the athlete can make it public before he signs???? I'm just coming out and saying that I believe he is going to be a jackrabbit and that is great news for the jacks because Louie has played great without talent around him think what he would do with tallent around him??

Comment

We need 3 recruits a year from now on to make a strong team. We must keep the best player from SD in state and at SDSU. We need to have 1 or 2 JUCO players a year on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22
              Everytime I here this it comes from a more creditable source, first it was somebody that knows his gf, then it was somebody that knows his coach then it was somebody that knows everything about sd hoops now it comes from somebody that knows Louie personally and his girl friend, and he believes that Louie Krogman will go to SDSU with or without a scholarship, Cadsev you can come on here and say how it isn't true because youve talked to the SDSU coaches but you are also the one that said that only the athlete can make it public before he signs???? I'm just coming out and saying that I believe he is going to be a jackrabbit and that is great news for the jacks because Louie has played great without talent around him think what he would do with tallent around him??
              SDSU or it's coaching staff can not officially comment in the press about a verbal commitment received or recruits. They can do so only after they have received a signed NCAA National Letter of Intent. This does not prevent them from speaking about it in general to coaches, family members or others...sure they aren't going to talk to people they don't know about potential recruits but they also don't hold back on commenting on someone they aren't recruiting if they aren't recruiting them. Therefore.....the next time you see coach Nagy ask him where they stand with Louie Krogram. I'm sure his response will be something to the effect that we are not recruiting him.

Comment

Well when I see him next I will do that but I just think that its funny that 90% of White River (small town) believe that Louie is going to SDSU, and its not like its 1 person that hurd it from his mom when she was at the bar, its his friends, family and classmates that are saying this.

Comment

There is a difference between believing/thinking and know...I believe I can get any woman I want. I know that no matter how much alcohol she drinks that she'll still end up saying no. If we are recruiting Krogman good for us, if we are not good for us. Nagy knows what kind of player he is looking for and if and I say if Krogman ends up playing here joeboo then you got my permission to point and say I told you so.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
                    There is a difference between believing/thinking and know...I believe I can get any woman I want. I know that no matter how much alcohol she drinks that she'll still end up saying no.  If we are recruiting Krogman good for us, if we are not good for us.  Nagy knows what kind of player he is looking for and if and I say if Krogman ends up playing here joeboo then you got my permission to point and say I told you so.
                    What? Have you been drinking and typing again?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                      [quote author=thebluehatman link=1160372003/75#82 date=1169731621]There is a difference between believing/thinking and know...I believe I can get any woman I want. I know that no matter how much alcohol she drinks that she'll still end up saying no.  If we are recruiting Krogman good for us, if we are not good for us.  Nagy knows what kind of player he is looking for and if and I say if Krogman ends up playing here joeboo then you got my permission to point and say I told you so.
                      What? Have you been drinking and typing again?[/quote]

I only drink when I'm stressed and even though I'm stressed it was too early to drink and post. Just kind of sick of hearing i heard from so and so's mom's sister's ex-girlfriend's lover's dog about Krogman. I take serious consideration from what Cadsev has to offer but not really taking the stuff I've heard lately too serious from other members who have certain info on certain websites about some of their favorite hobbies... :-X

Comment

I take credit on what Cadsev has to say I believe he is creditable but I have other creditable sources I have known for along time alot longer then I have been on this message board and they say he is going to sdsu, then I go and ask my friend from White River and he says that everybody in White River believes that he is going to SDSU. And my sources are alil bit more creditable then my cuzins exgirlfriends moms dog trainer. Its 1 my friend that knows about this stuff and the situation and my friend from white river. Its not my style to brag and bost when I'm right because Im wrong alot also so I don't plan on doing that when Krogman is playing for State in accouple years.

Comment

THREAD: http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb...1141925770/0#0

If you are planning on attending a boys state tournament next weekend here is a breakdown of some atheltes to watch:
                          Class B
                          Louie Krogman – White River – Sophomore consider the top basketball player in the soph class due to absurb amount of points scored.  He does it all for White River and is on a mission to prove that he’s as good as advertised.  He’s worth the price of admission most nights and will only get better.
                          THREAD: http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb...m=1140547010/0

Class of 2008
                          This class isn't very deep in talent and doesn't offer too much potential for SDSU
                          Louie Krogman (White River) 5'11" 2 Guard - Has the biggest name in the class and will put up huge numbers at White River.  He's been offered by SDSU but most likely won't commit any time soon.
                          Cadsev - I'm curious as to why you seem to have changed your stance on the ability of the Krogman kid.  I look back on older posts and you seem to evaluate him in a positive manner.  Now your saying he isn't the type of recruit that SDSU would want.  I'm not trying to argue if he's coming to SDSU or not but rather why SDSU wouldn't want to a kid that is going to break a scoring record that has been in place since the 50s.  Seems like it might be even worth the gamble of giving him a scholarship despite his shortcomings that you've previously mentioned.  

I'm wondering your change in tone has something to do with the fact Krogman isn't planning on playing for the Dakota Schoolers next year.

Comment

Thread: http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb...34833469/42#42

Louie Krogman is only a soph but the SDSU staff is extremely interested in landing him in the 08 class. He is and will continue to be the #1 player in that class as he continues to score a ton of points. Two 40 pt games at the start of the season followed by 19 at Kadoka have him off on the right foot again. Louie is a shooter and isn't afraid to put it up anytime he's accross half court. He's only about 6'0 tall but has a knack for scoring. Many have compared him to Eric Kline, I for one think that is a stretch but he is only a Soph. He is a ways off from verballing or signing but expect SDSU to continue to pursue him hard.
                            Another positive eval of Krogman by Cadsev.

Comment

My two cents as only an observer, Krogman is one heck of a scorer. I'm not sure he is a DI player all-around but I suspect Nagy has the right people deciding that. It doesn't matter what a person like Cadsev with close ties to these kids or a White River community member has to say. Its up to the recruit and those doing the recruiting.

If Nagy decides to offer Louie a scholarship (which I thought he might have done at one time) I hope Louie considers it carefully and chooses SDSU (I was under the impression that Louie wasn't interested and that the scholarship offer had been retracted with recent signings/verbals). Again, I'm not interested in this information to be honest. Its Nagy's job to trust his staff and his own ability to assess the talent of potential future SDSU players and offer opportunities to those he deems appropriate for his team.

Best if luck to Louie as his great career continues.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack
                                [quote author=Cadsev link=1141925770/0#0 date=1141918570]
                                THREAD: http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb...1141925770/0#0

If you are planning on attending a boys state tournament next weekend here is a breakdown of some atheltes to watch:
                                Class B
                                Louie Krogman – White River – Sophomore consider the top basketball player in the soph class due to absurb amount of points scored.  He does it all for White River and is on a mission to prove that he’s as good as advertised.  He’s worth the price of admission most nights and will only get better.
                                THREAD: http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb...m=1140547010/0

Class of 2008
                                This class isn't very deep in talent and doesn't offer too much potential for SDSU
                                Louie Krogman (White River) 5'11" 2 Guard - Has the biggest name in the class and will put up huge numbers at White River.  He's been offered by SDSU but most likely won't commit any time soon.
                                Cadsev - I'm curious as to why you seem to have changed your stance on the ability of the Krogman kid.  I look back on older posts and you seem to evaluate him in a positive manner.  Now your saying he isn't the type of recruit that SDSU would want.  I'm not trying to argue if he's coming to SDSU or not but rather why SDSU wouldn't want to a kid that is going to break a scoring record that has been in place since the 50s.  Seems like it might be even worth the gamble of giving him a scholarship despite his shortcomings that you've previously mentioned.  

I'm wondering your change in tone has something to do with the fact Krogman isn't planning on playing for the Dakota Schoolers next year.[/quote]

My comments have nothing to do with what summer program the kid decides to play for but is based on his current recruitment from SDSU.  I'll refrain from commenting on Louie's recruitment as it seems to be a hot topic. I have a good relationship with him and despite his decison to not play for our program doesn't mean that I would not help the kid out in any way possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X