This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2008-09 Recruits

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Colton and his family will make the choice. The decision is his which is great. He has worked hard to put himself in a position where he can make the best choice for him. I will support whatever decision he makes and I am grateful that he continues to consider SDSU as a possibility. Do I think SDSU is the best fit for Colton, I'm not sure I do but that doesn't matter. I know Colton would be a great addition to our team and I would love him to sign on with Coach Nagy and the Jackrabbits.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

After he weighs up all his options he will make the decision that is best for himself.

Kai had much larger schools than SDSU interested in him. He is very happy with his decision, although saying that it was a very stressful time leading up to his decision, I wish him the best of luck, in whatever he decides upon.

Comment

Here's a brief mention of Colt in the Pioneer Press.

http://www.twincities.com/walters

Look for the Gophers men's basketball team to offer a tender to 6-foot-10, 240-pound forward Colt Iverson, who will be a senior at Yankton (S.D.) High and was MVP of the recent Hoosiers Shootout in Indiana. Iverson, whose father, Chuck, was an NBA draft pick by Seattle in 1973, had 28 points and 16 rebounds in the Hoosiers Shootout title game.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFan06
          Here's a brief mention of Colt in the Pioneer Press.

http://www.twincities.com/walters

Look for the Gophers men's basketball team to offer a tender to 6-foot-10, 240-pound forward Colt Iverson, who will be a senior at Yankton (S.D.) High and was MVP of the recent Hoosiers Shootout in Indiana. Iverson, whose father, Chuck, was an NBA draft pick by Seattle in 1973, had 28 points and 16 rebounds in the Hoosiers Shootout title game.
          Wow! Out of our reach unless he really really wants to stay home....good luck to him!

Comment

I'm not trying to be a na sayer but he didn't put up much by the way of stats in high school I know the pace of AA had alot to do with it but I think the pace of summer league has alot to do with those stats also.

Comment

Gee ya think? But that's still good numbers. I know you have to look into if the other team had a big man, etc., but you do that in a summer tournament you're going to turn some heads. Hopefully most of the coaches stayed around to watch the final game (even though he won't need it)

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                I've said it before and I'll say it again, Colton and his family will make the choice.  The decision is his which is great.  He has worked hard to put himself in a position where he can make the best choice for him.  I will support whatever decision he makes and I am grateful that he continues to consider SDSU as a possibility.  Do I think SDSU is the best fit for Colton, I'm not sure I do but that doesn't matter.  I know Colton would be a great addition to our team and I would love him to sign on with Coach Nagy and the Jackrabbits.

BINGO I think you have said it all JackMD.

Comment

Yankton newspaper article on Colton's recruitment.

Looks to me like our chances are between slim and none. Amazing the attention he is getting, sounds like he will make a decision in the next month on where he will go.

http://www.yankton.net/stories/08010...88270725.shtml

Comment

Washington State would be a great place for Colton. Program on the rise and he'd be a solid contributor.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute
                      Washington State would be a great place for Colton.  Program on the rise and he'd be a solid contributor.
                      Long ways from home in a conference where most teams are a long ways from home. There is more to it than might meet the eye. Congrats to Colton and best of luck with a big decision.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

*From the Moderator

This is a Public Service Announcement

Remember only you can prevent thread drift.  

Seriously, I do want to remind everyone that this section of the board is dedicated to Jackrabbit Men's Basketball and since Colton is a recruit of our program, until such time as he or the program choose for him not to be; it is ok to discuss him (to this point I don’t view anyone to be really out of bounds, but it sort of feels like we may be heading in that direction).  If you would like to discuss Colton and his many options unencumbered by this section's purpose, please feel free to start a new thread in the "Around South Dakota" or "College Athletics" section of the board.

Just a friendly reminder.

Comment

Perhaps we should have a separate thread on "prospects" vs. "recruits." The difference being that a recruit will either have signed a letter of intent, or will have verbally committed.

Just a suggestion.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I took filbert's suggestion and started a thread "Top prospects including Colton Iverson" under the College Athletics sub-topic.

Comment

Chad White had surgery today to repair a torn ligament in his left knee. He sustained the injury last weekend water skiing on Lake Madison. He is expected to be out 4 months but hopefully will return to play in middle to late December. It is expected that he may miss 2 or 3 games this season for Madison HS.

Comment

I talked to Mike Ricke about that... he's expecting White to return by February.

BUT

He also says he's looking at the "Worst Case Scenario"

Hang tough, Chad!
                                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                                X