This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2008-09 Recruits

I believe former Jackrabbit, Brian Norberg, is the head coach for Watertown as well.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Yes, but don't forget former Jack Andy Kleinjan is the coach of their freshman team up there.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        ... SDSU great Mark Tetzlaff ...
        Man, that guy was amazing.
        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Dusty is a very good player, but as of now, is not a Division I player in my opinion.

I am not trashing the kid, just giving an objective report. He could continue to grow and improve.

Comment

I would agree collegewatcher. He is not as talented as his Dad, but then not many in SD have been.

Comment

Originally posted by collegewatcher View Post
              Dusty is a very good player, but as of now, is not a Division I player in my opinion.

I am not trashing the kid, just giving an objective report. He could continue to grow and improve.
              Basketball talent is diffeent than royrality IMHO. I would think its tough to follow in your father's footsteps. I hope Dusty makes it as a Jack, but only time will tell. If he doesn't, would it really matter?
              Last edited by Nidaros; 12-11-2007, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                I believe former Jackrabbit, Brian Norberg, is the head coach for Watertown as well.
                That's correct, Brian is a Watertown native returned home to coach his high school basketball team. They had a good game last weekend at v Aberdeen Central, coached by Brian's older brother, Brent.

Go Watertownankton (see previous posts)

Comment

From my calculations, we are done recruiting through 2010 unless something changes within the team personnel.

2007-2008 Season:
                  12 players on scholarship (We lose three to graduation)

2008-2009 Season:
                  11 players on scholarship (We add Radar and Davis)

2009-2010 Season:
                  13 players on scholarship (We add White and Fiegan)

Based on this, we would have two extra scholarships next season. However, due to the fact that we have received verbals from White and Fiegan and we don't graduate anybody after 08-09 we would need to hold onto those scholarships to give to the two Madison standouts. Unless we find somebody to play next year on scholarshp and then leave, it looks to me as if we are done for a few years. If all holds true, we should have five scholarships to give out in 2010 (Davis, Bassett, Callahan, Engen, and Williams)
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Seems to be a lot of talent around for that transition year in 2010!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      Any word on whether our two 2009 Recruits Fiegan and White have grown over the last year. Also do Jacks have any interest in Watertown's Dusty Tetzlaff who I believe is the son of SDSU all time leading scorer Mark.
                      Chad White is out until around Christmas time (waterskiing accident this summer!), but Tony Fiegen is looking good in early games. Here's a quote from a story about the Madison team that appeared in the Argus Leader today:

"If teams are going to beat Madison, they better do it early in the season while lone returning starter Chad White recovers from an ACL injury. He’s expected back after Christmas.
                      The 6-foot-6 junior averaged 12.5 points per game and was selected to the all-tournament team as the Bulldogs finished third in its first trip to state in 13 years, winning a school record 23 games.
                      Even though the Bulldogs lost four starters, including all*stater Brady Wiebe, they have plenty of talent coming back.
                      In addition to White, 6*-7 junior (and fellow SDSU recruit) Tony Fiegen will be a force in the middle. Coach Michael Ricke says Fiegen might be the most versatile player in the state.
                      “He has developed some great moves in the post and can still take you off the drib*ble or shoot the jump shot from long range,” Ricke said."

Looking good!! Go Jacks!

Comment

Could be wrong, but i haved heard that White will be playing in Lennox this Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
                          Could be wrong, but i haved heard that White will be playing in Lennox this Friday.
                          Chad White is supposedly out until late January at the earliest unless something changed. On Keloland's preview show they went up to Madison and they noted that Chad White was out for the start and they showed him and he was in a strait knee brace so I don't see him playing... If anything I would say to him don't come back to early... Knee surgeries in basketball are like tommy john surgeries in baseball if you come back to early you can kill your career if you wait you can return with little to no effects of the injury.

As far as growth Chad White is a legit 6-5/6-6 guy and Feigen was when I saw them last a little bit taller. I was actually hoping that White would be out for a while so Feigen could learn how to be more of the show and learn to take over games a little bit more. I watched him at the state tournament and he really impressed me at times he did what Loney sometimes does and would get the ball on the wing then post up his defender and it worked really good.

Comment

White could be back very soon, unless there is a major setback at this point. Not for sure what game, but I know it will not be late January.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks15 View Post
                              White could be back very soon, unless there is a major setback at this point. Not for sure what game, but I know it will not be late January.
                              Agreed. As I said in an earlier post, he's expected back on the floor right after Christmas.

Comment

Just heard Garrett's brother Griffan transferred to us. Anybody know if this is true?

Comment

Working...
                                X