X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2008-09 Recruits

Originally posted by Blitzed54 View Post
    Just heard Garrett's brother Griffan transferred to us. Anybody know if this is true?

WOW, now that's a first post!!

I have no idea. Looks like he's at UND right now??
    http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArt...ATCLID=1264183

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

He is a bigger version of his older brother (6'4). I hope he can shoot like him! That was quite a display in Minneapolis against the gophers.

Comment

Very interesting, and an encouraging possibility for the Jacks. ... Couldn't blame Griffan or any freshman for transferring away from a school that's about to begin the long and painful transition process.
        This space for lease.

Comment

I believe he is redshirting this year up there, haven't heard anything on him coming to Brookings though....

Comment

I was told several weeks ago that he was unhappy in Grand Forks.

Comment

Does anyone know if we were at all interested in him coming out of HS?

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
                Does anyone know if we were at all interested in him coming out of HS?
                Here is what I understood..... We had modest interest but I don't think we ever offered.... He had a few D-I looks may of even had a few offers but something happened (I believe off the court) and he ended up going to UND.... I am not trying to stir anything up if I am wrong tell me but that is the way I understood.

Comment

White did not play tonight, but did not appear to be limping too bad. Like someone else said, he will probably be active sooner rather than later.

Fiegen looked very good tonight. Played an inside and outside game and made a difference on the defensive side as well. He appears to be making the good progress. The Jacks got a nice recruit with this kid, as well as with White.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                    I was told several weeks ago that he was unhappy in Grand Forks.
                    That's called November and perma frost...would make me unhappy too.

Sounds like a good catch. UND played a scrimmage/exhibition...no score kept (but we beat them badly). Was Garrett's brother in that game for the Sioux?

Comment

I checked the offical website for North Dakota and Griffin Callahan is still listed on the UND roster:

Here is the link to the UND roster and if you click Griffin's name you will get his bio:

http://www.fightingsioux.com/SportSe...88&SPSID=58566

No numeral is listed for him which probably means he is red shirting. Must say this is a very proud Irish-American family. Maybe it was the school color green that drew Griffin to UND. Its close to the end of the semester so he could have made a move to Brookings. We will have to wait and see if this did happen.

Comment

Has anybody talked to Garret or somebody close to the situation to know if this is indeed true?

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                          Here is what I understood..... We had modest interest but I don't think we ever offered.... He had a few D-I looks may of even had a few offers but something happened (I believe off the court) and he ended up going to UND.... I am not trying to stir anything up if I am wrong tell me but that is the way I understood.
                          We offered, but he blew the big offers by putzing around too long.

Comment

It sure is refreshing to talk about someone actually transferring IN to SDSU and not OUT of SDSU for a change. Regardless of whether he actually transfers. It's just nice not to be talking the opposite for a change. Things are finally starting to look up for the b-ball program.
                            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Would we have a scholarship to offer if he was interested?
                              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                                Would we have a scholarship to offer if he was interested?
                                No...we are full the way it stands now.

Comment

Working...
                                X