This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2008-09 Recruits

Rock Valley's 6'9" now sophomore Marcus Heemstra is averaged 8.3 boards and 7.8 ppg last year, teammate to Iowa State's now sophomore verbal Jordan Dykstra. Jacks had an eye on him last year and laid some foot work with him.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
      Now that I am wrong in saying that Krogman was going to be are scholarship and it appears that Iverson and Schilling won't be using it either and the only other apparent D-I athlete (Vlastuin) has committed to Drake already has SDSU offered the scholarship they have to anybody? Does anybody know of anybody from the region (Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Wyoming) that would warrant a look at from a college like SDSU?
      Considering the last couple of recruits we signed are from Colorado, California, and JUCO from Maryland, I'm not overly worried about nobody being on the local radar. I'm sure the coaches have players they are recruiting, they just may not be from one of the nearby states.

Comment

Great point 02! I think we have to get past getting the local kid and have to get the best kid. Stig even alluded to this in his post game interview after UNI. He commented that we have more Iowa kids on our roster than UNI. That may say something about where we need to focus our recruiting efforts.

Krogman's signing may sell a paper or two but would it have been the best thing for SDSU making the NCAA tournament? That is what the true focus in recruiting needs to be from here on out.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

The scholarship seniors were have a big men (Beran, Berte, Loney) are big men. 1 of these needs to be saved for one of the Madison recruits. Quite frankly we need a big man. We have plenty of 2 guards (Moss, Sargent, Callahan, Kai and Cassidy can also play 2). Also with only 1 scholarship available, the coaches need to be careful who to offer it to. The first recruit who commits gets it and we have no scholarships available after that.
          Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
            Great point 02! I think we have to get past getting the local kid and have to get the best kid. Stig even alluded to this in his post game interview after UNI. He commented that we have more Iowa kids on our roster than UNI. That may say something about where we need to focus our recruiting efforts.

Krogman's signing may sell a paper or two but would it have been the best thing for SDSU making the NCAA tournament? That is what the true focus in recruiting needs to be from here on out.
            I understand that local recruits aren't the answer I was just wondering if there was anybody in the region to keep your eyes out for.....

Comment

Remaining scholarship is targeted for a Big and yes there is interest and offer to prospects in the area.

Marcus Hemestra is on the radar and someone SDSU has a keen interest in..... he was on campus for the UNI football game along with Chad White, Tony Fiegen, Cody Larson, Adol Aluong, Jared Bartling and Derek Brown......not that all of these athletes will commit to SDSU or even all be offered but a nice one day of recruiting and exposure to the campus for the Jacks.

Comment

So is it expected that State holds the scholarship over again?

I was looking at a list of kids that Minnesota and Nebraska had interest in and found Jeff Janssen from Fairmont Minnesota..... Said he is a Wing but hasn't generated any offers that I could see.... Maybe some Minnesota people could spread a little light on this kid....

Comment

Couldn't agree more. My post was mainly to see what the story was behind the Krogman kid. I knew he was offered at one time, but didn't know anything beyond that. Over half of my best friends from SDSU were kids who came from outside of SD. However, we all consider ourselves Jackrabbits. No one is going to downgrade a good season by an SDSU team, or any school's team for that matter, because they didn't have an abundance of home grown talent on their team. Conversely, no one is going to give SDSU a break on their win/loss record because we're relying on home grown talent. Get the best talent possible and let them put on the SDSU uniform and compete. At that moment, where they came from is really not that important.
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

No one is going to downgrade a good season by an SDSU team
                    Except for Craig and Bob.
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Except for Craig and Bob.
                      and Stu Whitney!!!!!!!!!
                      Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                        So is it expected that State holds the scholarship over again?

I was looking at a list of kids that Minnesota and Nebraska had interest in and found Jeff Janssen from Fairmont Minnesota..... Said he is a Wing but hasn't generated any offers that I could see.... Maybe some Minnesota people could spread a little light on this kid....
                        No I doubt they will hold on to the scholarship.....they need balance in the classes and need a big. Look for the scholarship to go to a big.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          I meant to say that he was offered, for whatever reason didn't accept in a timely fashion, and now he is going to USD.
                          That response wasn't intended for you........sorry if it was taken that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadsev View Post
                            That response wasn't intended for you........sorry if it was taken that way.
                            Just trying to clarify, my response was a bit ambiguous. USD should be a good fit for Krogman.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

They better dust the offers for the two Madison kids, and go after some intercity players. I live in Omaha and there are quite a few really good players that haven't decided yet. I keep cheering for my Jacks, but it is getting harder to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaShooter View Post
                                They better dust the offers for the two Madison kids, and go after some intercity players. I live in Omaha and there are quite a few really good players that haven't decided yet. I keep cheering for my Jacks, but it is getting harder to do so.
                                Let me be the first to give you permission not to cheer for SDSU anymore.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X