Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Recruits

http://www.wctrib.com/articles/index...ction=homepage

A nice article on 2010 recruit Taylor Filipek and his brother.

Comment

Good link, Hoyle, thanks. Further down in the article, Laura Nielsen gets some press, too. Laura withdrew from the SDSU Women's Basketball team, giving up a full scholarship, to concentrate on her Pharmacy studies.

Comment

I will be very curious to see how Jared Bartling from Roosevelt develops this year. We sure could use his 6'8 frame if he can score in the paint with his back to the basket and be an aggressive rebounder and shot blocker. As we have discussed Marcus Hemestra a 6'8 forward from Rock Valley has been offered and it will be interesting to see if Bartling is next. We still need a point guard out of this class.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          I will be very curious to see how Jared Bartling from Roosevelt develops this year. We sure could use his 6'8 frame if he can score in the paint with his back to the basket and be an aggressive rebounder and shot blocker. As we have discussed Marcus Hemestra a 6'8 forward from Rock Valley has been offered and it will be interesting to see if Bartling is next. We still need a point guard out of this class.
          Bartling hasn't progressed like a lot of people had hoped.... Hemestra is for real, would be a steal if we could get him.... As far as Bartling I think if we do offer it wouldn't be for a while...

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
            Bartling hasn't progressed like a lot of people had hoped.... Hemestra is for real, would be a steal if we could get him.... As far as Bartling I think if we do offer it wouldn't be for a while...
            I look forward to seeing Bartling play in the new year!

Comment

http://www.wctrib.com/articles/index...ction=homepage

Butler, NDSU, Bucknell, Montana State and SDSU have been to Willmar alreay.....heard that Colorado State, St. Cloud State and Iowa State have shown interest as well.

Comment

Apparently this Filipek kid is a 6'6" point guard? He can shoot the 3 and is a dunking machine.

Brainerd Dispatch article
                Cards cruise to conference win
                BOYS' BASKETBALL

Matt Ashburn couldn't rub any inspiration off on the Brainerd Warriors on Thursday.

The 2008 Brainerd High School gradate was a team manager last season for the boys' basketball team. This year he volunteered his services to the team until he starts dedicating them to his country Feb. 13 as a member of the 34th Infantry - Tactical Command Post.

Thursday, the Warriors honored Ashburn prior to their Central Lakes Conference matchup with the Willmar Cardinals.

After the ceremony, the Cardinals put on a basketball display. Taylor Filipek led all scorers with 21 points, including three rim-rattling dunks. Jordan Smith added 18 points, helping Class 3A's 10th-ranked Willmar to a 70-52 win.

Brainerd built a 9-5 lead, then saw the Cardinals click off a 17-2 run. Filipek scored eight of his 15 first-half points in that spurt and scored the rest in Willmar's 15-0 run to build a 40-18 advantage.

"In practice we had worked on switching some screens and doubling down in the post and then we just didn't execute it well for whatever reason," said Warriors coach Matt Urbanek. "I don't think we played very well mentally in the first half. Willmar did hit shots and they're a very good team, but we made it a little too easy on them by giving them too many good looks."

Willmar opened the second half with a 13-3 run to build a 55-25 edge. Filipek ended the run with two straight dunks, forcing a Brainerd timeout and a personnel changes.

Comment

I don't know if it has been mentioned on this thread but I think SDSU has an offer out to Marshall Bjorklund.

Comment

NDSU definitely has an offer out to Bjorkland, but are you sure about SDSU? He is a great player and will probably be considered for Mr. Basketball in MN next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Hoyle View Post
                      NDSU definitely has an offer out to Bjorkland, but are you sure about SDSU? He is a great player and will probably be considered for Mr. Basketball in MN next year.
                      Maybe there is a scholarship offer, one whose status is kind of like my application to be a census taker. The US Census is going to hire 1000 people across SD, but many more than 1000 will apply, I can only hope. I may and may not be hired.

I would think SDSU has talked to Bjorkland, and maybe even offered, but they know their offer is not the only one out there. Mr. Bjorkland is in the drivers seat just as the US CENSUS is in my hiring opportunities. They both make the choice.

Comment

According to this website, we have an offer out to Elliott Eliason out of Chadron, NE.

He is 6' 11" and is ranked by Rivals as the 12th best center in the 2010 class.

He appears to be getting strong interest from BCS schools as well though....

Offers from Creighton, Nebraska, Colorado State, and Washington State.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...2&pr_key=80415
                        Last edited by gojacksgo; 02-08-2009, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
                          According to this website, we have an offer out to Elliot Eliason out of Chadron, NE.

He is 6' 11" and is ranked by Rivals as the 12th best center in the 2010 class.

He appears to be getting strong interest from BCS schools as well though....

Offers from Creighton, Nebraska, Colorado State, and Washington State.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...2&pr_key=80415
                          We have noted this recruit before and no he is not coming to SDSU.

Comment

A search did not bring up his name on the board on first glance. I have found it now.

I realize he probably wasn't going to SDSU with the other offers, but I was sharing information - not all recruits we have noted on here end up at SDSU.

Comment

Elliott Eliason will be a HIGH MAJOR DI recruit.....standing nearly 7 foot tall and massive size....he's a diamond in the rough and won't be playing at SDSU. Bigs are hard to come by as it is...massive 7 footers are few and far between....the kid will play somewhere much bigger.

Comment

Elliot wrote an article for the Chadron Record (local newspaper).
                                Link: http://www.thechadronnews.com/articl...3394975477.txt

I know him in person and he is tall, but massive? He is very thin. I would say even thinner than Mark Engen. When he played against Red Cloud, he made more jumpers from 10 feet out than he did down low. To say he is leaps and bounds, out of our league, well I just don't buy it. Just some food for thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X