2010 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Recruits

I know the Bison fans are hoping for Calcaterra, but he already has offeres from UNI, Auburn and, likely the 6'10 kids destination, Minnesota (word has it they are his fave).

Filipek is on both our radar as well but if he keeps this up he'll be on to, shall we say, bigger pastures.

The Trevor Releford they mentioned; his brother Travis played for KC Pump-and-Run and just tore it up. He's at U of Kansas now and and just stunk most of last year...when he actually got on the court.

Comment

I know the Bison are strongly interested in another Minnesota big man, Marshall Bjorklund.

Comment

At the college level Bjorklund would be a midsized postman with very limited offensive skills.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
          At the college level Bjorklund would be a midsized postman with very limited offensive skills.
          Sure, I guess he just got DI offers by accident then.

To say NDSU's coaches are excited about this kid is putting it mildly, and honestly that is the first negative remark I have heard about the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
            I know the Bison are strongly interested in another Minnesota big man, Marshall Bjorklund.
            If i'm not mistaken Bjorklund is more of a SF/Point Forward.... type of player..... some look at him as a post but I believe he is only 6'6" 6'7" which can be undersized at the D-I level.....

Comment

Sorry FargoBison, it's just my opinion of his offensive skills. I didn't mean to imply he is not a good player, because he is good.

Comment

The only real knock on Bjorklund is his height, but he is a pure post player and will be a good player at the college level. He truly has the potential to be more than a good player if he can put enough positive pounds on his frame (aka muscle) to make up for his height disadvantage, as he already puts forth an effort that makes him appear to be 3 inches taller. Just remember that this kid is the same height as AC and I think that has worked out ok for us so far.

I'm incredibly high on the kid and I wish he would wind up at SDSU, but the way it sounds he'll probably end up at U of M or NDSU.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                  If i'm not mistaken Bjorklund is more of a SF/Point Forward.... type of player..... some look at him as a post but I believe he is only 6'6" 6'7" which can be undersized at the D-I level.....
                  6'6 and 6'7 post players are undersized if you play in the nba or a major conference, but mid-majors can easily get by with that size at the post especially at the PF position. Just look at the Jacks with 6'7 Cordova and 6'6 Williams. Skilled 6'7 posts usually end up being a better investment than 6'10 stiffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                    The only real knock on Bjorklund is his height, but he is a pure post player and will be a good player at the college level. He truly has the potential to be more than a good player if he can put enough positive pounds on his frame (aka muscle) to make up for his height disadvantage, as he already puts forth an effort that makes him appear to be 3 inches taller. Just remember that this kid is the same height as AC and I think that has worked out ok for us so far.

I'm incredibly high on the kid and I wish he would wind up at SDSU, but the way it sounds he'll probably end up at U of M or NDSU.
                    Does anybody know if we are in the picture at all for Bjorklund? Did we offer him? All I have heard is that he wants to go to U of M, and has a big interest in agriculture so Iowa St and NDSU are options. Wouldn't we be an option then as well?
                    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

He has offers from NDSU, SDSU, and Northern Illinois. He really wants to be a Gopher but the consensus on the Gopher board is that he is a couple inches too short. I do know he likes NDSU a lot, and I think NDSU was his first offer. It should be interesting to see what happens.

Comment

I said that 6'6" 6'7" can be undersized as in yes there are guys like Cordova who can out muscle them but at the same time there are plenty that are undersized.... I really don't know much about him as far as how he plays.

Comment

OK i'm gettin Filipek and Bjourkland confused. Bjourkland is a PF from Sibley east he is looked at as undersized by many programs but does work hard. some people believe he may grow an inch or 2 and if he does will gain major interest. From what I understand he does have an offer from us.

Filpek is a 6'6" PG/SF that as of right now we don't have an offer extended.

As of right now the only non post player that we have offered is Cole Stefan who has strong looks from Gonzaga as well as other big programs. offers from us, montana state, oral roberts, uw-millwaulke, Illinois State and UNI. We also have showed interest in 2 guards out of Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            Anyone hearing anything about Jordan Dykstra? I understand Iowa State may be trying to "back out". Do you suppose we would be able to make room for Marcus' teammate? The info about Iowa State trying to "back out" is from a good source. The possibility of him landing at SDSU is a bit of speculation. I hope that is deemed to be okay.
                            http://iowastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=949835

Comment

Also found this blog with an interesting comment toward the end.

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/d...nes-blog/#4118

Comment

""I have talked with my teammate Marcus Heemstra about playing together in college. We have been playing together since 4th grade, so we thought that would be great too.""

I would have to think Dykstra would be a good get for the program.

Comment

Working...
                                X