X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldHare
    replied
    Re: Future Rosters

There are 13 on the roster for 2017-18 which includes Chynna who was a walk on.
    http://gojacks.com/roster.aspx?path=wbball

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

The coach indicated that he prefers to operate with 14 scholarships, which is one below the maximum of 15. If the Jacks hadn't had an open scholarship, the team might not have had the flexibility to land transfer Tagyn Larson, for example. Maintaining flexibility with an open scholarship can come in handy in dealing with unexpected injuries, too. Macy Miller, for example, is expected to get an extra year.

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    If Graettinger stays at SDSU and does not play basketball, her scholarship would become available, correct ?
    This is correct - it would be available if she is no longer on the roster.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    If Graettinger stays at SDSU and does not play basketball, her scholarship would become available, correct ?
    It would seem likely that if she is not on the team, the scholarship would be open. She was also a team mate in Muscatine with WIU POY Emily Clemens. She would need to drop to D2 for 3 years of play or transfer to D1 for 2 years as she has had an injury redshirt year. It is too bad she had the injury bug here.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• THE PRIDE IS BACK!!!
    replied

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    A side note of interest from the Coach Johnston: Clarissa Ober, one of three seniors from this past year's team, is expected to go on and play basketball somewhere in Europe.
    She's mentioned doing this in a couple of interviews. I think she'll do great, and I'm sure we all wish her the best. Talent might not be quite up to WNBA (although, many of them play over in Europe, too), but the pay is definitely better.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

A side note of interest from the Coach Johnston: Clarissa Ober, one of three seniors from this past year's team, is expected to go on and play basketball somewhere in Europe.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

Coach Johnston said today (April 18) in a lunch presentation to the Sioux Falls Staters group that in addition to Jessica Mieras, Annabel Graettinger will not return to the Jacks next season. She is a 5-10 guard from Muscatine, Iowa. She didn't play much last season. The coach said he didn't know if Annabel was going to stay at SDSU and focus on classes or transfer to another school to play basketball. She apparently likes SDSU. Best wishes to her, whatever she chooses.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
    Not meaning as a jab, but DWU is not a D2 school. Heck, they are not even a NCAA school! The Tigers are a NAIA school, so lower than NCAA.
    Oh ya,forgot.....NAIA Div II? I'll look it up. Yes, Div II

Leave a comment:

• THE PRIDE IS BACK!!!
    replied

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    She'll be able to play right away then, going from Div 1 to Div II. i'll have to follow her carreer at DWU now....Go Jessica!
    Not meaning as a jab, but DWU is not a D2 school. Heck, they are not even a NCAA school! The Tigers are a NAIA school, so lower than NCAA.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Thks...she'll stay on my chart as 2018 recruit. Is she the one had offers from Wake Forrest and (I think?) Marquette? She'll be a stud if she's 6'3" like she's listed as. Kind of wishing she'll be like Gustafson of Iowa but better!
    Many of the items I am finding indicate she may be playing 3 or 4 as well. She has some ability to play perimeter and drive with the ball. The Hirschmann girl from Kingsley, Ia is projected as a post in that 2018 class. The 2018 class is appearing to have a great outlook. AJ seems to be constantly improving his recruiting talent with good recruits. It is necessary to keep at the front of the Summit as the competition is improving.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
    It says she was released from her scholarship. Any info on this?
    She'll be able to play right away then, going from Div 1 to Div II. i'll have to follow her carreer at DWU now....Go Jessica!

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

Thks...she'll stay on my chart as 2018 recruit. Is she the one had offers from Wake Forrest and DePaul ? She'll be a stud if she's 6'3" like she's listed as. Kind of wishing she'll be like Gustafson of Iowa but better!
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 04-13-2017, 07:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

I had 16 players for 2018-2019 so they had to free up a schlarship because of Macy's injury causing her to be here another year longer.I was wondering how they would manage that,if indeed my scholrship chart is correct or not. I have Jordan Ferrand listed as a (fr) for 2018-2019, the future roster thread no.23 in Jackrabbit WBB does not....which is correct? I'd like to correct my chart if I get confirmation it is not correct in this matter.Found this link
    https://prospectsnation.com/player/jordan-ferrand

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    AJ with an extra open scholarship - I like the possibilities. Maybe there's a transfer out there that has been looking for a ticket.
    I had 16 players for 2018-2019 so they had to free up a schlarship because of Macy's injury causing her to be here another year longer.I was wondering how they would manage that,if indeed my scholrship chart is correct or not. I have Jordan Ferrand listed as a (fr) for 2018-2019, the future roster thread no.23 in Jackrabbit WBB does not....which is correct? I'd like to correct my chart if I get confirmation it is not correct in this matter.Found this link
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 04-13-2017, 05:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X