• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post

From the Gopher board:

"She had a gopher offer. Confirmed from her teammates that I asked. However Utah was her dream school for off the court reasons.

Also SDSU and USD didn't offer her either. Should raise eyebrows if the two schools in her state dont offer.

As far as keeping the recruitment low key some kids just dont post about offers or anything, sounded like she visited Minnesota Vanderbilt Gonzaga and Utah."
    maybe she told them not to bother because she has/had plans to go outstate.

Leave a comment:

• Project-Badass
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Did the Jacks or OSD ever offer her ? Looking at her Twitter page, it appears that she didn't list offers.
    From the Gopher board:

"She had a gopher offer. Confirmed from her teammates that I asked. However Utah was her dream school for off the court reasons.

Also SDSU and USD didn't offer her either. Should raise eyebrows if the two schools in her state dont offer.

As far as keeping the recruitment low key some kids just dont post about offers or anything, sounded like she visited Minnesota Vanderbilt Gonzaga and Utah."

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Did the Jacks or USD ever offer her ? Looking at her Twitter page, it appears that she didn't list offers.
    Last edited by bigticket1; 07-31-2022, 07:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied
    I will follow her career and wish her the best, even though she didn't become a Jackrabbit.

Leave a comment:

• Justwin
    replied
    Always look ahead

Leave a comment:

• SteelSD
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
    Looks like Ross is following in Gylten's footsteps and heading to Utah.
    I hope we don’t look back in a couple of years and regret not making her an offer. Time will tell I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Jackrabbit2012
    replied
    Looks like Ross is following in Gylten's footsteps and heading to Utah.

Leave a comment:

• GrandpaLee
    replied
    Sydni Schetnan 6'5" is on the WVB roster for Louisville, not WBB. I still hope for twin towers concept to enhance the Jacks' post play after the 2022-23 season.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied
    http://www.fivestatehoops.com/page/s...-class-of-2024

I came across this website the other day ranking prospects from IA,NE,SD,ND,WI,and MN. I know it is just one person's opinion, but it is still fun to look at. Our class of 2024 has 5 of the top 30 players on the list. Our 2023 class has the number 15(Hopp) and 17(Behrens) players, with Reese Ross listed at 16. Future looks bright!
    Jenna Hopp, perfect name for a Jackrabbit. I wonder when Ross will finally commit somewhere, usually they do by their junior year.

Leave a comment:

• Jackrabbit2012
    replied
    http://www.fivestatehoops.com/page/s...-class-of-2024

I came across this website the other day ranking prospects from IA,NE,SD,ND,WI,and MN. I know it is just one person's opinion, but it is still fun to look at. Our class of 2024 has 5 of the top 30 players on the list. Our 2023 class has the number 15(Hopp) and 17(Behrens) players, with Reese Ross listed at 16. Future looks bright!

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied
    SD Attack 16 U made it out of pool play 5-0 and to the TOC summer finale championship game to play All Iowa Attack 10th EYBL , also 5-0 in their pool, fell just short in championship game 49-43. This group of recruits , Mahli Abdouch, Claire Sheppard , Emily Fox, and Katie Vasecka are going to be very good in '24 . Good to look forward to seeing them playing in yellow and blue. Add Jaidyn Dunn, plays AAU basketball for SD Network I believe,a big class the class of '24.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 07-25-2022, 08:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GrandpaLee
    replied
    SD Attack 16U 47 38 North Tartan 16s EYBL
    Win avenges losses against the Nike EYBL national 16U champions in earlier tournaments - In Summer Finale at Des Moines - two days remaining & at least three games.

https://tourneymachine.com/Public/Re...f5cfd325aa4b

Go (future) Jacks!!
    Last edited by GrandpaLee; 07-24-2022, 12:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jackrabbit2012
    replied
    Originally posted by GrandpaLee View Post

SD Attack 16U - went 3-2 at North Tartan Summer Meltdown Division 1 in age group​​​​​​
    Wed, Jul 20 FINAL SD Attack 16U 58 Wisconsin Impact 2024 Kelley 43
    Thu, Jul 21 8:30 AM FINAL SD Attack 16U 57 Minnesota Fury 2024 Premier 38
    Thu, Jul 21 10:50 AM FINAL SD Attack 16U 65 MN Suns 2024 Blue Star 66
    Fri, Jul 22 10:50 AM FINAL North Tartan 16 EYBL 57 SD Attack 16U 49
    Fri, Jul 22 2:20 PM FINAL SD Attack 16U 70 3rd Place Kingdom Hoops 16U Elite 50

SD Attack 17U - went 3-2 Division 2 in age group
    It does not appear that Broughton or Klosterbuer are playing for the 17U Attack team this summer. Broughton is out due to another ACL injury as mentioned earlier. Is Klosterbuer taking the summer off from AAU, or is she playing with another team?

Leave a comment:

• GrandpaLee
    replied
    Originally posted by 91jack View Post

These girls play on the SD Attack U16 team. They played at the "Nike Tournament of Champions" this weekend and went 5-1. That tournament was played in Chicago. You never know who gets in what bracket but that isn't too bad. I would assume that some of the other teams have several D! recruits, too. I could be wrong though.

They lost to Wisconsin Impact 2024 Kelly (45-38).
    They beat Texas Elite White 16/17 (81-58), Philadelphia Belles 16U Peterson (65-64), Carolina Flames TC- Williams (70-49), Pure Elite (63-28) and Chapman Basketball Academy U16 gold (70-55).

USD has 3 incoming recruits (not 4 like SDSU's U16 team) that played on SD Attack U17 team in this same tournament and they went 2-3.

Like I said, I do not know what bracket both teams played in but 5-1 looks better than 2-3 to me.
    I hope the team with SDSU's recruits is playing in a tougher bracket. You have to lose some games in these tourneys to learn from.
    SD Attack 16U - went 3-2 at North Tartan Summer Meltdown Division 1 in age group​​​​​​
    Wed, Jul 20 FINAL SD Attack 16U 58 Wisconsin Impact 2024 Kelley 43
    Thu, Jul 21 8:30 AM FINAL SD Attack 16U 57 Minnesota Fury 2024 Premier 38
    Thu, Jul 21 10:50 AM FINAL SD Attack 16U 65 MN Suns 2024 Blue Star 66
    Fri, Jul 22 10:50 AM FINAL North Tartan 16 EYBL 57 SD Attack 16U 49
    Fri, Jul 22 2:20 PM FINAL SD Attack 16U 70 3rd Place Kingdom Hoops 16U Elite 50

SD Attack 17U - went 3-2 Division 2 in age group

Leave a comment:

• 91jack
    replied

A few posters on USD's fan board are being critical of AJ for recruiting all SD girls because they think we could possibly be missing out on better out of state talent. I find this a little funny for a lot of reasons, mainly because they have recruited the same players. Fox and Sheppard both had Big 10 offers, and I don't see anything on her Twitter page but I was told Vasecka has multiple offers including North Carolina. I am not saying we are going to get five all conference players out of this class, but if we get one or two to go along with a couple solid role players I would consider it a sucess. They also think we are over recruiting the same position. Other than Fox and Abdouch both possibly being looked at as point guards, I think 6'1 athletic girls can play anywhere on the floor. I do not see this as an issue.
    These girls play on the SD Attack U16 team. They played at the "Nike Tournament of Champions" this weekend and went 5-1. That tournament was played in Chicago. You never know who gets in what bracket but that isn't too bad. I would assume that some of the other teams have several D! recruits, too. I could be wrong though.

They lost to Wisconsin Impact 2024 Kelly (45-38).
    They beat Texas Elite White 16/17 (81-58), Philadelphia Belles 16U Peterson (65-64), Carolina Flames TC- Williams (70-49), Pure Elite (63-28) and Chapman Basketball Academy U16 gold (70-55).

USD has 3 incoming recruits (not 4 like SDSU's U16 team) that played on SD Attack U17 team in this same tournament and they went 2-3.

Like I said, I do not know what bracket both teams played in but 5-1 looks better than 2-3 to me.
    I hope the team with SDSU's recruits is playing in a tougher bracket. You have to lose some games in these tourneys to learn from.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X