This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KindofaHare View Post
    Did anyone read the game story for the SDSU/USD game Feb 11? The end of the story mentioned the seniors will be honored this coming Saturday as they will be playing their final game at Frost that night. Regan Nesheim will be honored. She is listed as a red shirt junior. Does that mean there is another scholarshiop slot open starting next year? I’m just asking as I don’t know a lot about these things.
    The Jacks currently have 14 players on the roster, which is actually one under the limit of 15. Losing 4 puts them at 10, and 2 high school players signed last fall,puts them at 12 for next season. So they do have some room to play with in the portal if they want to go that route. Probably not much left to recruit for current high school seniors.

Comment

• Originally posted by KindofaHare View Post
      Did anyone read the game story for the SDSU/USD game Feb 11? The end of the story mentioned the seniors will be honored this coming Saturday as they will be playing their final game at Frost that night. Regan Nesheim will be honored. She is listed as a red shirt junior. Does that mean there is another scholarshiop slot open starting next year? I’m just asking as I don’t know a lot about these things.
      Regan was part of the same recruiting class as Tori and Kallie. obviously all the WBB do a great job academically, so i would not doubt all three can graduate this May (dont remember the majors? maybe one or some have a program that takes more than 4 years??) but obviously Regan has not had the on the floor roll that the other two have had. maybe she has her mind made up and knows what she will do, or maybe she is gonna do senior day just in case she does not come back next year??

related note, I am wondering if Kallie could actually have two more years if she wanted. she was a freshman the year after macy graduated. that was the year that Myah ended up getting a medical redshirt, and kallie actually got hurt at almost the exact same time as Myah did and might have even played less. i think if she uses the covid year and a redshirt year, Kallie could actually have two years remaining, again, IF she wants that

obviously, with Paiton and Myah gone next year, it would seem Kallie and Brooklyn become the top two posts. unless Mesa grabs more minutes, or Regan stays. the jacks really dont have other post options. i totally think they could let Tori guard posts and probably Maddie V too and they would be tough matchups on the other end for opposing posts to guard!!! none of the recruits for the next two years is an obvious post, so you would think if Kallie wants to stay there is plenty of need!!! and she was a very highly recruited player who seems to be developing into a better player all the time

i imagine there will be some outcry for Schetnan to play two sports. i can at least imagine a way for that to work out, but i have doubts! it would seem Juco posts and transfers would find SDSU a very appealing option, but the jacks have only utilized that route very very sparingly and so far with mixed results at best

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

Regan was part of the same recruiting class as Tori and Kallie. obviously all the WBB do a great job academically, so i would not doubt all three can graduate this May (dont remember the majors? maybe one or some have a program that takes more than 4 years??) but obviously Regan has not had the on the floor roll that the other two have had. maybe she has her mind made up and knows what she will do, or maybe she is gonna do senior day just in case she does not come back next year??

related note, I am wondering if Kallie could actually have two more years if she wanted. she was a freshman the year after macy graduated. that was the year that Myah ended up getting a medical redshirt, and kallie actually got hurt at almost the exact same time as Myah did and might have even played less. i think if she uses the covid year and a redshirt year, Kallie could actually have two years remaining, again, IF she wants that

obviously, with Paiton and Myah gone next year, it would seem Kallie and Brooklyn become the top two posts. unless Mesa grabs more minutes, or Regan stays. the jacks really dont have other post options. i totally think they could let Tori guard posts and probably Maddie V too and they would be tough matchups on the other end for opposing posts to guard!!! none of the recruits for the next two years is an obvious post, so you would think if Kallie wants to stay there is plenty of need!!! and she was a very highly recruited player who seems to be developing into a better player all the time

i imagine there will be some outcry for Schetnan to play two sports. i can at least imagine a way for that to work out, but i have doubts! it would seem Juco posts and transfers would find SDSU a very appealing option, but the jacks have only utilized that route very very sparingly and so far with mixed results at best
        They have Natalie Nielsen who they redshirted as a post as well. She has length and athleticism but is very raw.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
          They have Natalie Nielsen who they redshirted as a post as well. She has length and athleticism but is very raw.
          They must be comfortable with Meyer and Nielsen because they recruited pretty much all guards and wings in the next few classes. Or can Sheppard play inside ?

Comment

• Keeping an eye on non- tourney teams with talls who may want to have a shot for the Dance. Players with Midwest flavor- possibly players AJ would’ve recruited out of HS before they went P5

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

They must be comfortable with Meyer and Nielsen because they recruited pretty much all guards and wings in the next few classes. Or can Sheppard play inside ?
              Based off what I’ve seen Sheppard is a perimeter player. Similar to Madison V.

Comment

I did not mention NN, because (i will be happy to be wrong) my gut feeling is that she was recruited as a bit of a project with good size and athleticism. that being the case i am very close to positive that they are expecting nothing from her next year for sure and probably not for a couple years. at that point, the discussion of whether or not Kallie can or will play two more years would be moot

Comment

Based off what I’ve seen Sheppard is a perimeter player. Similar to Madison V.
                  interesting!!

i dont feel like i have an abundance of wisdom about the recruits, so i would trust your perspective more than my own!! but i was thinking she was more of a combo forward in the mold or a Tori N. Tori obviously does have the ability to play both inside and out (although the outside shooting has almost completely disappeared this year. bummer but i really expect her to bounce back BIG next year as possibly the only player to play her final year next year-depending on decisions by Kallie and Regan, and possible transfers)

the jacks have tried to post Maddie a little this year (very little) but offensively she is (as you said!!) almost strictly a perimeter player. i really do believe that if the jacks needed it that they could use maddie to guard some less than elite post players. they have no need for it this year, except on switches, because they almost always have two other posts on the floor

Comment

• Matchup between future Jackrabbits tonight where Tea took on Brandon Valley. Vasecka and Behrens combined for 62 points as BV edged Tea 73-65. Future is bright!

Comment

• If the roster is 12 for ‘23-‘24, then that works if Tori and Kallie are not here for ‘24-‘25 as we need availability for the 5 coming in then. Maybe there is a little different future plan that AJ has…he seems to have it all worked out basically every year!!

Comment

We also have Byom who still has two years left in the program. She has looked very good in her limited time this year and will likely be a key member of the rotation starting next year. Also the 2024 class has Jaidyn Dunn who spends most of her time posting up for SF Jefferson. I don't think she long term projects as a post player, but her style of play that got her recruited is very much as a stretch 5. I guess it will boil down to is she 6' or is she 6'2"?

Comment

We also have Byom who still has two years left in the program. She has looked very good in her limited time this year and will likely be a key member of the rotation starting next year. Also the 2024 class has Jaidyn Dunn who spends most of her time posting up for SF Jefferson. I don't think she long term projects as a post player, but her style of play that got her recruited is very much as a stretch 5. I guess it will boil down to is she 6' or is she 6'2"?
                          This clip from her sophomore year shows her quickness blocking some shots and her ball handling/footwork in the paint. There are also some clips from this season.
                          https://www.hudl.com/profile/14931337/Jaidyn-Dunn
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• Katie Vasecka has 30 and 11 in leading Tea Area to an upset over #2 ranked Vermillion in 2OT to advance to the So Dak 16.

Here is a link to the game if you are interested:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6VRN_Hnvk4

If nothing else I recommend moving ahead to the 2:56:12 to 3:02:13 marks to see the final play of the game and then listen to the Vermillion radio announcer go completely unhinged.

Comment

Katie Vasecka has 30 and 11 in leading Tea Area to an upset over #2 ranked Vermillion in 2OT to advance to the So Dak 16.

Here is a link to the game if you are interested:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6VRN_Hnvk4

If nothing else I recommend moving ahead to the 2:56:12 to 3:02:13 marks to see the final play of the game and then listen to the Vermillion radio announcer go completely unhinged.
                              She is a very good player, but she looks really fragile. Someone mentioned in an earlier thread about possible injury concerns for her. Anyone have any further info on that ?

Comment

She is a very good player, but she looks really fragile. Someone mentioned in an earlier thread about possible injury concerns for her. Anyone have any further info on that ?
                                Sounds like an accurate description of Myah Selland as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X