X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricgraeber
    replied
    Just a thought from a newbie, I think one thing about AJ is that he recruits athletic gals. Irwin, Myah, Payton, Meyer were all three sport athletes. Also, I rewatched Jacks games from this year, especially Paige and Timmer. Their last 2years in high school I’m sure they were double, if not triple teamed every game. Now, with the Jacks, they aren’t so it allows them to play the way they capable of. I think we are on a good path. Ok, I’ll shut up now.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post

That is ridiculous. They would gladly welcome all of these recruits in a heartbeat.
    yea i bet that AJ is seriously thinking about changing his recruiting philosophy now that it is understood that the usd fans have a problem with it))) he is gonna worry himself all the way to multiple back to back to back regular season and SLT championships))))!!!!!

and i am pretty sure i care about it less than ZERO

but i appreciate 2012 you illustrating for us AGAIN how unaware they are. obviously i am biased but i really think the usd fans are some of the very very worst. i could give reasons to back that but i will not at this time.

Leave a comment:

• GoJacks2011
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

A few posters on USD's fan board are being critical of AJ for recruiting all SD girls because they think we could possibly be missing out on better out of state talent. I find this a little funny for a lot of reasons, mainly because they have recruited the same players. Fox and Sheppard both had Big 10 offers, and I don't see anything on her Twitter page but I was told Vasecka has multiple offers including North Carolina. I am not saying we are going to get five all conference players out of this class, but if we get one or two to go along with a couple solid role players I would consider it a sucess. They also think we are over recruiting the same position. Other than Fox and Abdouch both possibly being looked at as point guards, I think 6'1 athletic girls can play anywhere on the floor. I do not see this as an issue.
    That is ridiculous. They would gladly welcome all of these recruits in a heartbeat.

Leave a comment:

• Jackrabbit2012
    replied
    Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post

Don't forget this years recruits, none are from SD, two from Iowa, two from Minnesota. We recruit the best, regardless of what state they hail from, If they commit to becoming a Jackrabbit ,they are family,which transcends state boundaries.
    A few posters on USD's fan board are being critical of AJ for recruiting all SD girls because they think we could possibly be missing out on better out of state talent. I find this a little funny for a lot of reasons, mainly because they have recruited the same players. Fox and Sheppard both had Big 10 offers, and I don't see anything on her Twitter page but I was told Vasecka has multiple offers including North Carolina. I am not saying we are going to get five all conference players out of this class, but if we get one or two to go along with a couple solid role players I would consider it a sucess. They also think we are over recruiting the same position. Other than Fox and Abdouch both possibly being looked at as point guards, I think 6'1 athletic girls can play anywhere on the floor. I do not see this as an issue.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied
    Originally posted by 73alum View Post
    Yes… This is outstanding to have all of our 2024 recruits from South Dakota…and esp. 5!!!! And they appear to be outstanding recruits. The same goes for men’s basketball immediate future and their South Dakota recruits

I was keeping my own notes of recruits from 2007–2008 season to now and I don’t believe there has been a time where all the recruits were from South Dakota.

In 2009 there were four recruits from South Dakota…Eide, Heiser, Lingle and Paulch. The other recruit was Dietel from Minnesota. In 2007 we had three recruits from South Dakota… Jill Young, Rotert and Suhuttloffel. The other recruit was Micelson from Minnesota

As has been said in the past… I hope this helps the Jacks and keeping recruits amidst all of the NIL propaganda!!!!
    Don't forget this years recruits, none are from SD, two from Iowa, two from Minnesota. We recruit the best, regardless of what state they hail from, If they commit to becoming a Jackrabbit ,they are family,which transcends state boundaries.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Jacks first to offer class of '26 Trishelle Miller from Sioux City. http://www.twitter.com/TrishelleMill...26541958438912

Leave a comment:

• 73alum
    replied
    Yes… This is outstanding to have all of our 2024 recruits from South Dakota…and esp. 5!!!! And they appear to be outstanding recruits. The same goes for men’s basketball immediate future and their South Dakota recruits

I was keeping my own notes of recruits from 2007–2008 season to now and I don’t believe there has been a time where all the recruits were from South Dakota.

In 2009 there were four recruits from South Dakota…Eide, Heiser, Lingle and Paulch. The other recruit was Dietel from Minnesota. In 2007 we had three recruits from South Dakota… Jill Young, Rotert and Suhuttloffel. The other recruit was Micelson from Minnesota

As has been said in the past… I hope this helps the Jacks and keeping recruits amidst all of the NIL propaganda!!!!

Leave a comment:

• SteelSD
    replied
    Updated player list for those that want to see it.
    Player 22-23 23-24 24-25 25-26
    Myah Selland R-Sr
    Paiton Burckhard R-Sr
    Dru Gylten G-Sr
    Tori Nelson R-Jr R-Sr
    Kallie Theisen R-Jr R-Sr
    Regan Nesheim R-Jr R-Sr
    Madysen Vlastuin R-So R-Jr R-Sr
    Mesa Byom R-So R-Jr R-Sr
    Paige Meyer So Jr Sr
    Haleigh Timmer So Jr Sr
    Brooklyn Meyer Fr So Jr Sr
    Madison Mathiowetz Fr So Jr Sr
    Ellie Colbeck Fr So Jr Sr
    Natalie Nielsen Fr So Jr Sr
    Hilary Behrens Fr So Jr
    Jenna Hopp Fr So Jr
    Katie Vasecka Fr So
    Emily Fox Fr So
    Mahli Abdouch Fr So
    Jaidyn Dunn Fr So
    Claire Sheppard Fr So
    Totals 14 13 15 11

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

Grandpa Lee has a table on page 44. The only updates that need to be made are the additions of Sheppard and Dunn. Currently the class of 2024 is full with 15, but that is assuming everyone uses their extra Covid year which I'm assuming will not be the case.
    Like Lindsey Thueninck this upcoming season, thanks to Lindsey for wearing the blue and yellow and contributing to those great seasons we had with her playing. Hope she finds success in all her future endeavors. She's got to feel good passing the program along to these caliber players coming in, now as a proud alum.

Leave a comment:

• SteelSD
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I think that is a big part of the new USD coaching staff getting active in offering younger SD kids. The Jacks already have a dominant hold on the top end of the 23 and 24 classes.
    Interesting to see us land 4 players from the same AAU team. The '23 USD class included Broughton, Klosterbuer, and Kieffer who all play together on the 17U SD Attack team. So both schools are getting players who have familiarity with each other.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
    AWESOME news!!! Congratulations to Claire and her family

it appears that this has been a dream for Claire for a long time. it is very cool to see dreams come true

if things keep going down the current path, NIL and the no penalty transfer rule, etc.... it is going to be more important than ever, to inspire, and train, and build relationships with the kids in our home state

we gotta keep getting the kids like Macy, Myah, Haliegh T, and Kalen Garry, and Joe Sayler, and Claire, and Tucker Kraft and hope that they can lead the jacks to the highest heights. because those are the kids that most likely would have to be blown unbelievably out of the water by NIL offer in order to leave

and hopefully the kids from CLOSE to SD like Te Slaa and Brooklyn M have something close to in state feelings about the jacks
    I think that is a big part of the new USD coaching staff getting active in offering younger SD kids. The Jacks already have a dominant hold on the top end of the 23 and 24 classes.

Leave a comment:

• Jackrabbit2012
    replied
    Originally posted by OldHare View Post

Would someone have an updated lineup with the recent additions? This coaching staff has been aggressive finding recruits.
    Grandpa Lee has a table on page 44. The only updates that need to be made are the additions of Sheppard and Dunn. Currently the class of 2024 is full with 15, but that is assuming everyone uses their extra Covid year which I'm assuming will not be the case.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Wow. I know she lives close to Brookings but she’s had a lot of big teams watching her. Wasn’t sure she’d stay close to home but another great day for the Jacks! South Dakota has so many great recruits these next few years and many of them will be wearing blue and yellow.
    Would someone have an updated lineup with the recent additions? This coaching staff has been aggressive finding recruits.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

Wow. I know she lives close to Brookings but she’s had a lot of big teams watching her. Wasn’t sure she’d stay close to home but another great day for the Jacks! South Dakota has so many great recruits these next few years and many of them will be wearing blue and yellow.
    Tip of the hat to SteelSD " I kind of feel like it's Claire Sheppard time " he nailed it. The 2024 class is going to be one of the greatest ever. Can't wait til next season, which I feel will be great, but with assurance that it will continue to be great in the seasons after too.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    AWESOME news!!! Congratulations to Claire and her family

it appears that this has been a dream for Claire for a long time. it is very cool to see dreams come true

if things keep going down the current path, NIL and the no penalty transfer rule, etc.... it is going to be more important than ever, to inspire, and train, and build relationships with the kids in our home state

we gotta keep getting the kids like Macy, Myah, Haliegh T, and Kalen Garry, and Joe Sayler, and Claire, and Tucker Kraft and hope that they can lead the jacks to the highest heights. because those are the kids that most likely would have to be blown unbelievably out of the water by NIL offer in order to leave

and hopefully the kids from CLOSE to SD like Te Slaa and Brooklyn M have something close to in state feelings about the jacks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X