X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Size could also be an issue. AJ seems to have prioritized more length at the guard position in recent and future classes. Paige is the obvious exception, but she may be an outlier in having the skill set to be able to compete at this level at 5'6. Not sure a 5'8 guard would be a wise use of a roster spot unless her skills are off the chart.
    i think there is a strong possibility that you hit the nail on the head here. that said, it does not seem that any of us here have anything very closely resembling a fact regarding the past or current interest from the jacks related to Bella

the jacks, however, have shown a long standing preference for guards who are 6' tall or as close as possible. it has been quite rare for a long time that they have two guards on the floor and one of them is not at least 5'11

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by salemjack View Post

I just don’t think she’s that good to be honest. The basketball skills are there but not the athleticism. Maybe I’m wrong.
    Size could also be an issue. AJ seems to have prioritized more length at the guard position in recent and future classes. Paige is the obvious exception, but she may be an outlier in having the skill set to be able to compete at this level at 5'6. Not sure a 5'8 guard would be a wise use of a roster spot unless her skills are off the chart.

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

I'm fairly sure we didn't. I just wasn't sure if she told us not to bother and has since changed her mind (wants to be closer to home?), or if there was another reason AJ didn't offer. The fact that USD didn't offer either makes me wonder if Bella was straight up with the South Dakota teams and told them she wanted to play for a bigger school. We have one open spot for this season and next season, but I think the '24 class has 5 commits and is full.
    I just don’t think she’s that good to be honest. The basketball skills are there but not the athleticism. Maybe I’m wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Jackrabbit2012
    replied
    Originally posted by JRFanatic View Post

I’m not sure we offered her to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm fairly sure we didn't. I just wasn't sure if she told us not to bother and has since changed her mind (wants to be closer to home?), or if there was another reason AJ didn't offer. The fact that USD didn't offer either makes me wonder if Bella was straight up with the South Dakota teams and told them she wanted to play for a bigger school. We have one open spot for this season and next season, but I think the '24 class has 5 commits and is full.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    http://twitter.com/bella_swedlund/st...82222077161474

Bella Swedlund enters the portal. Not sure if we would have any room/interest in her. I'm sure the team down south will be after her pretty hard.
    Redbirds were reportedly her 2nd choice after Jayhawks. Who knows if that'd still be the case.

Leave a comment:

• JRFanatic
    replied

Bella Swedlund enters the portal. Not sure if we would have any room/interest in her. I'm sure the team down south will be after her pretty hard.
    I’m not sure we offered her to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Jackrabbit2012
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied
    Michael McCleary had an article in the Argus Leader today about women's players to watch in 2022-2023 season. Four future Jackrabbits are on that list Hillary Behrens, Emilee Fox, Katie Vasecka and Mahli Abdouch. Only one Fox was listed in the article as an SDSU commit. Avery Broughton was listed as USD commit and Reese Ross as a Utah commit. Not a big deal, but lazy journalism in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• GrandpaLee
    replied
    A verbal offier can be made (and accepted) at any age/grade level. The formal acceptance is when the athlete does the commitment on the dotted line on Signing Day. It's all promises until then. Usually the November prior to high school graduation in WBB.

Kinda like courtship....
    Last edited by GrandpaLee; 10-13-2022, 09:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Class of '27. Is this the earliest AJ has offered a player ?
    far from an expert on recruiting.....can a coach offer at anytime in cbb? was it vb that had recruiting changes?

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
    What's the story on Melina Snoozy, I see she received and offer from SDSU yesterday.
    Class of '27. Is this the earliest AJ has offered a player ?

Leave a comment:

• 98Jackfarmer
    replied
    What's the story on Melina Snoozy, I see she received and offer from SDSU yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• GrandpaLee
    replied
    GoJacks video on Dru Gylten

https://twitter.com/druu_marykayy

Leave a comment:

• Jackrabbit2012
    replied
    Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post

Or maybe the Jacks didn't have a scholarship left to offer.
    There are 14 players on the roster for the 2023-2024 season, but 15 on the roster for the 2024-2025 season. So technically we would have room for Ross next season, but it would require either a player to transfer after the 2023-2024 season or have someone not exercise their extra covid year similar to what Theuninck did this year.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied
    Originally posted by rimmer View Post

maybe she told them not to bother because she has/had plans to go outstate.
    Or maybe the Jacks didn't have a scholarship left to offer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X