This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Saw a rating service has her as the 20th ranked recruit in the 2026 class..
    The national rating services rarely watch in-person, instead they rely upon word-of-mouth & the regional writers that do watch multiple games both summer ball and HS games.

Prepgirlshoops.com does an excellent job of repeated evaluations.

Recall that Macy, Myah, Duffy, etc., were NOT nationally ranked high - but proved to be top 30 players upon college graduation.

If tracked, the annual Top 100 in each HS class has half that never pan out at the D1 level (ESPN, R U listening?).

----------->

Thread Veer Ahead: Check out three-part essay on "The Future Of College Sports" on https://sportscurmudgeon.com/
    Last edited by GrandpaLee; 06-10-2024, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• Not trying to suggest anything, but any idea why Paige Meyer hasn't been in any of the team photos lately?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
        Not trying to suggest anything, but any idea why Paige Meyer hasn't been in any of the team photos lately?
        She was in some a few weeks ago. Hopefully she was just out of town or something for the recent ones and nothing beyond that!

Comment

• Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post

She was in some a few weeks ago. Hopefully she was just out of town or something for the recent ones and nothing beyond that!
          She was in the day camp photos from two weeks ago. We are all likely a little paranoid after the summer the Jacks went through a year ago.

Comment

• Paige was highlighted in a “X” post today at practice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
              Not trying to suggest anything, but any idea why Paige Meyer hasn't been in any of the team photos lately?
              X picture today on WBB account included Paige Meyer.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• x.com/GoJacksWBB

dtd 7/3/24

has five "freshies" in a group talking about their summer training camp experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandpaLee View Post
                  x.com/GoJacksWBB

dtd 7/3/24

has five "freshies" in a group talking about their summer training camp experience.
                  I saw that as well. Are there any "wild arse assumptions" we can draw up from Katie being in a blue practice jersey and the others being in black t shirts? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

I saw that as well. Are there any "wild arse assumptions" we can draw up from Katie being in a blue practice jersey and the others being in black t shirts? LOL
                    The way it's looked in past pictures, everyone wears the black shirts as a base and they pull colored practice jerseys over them to scrimmage. So probably not much. But if I would have to predict which freshman sees the most minutes right away, it would be her. Especially since she is similar size-wise to Vlastuin, who may not be at full strength for awhile.

Comment

The way it's looked in past pictures, everyone wears the black shirts as a base and they pull colored practice jerseys over them to scrimmage. So probably not much. But if I would have to predict which freshman sees the most minutes right away, it would be her. Especially since she is similar size-wise to Vlastuin, who may not be at full strength for awhile.
                      I think it all depends on what they need. Mahli is probably already the second best PG on the team. Of course, Katie is a stud. Emilee might be the teams best shooter. Claire can do a little bit of everything.
                      If I had to pick one player that might not play this year, it would be Jaidyn.. She is not overly tall. She doesn't light it up from outside. She is a freak athlete. AT least from what I can tell. You have B. Meyer, Byom and Theisen that might all play the same positons as her. Two of those three graduate after this season to open up a spot for her..
                      I do think they will sit more than one though.
                      Of course, this is all my guess.

Comment

• AJ with the " Great Day to be a Jackrabbit " tweet !

Comment

AJ with the " Great Day to be a Jackrabbit " tweet !
                          Do we have any ideas? I believe we still have a couple open spots for a 2025 recruit.

Comment

• Koupal

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                              Koupal
                              Can't tell if serious......

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                                Koupal
                                If it's anyone AJ offers, I'll be happy, if Koupal I'd be ecstatic. AJ is pretty meticulous to whom he extends offers to, he's earned that right over his many years as being pretty good at it I'd say .

Comment

Working...
                                X