X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrandpaLee
    replied
    2023-24 marks the last season with extra COVID eligibility, which has curtailed PT for younger classes/teammates in the P5 and most teams.

The extra COVID year with NIL money keeps about 400 older, experienced women on college rosters, and active in the transfer portal.

In 2022-23, SDSU frosh played 32.1-min/game. This investment will pay off as the COVID bulge runs its course. In both upcoming seasons, Paige and Haleigh lead experienced, elite teams.

Last edited by GrandpaLee; 05-10-2023, 07:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ringthebells
    replied
    Originally posted by salemjack View Post

I don’t think so. Cubby’s and BeWell have deals with a lot of our athletes. Great to see.
    I loved seeing Mya on the commercials. I can't help but think if we could get our crap together as a fan base we should be able to set up a collective for the women's team. We can't compete with the top 100ish , but maybe we can provide enough to help our Rabbits and also draw a few from lower levels or even in conference. I would love to do it for all sports, but men's basketball and football are less likely to be impacted by our limited donor base, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied
    Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
    Is there any way to find out who has the highest NIL in the Summit?
    I don’t think so. Cubby’s and BeWell have deals with a lot of our athletes. Great to see.

Leave a comment:

• ringthebells
    replied
    Is there any way to find out who has the highest NIL in the Summit?

Leave a comment:

• GrandpaLee
    replied
    This link is to a (paywall?) guide for WBB NIL amounts.

https://www.on3.com/nil/rankings/pla...ns-basketball/

Current evaluations:
    1. Angel Reese $1.4M
    3. Caitlin Clark $810K
    4. Paige Buekers $752K
    5. H. VanLith $518K
    21. Jaz Shelley Nebraska $53K
    48. Sara Scalia $28K
    64. Maya Nnaji $24K (ex Hopkins HS)
    83. Ndakalenga Mwenentanda $21K (ex Washington HS)
    86. Alexis Markowski Nebraska $20K
    100. Taryn Johnson U of Houston $19.1K

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by salemjack View Post
    Hoosiers relevant in WBB?
    I KNOW RIGHT!!
    it seems a bit hard to believe because they have definitely NOT always been

but they were a #1 seed in the ncaa tourney this year. not gonna pretend i know for sure what they have coming back. pretty sure i do recall they were kind of similar to VT led by an inside / outside combo of 2 players. again NO guarantees but i think at least one of those 2 if not both are back. OBVIOUSLY i could go look at their roster but i dont feel like looking up indiana hoops sorry

but to your question yes at least last year they were relevant

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied
    Hoosiers relevant in WBB?

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Jacks offer Ashlyn Koupal, Class of "26 from Wagner. Looks to be her first offer. http://www.twitter.com/AshlynKoupal/...92009708220416
    Koupal has been offered by Indiana.

Leave a comment:

• sbruce65
    replied
    Alyssa Sand commits to St Thomas for 2024. I thought Paige Meyer might've had an edge to get her in Brookings being they came from same HS and played together. Really wanted her in Blue and Yellow.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I don't think that schools can publicly state who they are recruiting and have offers out to. That information, if it comes out, comes from the recruits themselves or their representatives.
    Yes, I remember reading that now that you've said this, thanks for jogging my memory. I do hope we can take advantage of the Portal if we can find the right player, not a given we can for sure, rather that we would be that fortunate. Still, there's a lot of time left to find that player if it's going to happen, hoping it will.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post

I wonder if a reason we are so secretive in who we are in contact with for recruits is to not signal to other schools we are interested and getting them to think, " well, if the Jackrabbits are interested, maybe we should be too", I'm sure there are many reasons, but that one seems very logical in particular if the recruit is relatively very good and overlooked. I don't think we will get major "stars" so to speak, but if I can recall , we seem to get maybe a top competitor in a mid-major who can give us good minutes and is very game experienced and offers something to strengthen the team,that would be a big plus if we got that fortunate, things like 3 pt shooting, a defensive stalwart , rebounder, etc. I doubt we'd get a player who'd knock out a starter for next season, nor would we want to disrupt the chemistry that much anyway . Larsen, the exception, she was that good, but rather someone like Haley Greer, who we acquired from Colgate most recently.
    I don't think that schools can publicly state who they are recruiting and have offers out to. That information, if it comes out, comes from the recruits themselves or their representatives.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied
    Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
    Keep combing twitter... a few new ones in daily.. but many finding homes. I wouldn't underestimate chances of a D2 coming up.... Last year I believe a DSU player ended up at Milwaukee... Moves aren't always P5 down. The Iowa State center last year went NAIA to Clones to Top 5 pick WNBA in an year... Hopeful that a piece or 2 which can help us ... without disrupting chemistry....
    I wonder if a reason we are so secretive in who we are in contact with for recruits is to not signal to other schools we are interested and getting them to think, " well, if the Jackrabbits are interested, maybe we should be too", I'm sure there are many reasons, but that one seems very logical in particular if the recruit is relatively very good and overlooked. I don't think we will get major "stars" so to speak, but if I can recall , we seem to get maybe a top competitor in a mid-major who can give us good minutes and is very game experienced and offers something to strengthen the team,that would be a big plus, if we got that fortunate, things like 3 pt shooting, a defensive stalwart , rebounder, etc. I doubt we'd get a player who'd knock out a starter for next season, nor would we want to disrupt the chemistry that much anyway . Larsen, the exception, she was that good, but rather someone like Haley Greer, who we acquired from Colgate most recently, and who contributed and helped the team in certain games I think. If we get someone like that, I'd be happy. If we can't get a good one yr Grad, then I think we just let one/two open roster spots sit idle and we get nothing out of them that would help propel the team forward.

Leave a comment:

• Hip2daHop
    replied
    Keep combing twitter... a few new ones in daily.. but many finding homes. I wouldn't underestimate chances of a D2 coming up.... Last year I believe a DSU player ended up at Milwaukee... Moves aren't always P5 down. The Iowa State center last year went NAIA to Clones to Top 5 pick WNBA in an year... Hopeful that a piece or 2 which can help us ... without disrupting chemistry....

Leave a comment:

• SteelSD
    replied
    Originally posted by 73alum View Post
    Does anyone know if any of these girls have been offered?
    Is AJ interested in any of them or are we just thinking they might be good additions??
    There really is no place to view who is offered in the portal. This isn't something that the athletes really even put out on Twitter. I know that White had over 30 schools that were "interested" but no idea how many schools actually offered her. Most of this is speculation.

Leave a comment:

• 73alum
    replied
    Does anyone know if any of these girls have been offered?
    Is AJ interested in any of them or are we just thinking they might be good additions??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X