Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Recruits

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
    I'm with JackGuyII in thinking that we must be out of the running with Dykstra. That being said, it could help speed up things with Dykstra if he is at all interested knowing that another offer has been extended to someone. As for Brown, I know his stock has shot up throughout this AAU season. He is an intriguing player with his height.
    Last time I spoke to someone actually associated with the men's basketball program at SDSU we were still very much "in the running" for Dykstra. I must admit I'm curious to know what source has said we are "out of the running". I'm not saying Jordan is locked into the Jackrabbits I've just not heard otherwise.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Cadsev is a strong source. If he says we are still "strong in the Dykstra hunt . . . ", then I believe we are still in a good position.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
        Cadsev is a strong source. If he says we are still "strong in the Dykstra hunt . . . ", then I believe we are still in a good position.
        Does he have a ring on his finger? Not yet. I'm sure we are very much in the running.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          Last time I spoke to someone actually associated with the men's basketball program at SDSU we were still very much "in the running" for Dykstra. I must admit I'm curious to know what source has said we are "out of the running". I'm not saying Jordan is locked into the Jackrabbits I've just not heard otherwise.
          If you look back in my post I said "I'm thinking"....I never said I spoke to someone or that I new anything. Just giving what I "thought" it all could mean. Speculating, like a lot of us do.

Comment

I don't know anything about the situation but reading about this Brown kid he doesn't sound like he is going to commit early.... he has an offer from Air Force and other big teams are looking hard.... could it be just a move that is meant to push/guide Dykstra to SDSU? just speculation, no inside sources or anything

Comment

With Dykstra's decommittment from ISU, he's opened up doors for other programs around the nation. How can you expect a kid to commit to SDSU when he has other (bigger) schools that have expressed interest? SDSU is still very much in the running for him and he would be a GREAT addition to the program. Time will tell.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                With Dykstra's decommittment from ISU, he's opened up doors for other programs around the nation. How can you expect a kid to commit to SDSU when he has other (bigger) schools that have expressed interest? SDSU is still very much in the running for him and he would be a GREAT addition to the program. Time will tell.

I agree. And can he even commit yet? I thought the Davis scholarship situation had to be resolved first.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Iowa Preps reporting that Dykstra's offers are from Bradley, Indiana State, Loyola, and South Dakota State."

Dykstra quoted as saying he wants to make a decision soon and a few factors that will help him come to a final decision.
                  "It would be a good Christian coach. I want the school to be a winner and I would like to play a lot. There are a lot of different factors."

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Hoyle View Post
                    Iowa Preps reporting that Dykstra's offers are from Bradley, Indiana State, Loyola, and South Dakota State."

Dykstra quoted as saying he wants to make a decision soon and a few factors that will help him come to a final decision.
                    "It would be a good Christian coach. I want the school to be a winner and I would like to play a lot. There are a lot of different factors."
                    Well SDSU & Coach Nagy have 2 of those 3 covered and we're working on the third.

Comment

I believe we have advantage of the location. But Bradley for example is a good mid-major conference (Valley) and has a more successful program. But we are an up and coming program, we could give him the playing time, and his HS teammate Marcus Heemstra has given us a verbal commitment, so that's like an extra recruiter.

I wonder if he means by making a decision soon means before his football season starts to get the weight off his shoulders and being able to focus on school and his activities. Or just making a decision by the early signing period in November.

Comment

He can play a big role in restoring the winning part to the program.

Comment

If indeed Alec Brown accepts a scholarship from SDSU, Anthony Davis scholarship is available because of his injury and we are still in the mix for Dykstra than where is that extra scholarship coming from? Is someone leaving the program we are not aware of?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                            If indeed Alec Brown accepts a scholarship from SDSU, Anthony Davis scholarship is available because of his injury and we are still in the mix for Dykstra than where is that extra scholarship coming from? Is someone leaving the program we are not aware of?
                            Maybe the scholie isn't from 2010, and the player could redshirt his freshman year (meaning the scholie would be from 2011). Just a thought.
                            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                              Maybe the scholie isn't from 2010, and the player could redshirt his freshman year (meaning the scholie would be from 2011). Just a thought.
                              Not sure if I understand what your saying but redshirting has nothing to due with the head count. The only thing that takes it off the books is medical
                              Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                              Muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by rational thought View Post
                                Not sure if I understand what your saying but redshirting has nothing to due with the head count. The only thing that takes it off the books is medical
                                A player from 2010 could redshirt his first year (2010) and take a scholie for 2011. In other words, pay for his reshirt year knowing there will be a scholie in 2011 for the next 4 years.
                                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
                                X