• Re: 2010 Recruits

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...Id=personaDest

Comment

and more

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...25/1002/sports

Comment

Word has it that Gruis, Filipek, Hanks, Kornbaum and a couple of others stayed after camp last night to play against current Jackrabbits.

Comment

Nagy wouldn't say a lot about the 2010 class, only that things are certainly looking up as compared to the previous transition years, you know, the years before conference affiliation and post-season play when he was such a bad recruiter.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Great, I have to read this just before I (try to) lay down for a nap? Now I'll be too excited.

Good recruits bring other good recruits. If Jordan does end up inking at SDSU there will be alot of positive attention and other recruits will take notice! Ya, I'm guilty of facebooking Jordan telling him we'd love to have him. We're turning the corner....and man is it exciting!!!

Also glad to hear Deb is heading to SDSU to join Aarons staff. As mentioned before, I am related to her, if only by marriage. She also has a cousin (my nephew) attending State as we speak. Way to step up ROCK VALLEY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
              Ya, I'm guilty of facebooking Jordan telling him we'd love to have him. We're turning the corner....and man is it exciting!!!
              If you actually did this, I would caution you as this has become a slippery slope as far as recruiting violations. Some others on the board may know more of the rules on this.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                Ya, I'm guilty of facebooking Jordan telling him we'd love to have him. We're turning the corner....and man is it exciting!!!
                Might want to hold back from leaving messages on his facebook page. Believe it could be considered a recruiting violation.
                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  If you actually did this, I would caution you as this has become a slippery slope as far as recruiting violations. Some others on the board may know more of the rules on this.
                  Looks like we were thinking the same thing at the same time.
                  Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

If it is a violation...which I find hard to believe...only because of how will anyone police it....someone can create a false acct. and put all sorts of things on it....but I agree alum or supporters should let only the staff recruit.
                    Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                    Muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by rational thought View Post
                      If it is a violation...which I find hard to believe...only because of how will anyone police it....someone can create a false acct. and put all sorts of things on it....but I agree alum or supporters should let only the staff recruit.
                      Here is a couple of examples (these were fan pages, set up by college students hoping to lure recruits to their university):

http://www.fanblogs.com/ncaa/008083.php

http://www.fumbled.org/2007/07/31/fa...ent-violation/

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        Here is a couple of examples (these were fan pages, set up by college students hoping to lure recruits to their university):

http://www.fanblogs.com/ncaa/008083.php

http://www.fumbled.org/2007/07/31/fa...ent-violation/
                        It is impossible to monitor...and if they try...they'll need to get in line for some bailout money....
                        Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                        Muhammad Ali

Comment

From the NCAA rules page ( http://www.ncaa.org/wps/ncaa?key=/nc...ecruiting.html ):

13.01.4 Recruiting by Representatives of Athletics Interests.
                          Representatives of an institution's athletics interests (as defined in Bylaw 13.02.13) are prohibited from making in-person, on- or off-campus recruiting contacts, or written or telephonic communications with a prospective student-athlete or the prospective student-athlete's relatives or legal guardians. Specific examples of exceptions to the application of this regulation are set forth in Bylaw 13.1.2.2 (see Bylaw 13.1.3.5.1.1).

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                            From the NCAA rules page ( http://www.ncaa.org/wps/ncaa?key=/nc...ecruiting.html ):

13.01.4 Recruiting by Representatives of Athletics Interests.
                            Representatives of an institution's athletics interests (as defined in Bylaw 13.02.13) are prohibited from making in-person, on- or off-campus recruiting contacts, or written or telephonic communications with a prospective student-athlete or the prospective student-athlete's relatives or legal guardians. Specific examples of exceptions to the application of this regulation are set forth in Bylaw 13.1.2.2 (see Bylaw 13.1.3.5.1.1).
                            Reading the rule does not apply to "joe" student...read the definition of representative.....not going to split hairs...personally think if a kid pics a school for a facebook acct or post...unless there is monetary incentives involved it's a waste of the ncaa's time and resource's
                            Muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by rational thought View Post
                              Reading the rule does not apply to "joe" student...read the definition of representative.....
                              One other point, many people here are more than just "joe student" so it is in the interest of those who moderate the site, SDSU, and the athletes we recruit to make sure nothing posted here can be misconstrued to fit the definition of a violation.

That said, I don't think there is any harm in a current student expressing hope that a certain recruit will find SDSU to his or her liking. I however, do not enforce the rules.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Hopefully the Jackrabbits get Dykstra as plan B, C, D, etc. left Brookings upset and/or feeling duped. Gruis leaves getting his offer yanked to make room for Dykstra and others wonder why they weren't informed no 2010 scholarships were available before they paid for camp? Call it a lesson learned in the recruiting game for these kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X