2010 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Recruits

MN Preps reporting that SDSU has offered Alec Brown from Winona, MN.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Hoyle View Post
      MN Preps reporting that SDSU has offered Alec Brown from Winona, MN.
      Is Brown a 2010 recruit? And if so, why are we offering 2010 recruits when we were a few months ago pulling scholarship offers to make room for a potential signing by Dykstra?

Does anybody have any news on Dykstra's interest in SDSU still and if we have made any progress in actually finding out if we have a scholarship to offer from the Anthony Davis situation?

A new offer, lack of news about Dykstra, and his recruitment blowing up in the summer AAU circuit, might all add up to bad news for the home team. I sure hope not, I hope we see him at SDSU next fall making noise with his teammate Heemstra and the rest of the rabbits.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
        Is Brown a 2010 recruit? And if so, why are we offering 2010 recruits when we were a few months ago pulling scholarship offers to make room for a potential signing by Dykstra?

Does anybody have any news on Dykstra's interest in SDSU still and if we have made any progress in actually finding out if we have a scholarship to offer from the Anthony Davis situation?

A new offer, lack of news about Dykstra, and his recruitment blowing up in the summer AAU circuit, might all add up to bad news for the home team. I sure hope not, I hope we see him at SDSU next fall making noise with his teammate Heemstra and the rest of the rabbits.
        Alec Brown is a 2010 recruit and the fact we offered him more than likely is a sign we are out of the Jordan Dykstra sweepstakes. Brown is a 6'11 center and has 9 other offers including one from conference mate ORU.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          Alec Brown is a 2010 recruit and the fact we offered him more than likely is a sign we are out of the Jordan Dykstra sweepstakes.
          Just me thinking, but it could also mean a scholarship or a position opened up too.

Comment

I'm with JackGuyII in thinking that we must be out of the running with Dykstra. That being said, it could help speed up things with Dykstra if he is at all interested knowing that another offer has been extended to someone. As for Brown, I know his stock has shot up throughout this AAU season. He is an intriguing player with his height.

Comment

Some tidbits on Mr. Brown.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...=95017&sport=2

Comment

Here is a recent article from Brown's hometown newspaper, the Winona Daily News, about his summer of AAU basketball and the recruiting process.

http://www.winonadailynews.com/artic...rts/00lead.txt

Comment

I saw the Pump n' Run crew play a few times this summer, but Brown barely got any minutes. Jake Krueser left the team and I guess that gave him more playing time. Brown would be a project, and likely a redshirt, but you can't coach 7'.

IMO....Trevor Gruis, Taylor Filipek or Chad Calcaterra would have been better choices, but I think all 3 of those ships have sailed...Gruis has for sure as he committed to USD.

So does anyone really have a clue? Has Dykstra backed away, is this an attempt to force a decision from him or did another scholarship become available some how?

Comment

On live chat TV said Alec Brown has a "legit" scholarship offer. However, we are still very much in the running for Dykstra.

Scholarships ?
                    1. Marcus Heemstra (via graduation Kai Williams)
                    2. Alec Brown (via graduation Garrett Callahan)
                    3. Jordan Dykstra- PENDING (via Anthony Davis injury)

Comment

Originally posted by JackMan View Post
                      On live chat TV said Alec Brown has a "legit" scholarship offer. However, we are still very much in the running for Dykstra.

Scholarships ?
                      1. Marcus Heemstra (via graduation Kai Williams)
                      2. Alec Brown (via graduation Garrett Callahan)
                      3. Jordan Dykstra- PENDING (via Anthony Davis injury)
                      You forgot to add Carlson, he is red-shirting this year without a scholarship and will be given one next year. So he will take one of the scholarships for 2010.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                        You forgot to add Carlson, he is red-shirting this year without a scholarship and will be given one next year. So he will take one of the scholarships for 2010.
                        He's going to get Davis' scholarship, at least that is the way I understood it. I suppose that could change.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Also there is Mark Engen's scholarship coming off the books.

Comment

SDSU is still strong in the Dykstra hunt......patience.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                              we were a few months ago pulling scholarship offers to make room for a potential signing by Dykstra?
                              Apparently Nate Wolters got that scholarship.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadsev View Post
                                SDSU is still strong in the Dykstra hunt......patience.

Good news, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X