Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Recruits

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Many Bison fans like Kermit have to rationalize every recruiting decision whether they win or lose especially if SDSU or UND is involved.
    I'm not sure how my comment was interpreted as an attempt to rationalize anything. Look, The Bison and Jacks both wanted Nate Wolters--he chose the Jacks. The Bison used that scholarship to land Taylor Braun--a player they are very excited about. I'm not sure they would trade him for Wolters today. Does that mean that they didn't want Wolters? Not at all.

Both teams wanted Bjorklund (thus the scholarship offers). Bjorklund made it known that he preferred NDSU some time ago, and the Jacks apparently moved on. Eventually they landed Heemstra, and they may yet get Dykstra (who wasn't even in the picture when they were recruiting Bjorklund because he was committed to Iowa State). Good for them.

Both programs are doing very well on the recruiting trail and I expect we will have some epic battles down the road!

Comment

Here's a little tidbit about Jordan Dykstra on ESPN.com. It's updated and says we are on his interest list, so you would have to think we have a good chance. But you gotta think, he's interested in more than ISU and SDSU. I know he would like to stay close to home. But has anybody heard of other schools he might interested in?
      http://tinyurl.com/nhkjqt

Comment

Gruis seems to be having a very good AAU season with the Schoolers. I hope the eventual verbal from Dykstra is a foregone conclusion as would hate to not get either one of them. Perhaps the official announcement of Anthony Davis not playing has to happen first and thus the open scholarship for Dykstra.

Comment

Gruis will be a Coyote soon. Bjorkland was dialed into NDSU a long time ago. Hanks gets offer from Southwest MN State. Filipek visits USD and Iowa State. Noreen verbals to Boston College. Krueser gets offer from NDSU (a Bison project). Calcaterra is the big unkown right now.

"I can "hear" Jimmy"

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Hoyle View Post
            Gruis will be a Coyote soon. Bjorkland was dialed into NDSU a long time ago. Hanks gets offer from Southwest MN State. Filipek visits USD and Iowa State. Noreen verbals to Boston College. Krueser gets offer from NDSU (a Bison project). Calcaterra is the big unkown right now.

"I can "hear" Jimmy"

Will my personal world be a mess because of these decisions? I hope not. Good luck to all of these people and their choices. Who is Jimmy and why should we be hearing from him?

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
              Like Kermit said it happens, sometimes things just click between a recruit and a certain school.
              Exactly. Duke, Kansas, UNC don't get every kid they want everytime. No biggee. I'm very happy w/ the kids we've landed. I'm sure NDSU and ORU and Oakland for that matter are happy w/ the kids they have.

The future of the Summit is bright. Oh, we're not talking like we're going to take over the Mo Valley conference anytime soon or anything like that, but the future of the Summit (Mid-Con) is the brightest it's been in a long time. The Dakota in me likes to think that NDSU and SDSU are breathing some new life into the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Hoyle View Post
                Gruis will be a Coyote soon.
                That would be a waste. I had a USD fan ask me just two days ago why the heck Krogman picked USD. And it's nothing against USD really, but you want to go play Independent ball for a few years? Ask SDSU players, coaches and fans, it flat out SUCKS! There are alot of fine schools that would be happy to have Trevor.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  Who is Jimmy and why should we be hearing from him?
                  The argument regarding Jimmy Hendrix between Sidney Deane & Billy Hoyle in White Men Can't Jump...ha

Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs.
                  Gloria Clemente

Comment

Here is a ranking of the 2010 class in Iowa.

1. Harrison Barnes 6-6 Ames
                    2. Zach McCabe 6-6 Sioux City Heelan
                    3. Marcus Heemstra 6-9 Rock Valley
                    4. Jordan Dykstra 6-8 Rock Valley
                    5. Chanse Creekmur 6-5 Marshalltown

You can check out the entire list here.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                      Here is a ranking of the 2010 class in Iowa.

1. Harrison Barnes 6-6 Ames
                      2. Zach McCabe 6-6 Sioux City Heelan
                      3. Marcus Heemstra 6-9 Rock Valley
                      4. Jordan Dykstra 6-8 Rock Valley
                      5. Chanse Creekmur 6-5 Marshalltown

You can check out the entire list here.
                      Harrison Barnes is not only the #1 recruit in Iowa, but also the # 1 recruit in the country. Has his choice of any program in the land. I think Tubby is going to get him to Minnesota.

Comment

Did Wolters get Gruis' scholarship? Has that ever been cleared up? Was Nagy willing to hold a slot open in 09/10 for Gruis in 10/11?

If that's what happened, I can understand Nagy's thinking. For a change the Jacks are set for height, and PGs touch the ball on nearly every possession...

Comment

Dykstra is following Nagy on twitter & Nagy is following Dykstra.

FWIW.

Comment

SDSU along with NDSU, Boston College, Georgia Tech, Minnesota, Michigan State and a few dozen others at the Pump n' Run Best Buy tourney in Mpls.

MN Preps reporting that 6'11" Jake Krueser is being looked at by South Dakota State. "They have followed Jake closely this month and if they like what they see in the coming weeks Kreuser could get an offer from them." Krueser already has offers from NDSU, Santa Clara and Wisc.GB. SDSU also following 6'11" Alec Brown throughout the tournament. Fairfield and Chicago Loyola have offers out to Brown.

I thought only one 2010 scholarship was available and being held for Dykstra? Maybe these guys are plan B?

MN Preps also reporting that Taylor Filipek received his 5th offer from South Dakota last night. Eastern Kentucky and Northeastern also in the mix for Filipek. No word on where Gruis is with his USD offer, but the general thought is that he is strongly considering it.

Agree with JackGuyII that Minnesota will land Harrison Barnes....what a get that would be for the Gophers!

Comment

Trevor Gruis has verbally accepted a scholarship offer to play at USD. He gave his commitment earlier this morning to USD Coaching Staff.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                                Harrison Barnes is not only the #1 recruit in Iowa, but also the # 1 recruit in the country. Has his choice of any program in the land. I think Tubby is going to get him to Minnesota.
                                Rumor has it that Tubby has offered Zach McCabe and will likely offer Chanse Creekmur as well. And getting Harrison Barnes would be a nice get for Tubby and his turn around Gophers.

Comment

Working...
                                X