Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA 6thFan Contest

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    WIU's Basketball radio announcer is trying to rally USD fans to vote for the Leathernecks on Twitter
    The two Yotes fans who voted in the first round and led them to 245th place or whatever will definitely turn the tide.

Comment

Are we the only ones not using a script? ASU start using one last round. BYU stated on their boards that they are, so the Bison have retaliated and are messaging around their script on Bisonville. UCF blatantly put one out there for all to see on theirs, but are considering putting that behind closed doors. No clue about WIU and UTPA. Bryant is getting dominated so I doubt they are.

And by no means this is a call for us to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
        Are we the only ones not using a script? ASU start using one last round. BYU stated on their boards that they are, so the Bison have retaliated and are messaging around their script on Bisonville. UCF blatantly put one out there for all to see on theirs, but are considering putting that behind closed doors. No clue about WIU and UTPA. Bryant is getting dominated so I doubt they are.

I wonder if WIU is using one. We seem to not be able to pull away from them. We passed them pretty easily in the 1st round. Are our voting numbers down? Credit to Western and to whoever else they recruited to vote against us if they aren't use a script. I have been voting off an on all day today.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
          I wonder if WIU is using one. We seem to not be able to pull away from them. We passed them pretty easily in the 1st round. Are our voting numbers down? Credit to Western and to whoever else they recruited to vote against us if they aren't use a script. I have been voting off an on all day today.
          Well one guy spent 24 hours voting....

http://www.wiu.edu/news/newsrelease....lease_id=11420

Comment

maybe i am the only one who doesnt know what a script is? is that like a computer program thing or something?
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              maybe i am the only one who doesnt know what a script is? is that like a computer program thing or something?
              Yes, but I still don't see how they can get around the CAPTCHA. The only thing I can think of is that their script makes voting more efficient for them. For example, you could write a script that simply requires you to type in the CAPTCHA codes and hit enter.

Comment

Take a deep breath, we can outvote these guys...did it before, just need everybody to pull the same oar they did that first week. I've only been able to vote the last half hour, after returning from out of town. But I'm settled in now for the long pull. GO JACKS!

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                  Well one guy spent 24 hours voting....

http://www.wiu.edu/news/newsrelease....lease_id=11420
                  Dude needs a life.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                    Yes, but I still don't see how they can get around the CAPTCHA. The only thing I can think of is that their script makes voting more efficient for them. For example, you could write a script that simply requires you to type in the CAPTCHA codes and hit enter.
                    That is exactly what they are doing. It would streamline the process so all you have to do is enter the CAPTCHA code. No pointing and clicking on all the buttons. It just keeps repeating the same loop over and over and over. It may up it a vote or two every minute, but over the long haul that can be quite an advantage, especially if you have multiple users doing it. You can probably do it for longer as well.

Comment

Starting to grind them out!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Comment

That is exactly what they are doing. It would streamline the process so all you have to do is enter the CAPTCHA code. No pointing and clicking on all the buttons. It just keeps repeating the same loop over and over and over. It may up it a vote or two every minute, but over the long haul that can be quite an advantage, especially if you have multiple users doing it. You can probably do it for longer as well.
                        I believe using a script is against the rules of the contest.

Comment

Oh it is.

Comment

I have found using my iPhone is pretty fast.

Comment

For those who might be interested:

Join Clark Kellogg, the official spokesperson of the NCAA 6th Fan competition, as he talks college hoops, passionate basketball fans and the NCAA 6th Fan Elite Eight.

Comment

Hooray...after more than an hour of voting, finally shook that 51-49 to 52-48. With a lot of help tonight, we could widen that gap...let's go gang!

Comment

Working...
                                X