Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA 6thFan Contest

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    Anybody know what time our votes start counting for the next rd?
    I was wondering the same thing. The timer says the first round ends at 11 PM tonight. Do votes start counting for the next round at 11? Or is like the other days where there is a dead period starting at 6 PM and the votes from 6-11 count towards the next round?

From the rules portion of the website: Round Entry Period Two (2)
    (Sweet Sixteen) February 17, 2014 12:00:00 a.m. ET through February 23, 2014 11:59:59 p.m. ET
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

It is a good question, and I don't have an answer for it. But I do think that in this case, when a new round is starting, the voting would start at the beginning of the round as stated in the rules portion, i.e., 11 p.m. tonight our time. And FWIW, thanks to everybody for the performance we put on in getting SDSU up near the top after a VERY LATE start. It has been awesome. But the next round is one week long, and I hope we can make the same, sustained push we had the past week or so! Unfortunately, my vote total will probably be down as I am on the road for four days...but will vote by phone or computer at every chance I have (and there is always next weekend, when only the NDSU games interfere). But I"m sure we are up to the task...GO JACKS FANS!

Comment

There seems to be a lot of students who vote through Twitter which only lets them vote once a day. Is there some way to get the word out to them that they can vote unlimited by going to the site and using the CAPCTHA code ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
          It is a good question, and I don't have an answer for it. But I do think that in this case, when a new round is starting, the voting would start at the beginning of the round as stated in the rules portion, i.e., 11 p.m. tonight our time. And FWIW, thanks to everybody for the performance we put on in getting SDSU up near the top after a VERY LATE start. It has been awesome. But the next round is one week long, and I hope we can make the same, sustained push we had the past week or so! Unfortunately, my vote total will probably be down as I am on the road for four days...but will vote by phone or computer at every chance I have (and there is always next weekend, when only the NDSU games interfere). But I"m sure we are up to the task...GO JACKS FANS!
          I hope there is no dead period. 5 hours of wondering what everyone's vote totals are going to end up as would be nerve wracking!

Comment

According to 6thfan,all rounds start at 11:00 pm CT, but it's listed as ET
            Described as "Round Entry Periods"

Everyone starts at 0 at that time I assume.

Meter should read 0% Don't know if it will be red or green,but should be reset to 0%
            Round Entry Period Dates
            Round Entry Period One (1)
            (First Round)
            January 7, 2014 12:00:00 a.m. ET through February 16, 2014 11:59:59 p.m. ET
            Round Entry Period Two (2)
            (Sweet Sixteen)
            February 17, 2014 12:00:00 a.m. ET through February 23, 2014 11:59:59 p.m. ET
            Round Entry Period Three (3)
            (Elite 8)
            February 24, 2014 12:00:00 a.m. ET through March 2, 2014 11:59:59 p.m. ET
            Round Entry Period Four (4)
            (Final Four)
            March 3, 2014 12:00:00 a.m. ET through March 9, 2014 11:59:59 p.m. ET
            Round Entry Period Five (5)
            (Championship)
            March 9, 2014 12:00:00 a.m. ET through March 16, 2014 4:00:00 p.m. ET

Link : http://6thfan.ncaa.com/
            Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-16-2014, 10:54 AM.

Comment

I'm excited to re-start voting at 11 o'clock tonight. Let's get out to an early lead and bury our opponent right away. Let them play catch-up all week.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                I'm excited to re-start voting at 11 o'clock tonight. Let's get out to an early lead and bury our opponent right away. Let them play catch-up all week.
                It's the nature of the rabbit to be chased after all,and never be caught.....

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  There seems to be a lot of students who vote through Twitter which only lets them vote once a day. Is there some way to get the word out to them that they can vote unlimited by going to the site and using the CAPCTHA code ?
                  Working on it. In the meantime, fun to watch the meter spinning down this afternoon. Got my hands full here, listening to baseball, voting on 6thfan, and watching wrestling (starting at 3 p.m. What a way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    Haven't you heard that we don't need to use the captcha code since we cracked it according to multiple fan forum sites?

I what to say the the athletics department sent out an email stating the 3 different ways to vote but I don't know if it when into detail about the unlimited voting by using the captcha code.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                      Haven't you heard that we don't need to use the captcha code since we cracked it according to multiple fan forum sites?

I what to say the the athletics department sent out an email stating the 3 different ways to vote but I don't know if it when into detail about the unlimited voting by using the captcha code.
                      It did (email). But SDS, I thought you knew that the software app that we supplied that automatically reads and fills in the code, is available on the underground network and was not to be mentioned on the board. We definitely didn't want the Bison to go looking for it. Really glad we coughed up the extra bucks to get exclusive 60-day guarantee. Ready to go for the second round starting tonight!!!!!!!!

Comment

Back in the green !

Comment

Quite a race for 16th place as Portland just moved past GW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Just found some info on the Sweet 16 from an article about UCF. It is a bracket style tournament with teams going head to head.

"Every Division I school logistically had a shot, and then they opened it up,” he said. “The first round was a month and is [almost over]. When this round closes, if you’re [your university] in the Sweet Sixteen, your school gets $10,000. Then it will be a bracket style, head-to-head style competition. They’ll have one-week periods each time after that.”
                            Since we'd be a 3 seed, we would go head to head with #14 UNI and wouldn't face NDSU until the championship. I like our chances.

http://www.centralfloridafuture.com/...1#.UwFFtF69ZBk

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                              Interesting (numbers on top row). Our numbers dropped today, and we finished at 6th, while Arkansas State was #1, UNC-Greensboro was #2 (they moved into #15 and George Washington into #16...while Portland and Radford were ousted), the Bison mighty were #3, and BYU was #4. So it seems like everybody is slacking off, and looks liked the two behind us are way down too, so suspect everybody (except near the #16 spot) are accepting where they are at. I think we still need to keep voting, just don't have to overdue it. I have more time this weekend now, when I can get back into it. Would ask all posters to monitor things on Sunday and make sure we keep our spot. Thanks to everybody for the work yesterday and today (I did get a couple of hours in last night while I was in Omaha).
                              I think you're looking at this in the wrong way. NDSU hasn't ended lower than #2 in about 2 weeks. The last dot on the voting graph shows the current standings for that day. That will change throughout the day. Most days, the voting for the current day appears to stop at 6:00pm central time and switches over to the next day at 11:00pm central time. So at the time that you posted this (11:22pm on February 14th), that would have been the current rankings of those teams for the following day (February 15th).

Comment

Originally posted by bisonboone11 View Post
                                I think you're looking at this in the wrong way. NDSU hasn't ended lower than #2 in about 2 weeks. The last dot on the voting graph shows the current standings for that day. That will change throughout the day. Most days, the voting for the current day appears to stop at 6:00pm central time and switches over to the next day at 11:00pm central time. So at the time that you posted this (11:22pm on February 14th), that would have been the current rankings of those teams for the following day (February 15th).
                                I don't think so...but who cares now?? I've never seen the voting graph change during the whole day, but at a few minutes after 11:00 p.m. CT, I've seen the graphs update for everybody and show the new date below. End of day voting won't matter in the head-to-head, unless of course you're outvoted by our competitor

Comment

Working...
                                X