NCAA 6thFan Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA 6thFan Contest

Maybe you guys haven't noticed, but the NCAA is running a fan participation contest. And this one isn't just for bragging rights. The top-16 schools get $10,000 for their scholarship funds, and the eventual winner gets another $100,000. We are currently 9 days away from the first cut(and the $10k award) and SDSU is way down the list at 135th and last place in the Summit. There's still time to crack the top-16 if you put together a strong effort.

Three ways to vote:

1. Use your Facebook account and vote through the 6thfan.ncaa.com site (limit one vote/day)
    2. Tweet or retweet a message with both #6thfan and #SDAKST (limit one vote/day)
    3. Go to 6thfan.ncaa.com and vote anonymously by entering in a CAPTCHA code each time(unlimited votes) You do not need to enter an email address.

After the first cut to 16, we believe the rankings will be used to "seed" schools for head-to-head matchups (1 v. 16, 2 v. 15, etc.). Probably a week's worth of voting for each round, but it could be more. Winners advance until the final showdown for $100,000.

For all the talk about fans helping the teams by cheering and the like, this is a real way to help your school and all it takes is a little of your time.

Re: NCAA 6thFan Contest

Thanks for the info...hadn't heard of this before.

Vote in.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      Thanks for the info...hadn't heard of this before.

Vote in.
      Each of you will need to vote about 100 times per day to make a solid push. Thankfully, it only takes about 3 minutes to vote 20 times. That's only about 15 minutes worth of work a day.

Comment

Had not seen anything on this anywhere...could have been hard at work! Might be too late for us to move up the ladder, but will do my part starting right now.

PS: Thanks Hammersmith for posting the info for us!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
          Had not seen anything on this anywhere...could have been hard at work! Might be too late for us to move up the ladder, but will do my part starting right now.

PS: Thanks Hammersmith for posting the info for us!
          Don't thank me too much. I did deliberately wait long enough for you to have chance to make the top-16 but not long enough to challenge us for one of the top spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
            Don't thank me too much. I did deliberately wait long enough for you to have chance to make the top-16 but not long enough to challenge us for one of the top spots.
            Well H, better late than never...I understand what you did there. However, having just spent time voting about 100 times, moving us into the top 5 of Largest Movers and a 15,000 times better rate than the previous day (according to the meter that shows up), I understand how far we have to go. HOWEVER, I urge fellow posters to get on it...we are now 6th on the Summit League and ahead of hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...that school south of us, so let's uphold the tradition of beating them in everything!

Comment

Now 5th in the Summit...come on Jacks fans, I can use some help!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                Now 5th in the Summit...come on Jacks fans, I can use some help!
                Spent about 20 min over lunch stuffin the box, all I can muster for now.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Thanks RR, every bit helps!!! I recognize that I have more time to spend than most of you, so am appreciative of every bit of help we can muster. More than likely will fall short of getting up to the final 16 schools, but will have to depend on NDSU to carry that banner for the conference...I would just like to be right behind them in the conference.

Comment

FYI, we are now up nine places today from 123rd to 114th and 5th in the conference (21 places behind Denver in 4th). USD is seventh at 132nd. Going to keep working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                      Spent about 20 min over lunch stuffin the box, all I can muster for now.
                      Same here.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Since I started stuffing the box 10 minutes ago, we have gone from 110th to 100th place.

Comment

Update and thanks to other posters for joining in...SDSU now at 79th place, moving past Denver, which is now 93rd (may have changed since I got over here to post this. That's a huge jump and makes me think since there are nine days left that an active, exhuberant SDSU fan group might even get us to 16th and a second round??? Anyway, either way, USD is still 132nd, so life is good.

Comment

Go to Conferences, click on Summit League. It goes A Lot faster for voting! I've got the family on each of their I-pads voting now.

73rd place, 4th in the Summit
                            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

We just moved up to 72nd.
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                              X