NCAA 6thFan Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA 6thFan Contest

I posted this in the Omaha game thread, but for those watching live streaming, be sure to pull up the 6th fan contest in another window/tab and vote like crazy during timeouts or halftime. If you have two monitors (like me) you can vote all game long on one while watching on the other. We could do some serious damage with even 20 people voting for 2 hours straight.

http://6thfan.ncaa.com/
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      how exactly would they have a basis to make that claim? is there a link to his/her math? I mean they may be right.
      I know I vote for about 15min and then we seem to lose a percent from our total to get to where we were yesterday. but that does not count whoever else is voting? btw I still got a good -4 to -5 percent in me.
      It's over there in the 6thFan thread under the Football header

Comment

The daily vote % meter is how i gage wether or not I'm voting alone (or close to it) or not.Basicly,the more votes pouring in,the more voters, the faster it changes.To move 1% on the meter up/down (green/red) when the vote total has accumulated to a very large number takes quite awhile for one person (or just a few),but, when many people are pouring in votes,not so long.Just another indicator of how many are voting and how big the daily % voting total is (how much we put in the tank, if you will,in terms of votes)

Noticed today not much voting going on by anybody ( meters in red, not moving much),just enough to hold their position.Everyone seems content to stay put and are waiting for the next round to begin.Those with no hope have given up,those assured of advancing are resting a little for the next battle.
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-13-2014, 06:08 PM.

Comment

From Arkansas St Scout board. Bisonville has some company in the conspiracy business. We went to SDSU not DSU.

Posted: Today 3:04 PM
          Re: Have you voted yet?
          I'm pretty sure the bunny rabbits have cracked the captcha and have a script running. There is no way they could have gone from 160th place to 3rd the in short amount of time that they have without some automated system. Source: I'm a Computer Scientist.

Comment

We slacked off I think today we were only 2nd most votes. I tried to get as many as I could during work but it was harder today then the last few days.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I think that we are missing Jacks#1Fan.. I have been working on 41 percent for an hour...

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                I think that we are missing Jacks#1Fan.. I have been working on 41 percent for an hour...
                We are in the dead period where the percentage will not change anymore. The votes still count, but count towards tomorrow. It resets at 11pm CDT.

Comment

No sense in burning yourself out if it is another free for all next round. Save your strength, get some family time. I highly doubt any of the rounds are actual brackets.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                    From Arkansas St Scout board. Bisonville has some company in the conspiracy business. We went to SDSU not DSU.

Posted: Today 3:04 PM
                    Re: Have you voted yet?
                    I'm pretty sure the bunny rabbits have cracked the captcha and have a script running. There is no way they could have gone from 160th place to 3rd the in short amount of time that they have without some automated system. Source: I'm a Computer Scientist.
                    Does a Computer Scientist understand motivation and commitment?

Comment

I, for one, have not put in near the time the last two days as I had the first 3 or 4. Maybe a half hour total the last two days vs the 6-8 hrs in the three previous days.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

On my wife's phone or an I-pad I can enter a couple of votes per minute. On my laptop I get about 1 every 10 seconds. I haven't entered much the last couple of days. I did do a bunch in the last hour, but come Sunday, I plan on living at my computer. $100,000 is on the line. That is HUGE in Jackrabbit land. We don't have the people to give $$$, the oil to draw from, or the big businesses to donate. Whatever it takes, I'm in! Go Jacks.
                        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

We started today at -82%. Time to take back 1st place.
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Decided to waste a good 10 minutes on another team for the lulz. Brought Savannah State to the top of the MEAC and had them sitting at the top of the biggest movers at +850%. Needless to say they started out in the low 300s.

Comment

Just to let you know that a few of us are going to try to get IPFW in the top-16. If you like the idea of a quarter of the field being from the Summit(and you want a puppet as a possible opponent) consider throwing a few votes their way. Now pardon me while I go hide from TAB.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                                Just to let you know that a few of us are going to try to get IPFW in the top-16. If you like the idea of a quarter of the field being from the Summit(and you want a puppet as a possible opponent) consider throwing a few votes their way. Now pardon me while I go hide from TAB.
                                I hate IPFW.

Now everyone, go vote for them!

('Hate' is such a strange emotion, isn't it?)
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X