Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU on Nebraska's schedule 2010

Originally posted by bigblue View Post
    I absolutely hate the huskers. So I would not mind seeing the Jacks kick the $hit outta them. God do I hate nebraska.
    QFA and edited

Go OU!

Comment

There has been some public speculation that our 2010 game with Nebraska was going to be potentially bought out. I think it's safe to say the Jackrabbits will be facing off against the Cornhuskers after reading this:

SDSU already has agreements in place to take on Nebraska in 2010 and Illinois in 2011. Peterson said that he confirmed the contest in Lincoln last week in light of public speculation that the Cornhuskers might cancel the game - and pay a buy-out fee - in an effort to strengthen its non-conference schedule.

(read more)

Comment

Hey guys......just been reading over your thread here. Came to the board to congrat you on your new recruit Eric Koehlmoos.....I'm from his hometown.

I've never seen anything around here about the Huskers trying to buy out the game against you guys. The game was scheduled in the Steve Pederson/Bill Callahan era, and I know that the new administration Tom Osborne/Bo Pelini does not want to schedule I-AA opponents in the future if they can avoid it, but as far as I know, they will honor this contract.

I'm a season ticket holder for the Huskers, so if any of you guys have any questions on gameday, atmosphere, etc., hit me up and I'll be glad to help you out. Maybe I can meet a few of you guys on gameday.

Comment

Originally posted by Alum-Ni View Post
          Hey guys......just been reading over your thread here. Came to the board to congrat you on your new recruit Eric Koehlmoos.....I'm from his hometown.

I've never seen anything around here about the Huskers trying to buy out the game against you guys. The game was scheduled in the Steve Pederson/Bill Callahan era, and I know that the new administration Tom Osborne/Bo Pelini does not want to schedule I-AA opponents in the future if they can avoid it, but as far as I know, they will honor this contract.

I'm a season ticket holder for the Huskers, so if any of you guys have any questions on gameday, atmosphere, etc., hit me up and I'll be glad to help you out. Maybe I can meet a few of you guys on gameday.
          Thanks for the update and invite, I'm sure plenty of us from the board will be making the trip down south. Hard to believe the 2010 game is only about 17 months away now

Comment

Originally posted by Alum-Ni View Post

The contract being bought out was in reference to your women's BB program. We had a home-and-home scheduled with them and after we came down to Lincoln and best you 2 or 3 years ago your coach pulled the plug on the owning up to their end of the deal. We are a bit used to it though as Montana did the same thing to us in football.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
              The contract being bought out was in reference to your women's BB program. We had a home-and-home scheduled with them and after we came down to Lincoln and best you 2 or 3 years ago your coach pulled the plug on the owning up to their end of the deal. We are a bit used to it though as Montana did the same thing to us in football.
              Although, in all fairness, the return trip to Brookings wasn't contracted. It was tentatively agreed to and Nebraska backed out after enduring a thumping in Lincoln.

Comment

Ahhhh....okay, I was thinking the contract talks were about football. You do seem to have a pretty solid WBB team up there. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                  Although, in all fairness, the return trip to Brookings wasn't contracted. It was tentatively agreed to and Nebraska backed out after enduring a thumping in Lincoln.

I beleive you are correct. It was not a written contract but a verbal commitment from the Neb Coach. That being said a verbal can be a contract. There was no buy out to speak of. The lady Jacks simply moved on to better competition. I think we embarrased the Lady Huskers on their own floor and they wanted nothing to do with round number two.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Rumor Mill is back in operation. I heard today that Nebraska is close to signing a 2 for 1 with a major FCS opponent that would coincide with our date next year.
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                      Rumor Mill is back in operation. I heard today that Nebraska is close to signing a 2 for 1 with a major FCS opponent that would coincide with our date next year.
                      FBS you mean?

Comment

I heard from a Nebraskan this wkend (& SDSU Alum), that the talk in Nebraska is that Neb can possibly play a game ( on the same date as a possible SDSU game) for primetime tv.... but they were told that they will not broadcast the game if it is SDSU, has to be a "bigger and better" school. So then NE was trying to get out of the contract, but SDSU said "sure, but your still going to pay us $xxx,xxx. "

Comment

Got em by the short and curlies. Excellent.

Comment

That rumor's been in the mill for months, so long that I have to believe there's no substance to it. (For what it's worth, the numbers that often get used to flesh-out the rumor are $300,000 and $350,000).
                            Last edited by JackJD; 10-27-2009, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              That rumor's been in the mill for months, so long that I have to believe there's no substance to it. (For what it's worth, the numbers that often get used to flesh-out the rumor is $300,000 and $350,000).
                              If we can get $300,000 for a buyout I almost hope we don't play the game, take the check, and use some of the money to pay a guarantee and get another home game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                                If we can get $300,000 for a buyout I almost hope we don't play the game, take the check, and use some of the money to pay a guarantee and get another home game.
                                Or take the $300k and find another FBS money game and double the Jacks' money!

Comment

Working...
                                X