SDSU on Nebraska's schedule 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU on Nebraska's schedule 2010

Although I never saw it on this board, I had previously heard discussion that if Nebraska chose to opt out of hosting the Jacks in 2010 that Wyoming was the likely replacement. At the same time there were snippets in the media about a multi-year contract, possibly as many as 5 games, between Nebraska and Wyoming. I had made the assumption, perhaps wrongly, that the two might be related. The University of Wyoming released this a couple of days ago:

http://wyomingathletics.cstv.com/spo...120208aab.html

"University of Wyoming Athletics Director Tom Burman and University of Nebraska Athletics Director Tom Osborne announced jointly on Tuesday that the Wyoming Cowboys and Nebraska Huskers have signed a contract for a three-game football series to begin in Laramie, Wyo., on Sept. 24, 2011. The second and third games in the series are to be played in Lincoln, Neb., on Aug. 31, 2013, and Sept. 17, 2016."

The release also announces a 2010 game at Wyoming between the Cowboys and SUU:

"In addition to the announcement of the Nebraska series, Wyoming also announced new series versus the University of Idaho, of the Western Athletic Conference (WAC), and Southern Utah, a Football Championship Series (formerly NCAA I-AA) program. . . Southern Utah and the Cowboys will play a single game in Wyoming's War Memorial Stadium on Sept. 4, 2010."

Click the link if you are interested in the entire press release.

Since it is unlikely that Wyoming would play a second FCS game in 2010 it would appear that the change from a game at Nebraska to Wyoming for the Jacks in 2010 is no longer a possibilitly. Has anyone heard any more news as to whether or not the Cornhuskers are still wanting to dump the Jacks from its schedule?
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Wanting to and being able to are 2 different things. Nebraska's new coaching staff would love to get SDSU off of the schedule, but I heard that the buyout is large and getting a legit BCS opponent wouldn't be the easiest thing to do.... D-I programs like Nebraska like to have there out of conference schedule in place 2-3 years in advanced so they don't have to get into 1-1's....

Comment

Nebraska wants out of the game in a bad way. I would put big odds on the game never happening, but SDSU will get a nice pay day regardless.
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

They are trying to move the year (2011,2012) which would require them to pay us a bonus. We have plenty of other options for a guarantee game in 2010.

If for some reason the game gets cancelled, they have to buyout the contract and we'll go play someone else and they will pay us a guarantee as well.

Sounds like a win, win situation to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
            They are trying to move the year (2011,2012) which would require them to pay us a bonus. We have plenty of other options for a guarantee game in 2010.

If for some reason the game gets cancelled, they have to buyout the contract and we'll go play someone else and they will pay us a guarantee as well.

Sounds like a win, win situation to me.
            I agree with this regarding the cancellation. $600,000 > $300,000 or whatever the exact numbers would be.

I would love to play them though. Nothing (except an FCS national championship) would bring me greater joy then to send the Cornshuckers into a tailspin with a loss at home. Just the thought of listening to all those in Lincoln cry out in anguish warms my heart. As you can see, I don't mask my contempt for Nebraska football.
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
              I agree with this regarding the cancellation. $600,000 > $300,000 or whatever the exact numbers would be.

I would love to play them though. Nothing (except an FCS national championship) would bring me greater joy then to send the Cornshuckers into a tailspin with a loss at home. Just the thought of listening to all those in Lincoln cry out in anguish warms my heart. As you can see, I don't mask my contempt for Nebraska football.
              I don't think it's going to happen. I'm betting on Wyoming as a replacement.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                Speaking for all Wyoming fans, we're thrilled Nebraska is coming to Laramie for the first time ever in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post

But Wyoming already has SUU on their 2010 schedule.
                  Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by OKC_Poke View Post
                    Speaking for all Wyoming fans, we're thrilled Nebraska is coming to Laramie for the first time ever in 2010.
                    As the husband of a Wyo grad, I think that's great. I am also guessing that SDSU is seeking a game with Wyo as a replacement for Nebraska on our schedule.

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                    I'm just reporting what I'm hearing. Maybe there's a cheap way out of their scheduled game with the Thundergoofs. I also hear there's another MWC possibility.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                      Oops the Huskers game in Laramie is in 2011. Oops, my bad.

Here's a complete list of UW's OOC games so for from 2009-16.

Weber State Wildcats (Sept. 5)
                      Texas Longhorns (Sept. 12)
                      @ Colorado Buffaloes (Sept. 19)
                      @ Bowling Green Falcons (Oct. 3)

Southern Utah Thunderbirds (Sept. 4)
                      @ Texas Longhorns (Sept. 11)
                      Boise State Broncos (Sept. 18)
                      @ Toledo Rockets (Oct. 2)

Weber State Wildcats (Sept. 3)
                      @ Boise State Broncos (Sept. 10)
                      @ Missouri Tigers (sept. 17)
                      Nebraska Cornhuskers (Sept. 24)

@ Texas Longhorns (Sept. 1)
                      Toledo Rockets (Sept
                      Missouri Tigers (Sept. 15)
                      @ Idaho Vandals (Sept. 22)

@ Nebraska Cornhuskers (Aug. 31)
                      Idaho Vandals (Sept. 7)

@ Oregon Ducks (Sept. 20)

Oregon Ducks (Sept. 12)

@ Nebraska Cornhuskers (Sept. 17)

Comment

Originally posted by OKC_Poke View Post
                        Unless they sell the game like they did with Tennessee.
                        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post

Contempt or jelousy? 89-23-3
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                            Unless they sell the game like they did with Tennessee.
                            They won't. First game is in Laramie plus Burman is against doing that.

Comment

I absolutely hate the huskers. So I would not mind seeing the jacks beating them. Then we get to see the head coach foaming by his mouth just like at Oklahoma. God do i hate nebraska. go KU!

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                                Contempt or jelousy? 89-23-3
                                Touche. But just so you know, I have harbored utter disdain for the Shuckers long before I attended KU.
                                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                                X