• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU on Nebraska's schedule 2010

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
    FBS you mean?
    Yeah, my bad. Got good football on the brain so I said FCS

That rumor's been in the mill for months, so long that I have to believe there's no substance to it. (For what it's worth, the numbers that often get used to flesh-out the rumor are $300,000 and $350,000).
    I would agree JD. I will wait until official announcement, but I wouldn't have posted anything except this time I heard it from a source that has some contacts at Nebraska. He told me they had a 2 for 1 in the works (2 home games) with a perennial top 25 team that would interfere with the game. I am guessing that the 300 or 400K they guaranteed us would be a drop in the bucket with a big TV game.

I kind of hope it happens because the Jacks win big time. They can take the money and still work out another FCS game then.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Not doubting your source EQ, but what major conference school couldn't say that. We are working on a 2-for-1 with a perennial top 25 team and if we get that worked out a television deal is in the works and we would have to buy out a FCS team. It sounds like the tv is going to because of the perennial top 25 team, which Nebraska no longer can claim to be.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
        Yeah, my bad. Got good football on the brain so I said FCS

I would agree JD. I will wait until official announcement, but I wouldn't have posted anything except this time I heard it from a source that has some contacts at Nebraska. He told me they had a 2 for 1 in the works (2 home games) with a perennial top 25 team that would interfere with the game. I am guessing that the 300 or 400K they guaranteed us would be a drop in the bucket with a big TV game.

I kind of hope it happens because the Jacks win big time. They can take the money and still work out another FCS game then.
        If Nebraska backs out, it would be difficult to get another FCS game as most schedules are filled out already, ala we already have an open 2010 date we can't seem to fill.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

What, they are playing a perennial top 25 team. Us.

Comment

I don't get where Nebraska is going to get a 2-1 with a top 25 team.... Texas could only get a 3-2 with UW and had to go to Wyoming first...

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
              I don't get where Nebraska is going to get a 2-1 with a top 25 team.... Texas could only get a 3-2 with UW and had to go to Wyoming first...

Actually, it was a 2-for-1 and Arkansas arranged for the whole thing and paid the travel expenses for Texas to come to Laramie first.

Comment

Originally posted by OKC_Poke View Post
                Actually, it was a 2-for-1 and Arkansas arranged for the whole thing and paid the travel expenses for Texas to come to Laramie first.
                Apparently ther is more to this story, Please elborate OKC_Poke. Was Wyoming orginally going to play Arkansas instead of Texas? Explain.

Comment

After the Iowa State game, maybe they should keep the FCS teams on the schedule...

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Apparently ther is more to this story, Please elborate OKC_Poke. Was Wyoming orginally going to play Arkansas instead of Texas? Explain.
                    The story is that Arkansas WAS supposed to play Texas this year. Well, they thought playing both Texas AMD Texas A & M along with the usual SEC slate would be too much for the Hogs so, they asked Texas to postpone their series and in exchange Arkansas would find another opponent for Texas. So Arkansas got with Wyoming and a deal was made. Texas plays Wyoming in a 2-for-1 with the first game in Laramie and Arkansas pays for the Horns entire travel bill to Laramie!

Comment

• Re: SDSU on Nebraska's schedule 2010

Originally posted by OKC_Poke View Post
                      The story is that Arkansas WAS supposed to play Texas this year. Well, they thought playing both Texas AMD Texas A & M along with the usual SEC slate would be too much for the Hogs so, they asked Texas to postpone their series and in exchange Arkansas would find another opponent for Texas. So Arkansas got with Wyoming and a deal was made. Texas plays Wyoming in a 2-for-1 with the first game in Laramie and Arkansas pays for the Horns entire travel bill to Laramie!
                      Thanks I thought there might a story there. I could not believe it the first week in September when I heard Texas went to Wyoming to play. It made you really wonder how much Wyoming had shelled out to get Texas to travel.

Comment

Heard Jeff Jamrog -- head football scheduler for the Huskers -- on the radio this a.m. He said, "We've got South Dakota State coming in here next year."
                        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                          Heard Jeff Jamrog -- head football scheduler for the Huskers -- on the radio this a.m. He said, "We've got South Dakota State coming in here next year."
                          Thanks for posting that information. Everyone can check Nebraska's website for the 2010 schedule and we're listed: September 25, 2010, Memorial Stadium.

Comment

Great info ne. I like that better than the rumor mill (I know, I know I brought it up.) I guess I'll never feel like its going to happen until it happens.
                            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                            -Leo Rosten

Comment

SDSU vs. Nebraska on my birthday? Almost have to go.

I would love to see the Jacks upset UNL just to make Huskers fans around here shut up for at least a week.
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                Thanks I thought there might a story there. I could not believe it the first week in September when I heard Texas went to Wyoming to play. It made you really wonder how much Wyoming had shelled out to get Texas to travel.
                                Wyoming didn't pay Texas a single penny to come to Laramie! Arkansas paid for the whole thing!

Comment

Working...
                                X