Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SDSU on Nebraska's schedule 2010

Originally posted by goon View Post
    ESPN had it listed at 12. For what its worth. Is that typical practice to have television networks determine game times and not the schools that actually play the game? Does NEB have its homecoming game every year the same time or is it never the same? I think it would be odd to have HOBO DAY game at a different time from year to year.
    Yes it is typical practice for the TV networks to determine the start times. The schools have some power as far as what day the game is played on, but the networks pretty much ultimately decide the start times.

Comment

Originally posted by Alum-Ni View Post
      Yes it is typical practice for the TV networks to determine the start times. The schools have some power as far as what day the game is played on, but the networks pretty much ultimately decide the start times.
      So the game importance and the networks decision is what it comes down to. I would find that frustrating but can understand the reason. Would that be the case with the big ten network next year? More of the same or slightly less confusion? I must say I like our way of early season games in the evening, and later season during the day. Works out well and not much confusion.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

It comes down to $$$$. The networks pay a lot so they get to pick the games and that effects kick off. That is how it is in BCS football. I know I wouldn't mind if our games got moved around if it meant that SDSU was going to get millions of $$$

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
          It comes down to $$$$. The networks pay a lot so they get to pick the games and that effects kick off. That is how it is in BCS football. I know I wouldn't mind if our games got moved around if it meant that SDSU was going to get millions of $$$
          It really takes them this long to decide? I would imagine they should be able to figure out the dollars and cents its would make depending on the match up and other games they will have that day. Maybe I am too simple minded here, but figuring it out a week before the game is different then a month how? Like its some sort of network strategy.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Well it seems simple to me. Who pays the networks? Advertisers. What do advertisers want for their money? Viewers. What do viewers want to see? Good match ups. So you want and see how the season is going so you can find the good match ups.

Comment

That's one thing I hated about playing AT Nebraska-Omaha...our start time there was always dictated by the Huskers start time and could change up until game week.

Great problem to have though when you have advertisers and TV putting enough money in the cofers to have a say in start times.
              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Wow,Martinez, the QB for Neb, looks like a real threat to deal with.After his first 3 strides,he's full speed & gone, extremely fast. Cover his receivers good,he burns you with a run(some runs are by design though)Leave loose coverage on his receivers,he burns you with a pass.I hope we get our coverage assignments down pat in the secondary ,we might have to go one on one (if we are good enough) in order to gaurd against a long run from him.The best way, as alway's though , is for the big guys on the line to get to him before he can do anything.Best way to contain him is don't let him get started.I don't know if we'll be able to do that against Neb though.Here's hoping we can.Well timed blitz,s & keep threatning the blitz,so they never know wether it's the real deal or not?Sometimes,just the threat of a blitz causes a player to get jittery , which might cause a fumbled snap,etc.Might not want to run if you see seven guys at the line.Keep them from getting too comfortable with thier offense if possible.......They're definately deserving of thier ranking,......oh ya,let's beat the Hens first!
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 09-05-2010, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                  Wow,Martinez, the QB for Neb, looks like a real threat to deal with.
                  Was at the game last night and had seats on the north goal line in row 2. Got to see his first three TD's very closely. The third one was most impressive with the way he controlled his body in traffic. Was impressed by the way he checked down through his progressions in his first game as a starter. Not a NU fan, but real impressed with Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                    Was at the game last night and had seats on the north goal line in row 2. Got to see his first three TD's very closely. The third one was most impressive with the way he controlled his body in traffic. Was impressed by the way he checked down through his progressions in his first game as a starter. Not a NU fan, but real impressed with Taylor.
                    I just looked at the video highlites,actually being there sounds like a lot more fun!
                    ps....you don't happen to know what his 40 yard time is do you?Seems like he just ran right by people.Think he can be rattled?Probably hard to shake his confidence now that he's gotten off to a good start,unless you can sack him or pick a pass on him a couple times.
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 09-05-2010, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      I just looked at the video highlites,actually being there sounds like a lot more fun!
                      ps....you don't happen to know what his 40 yard time is do you?Seems like he just ran right by people.Think he can be rattled?Probably hard to shake his confidence now that he's gotten off to a good start,unless you can sack him or pick a pass on him a couple times.
                      I think I saw he ran the 40 somewhere in the 4.45 - 4.5 range. He hits full speed in just a few steps and can change directions quiickly. Looks like he has good poise in the pocket and appears confident. He did get sacked once and got right back up and threw a completeion for a first down.

Again, I am not a NU fan, but was very impressed with Martinez. You will need to discuss with NU fans to get the whole story on him.

Comment

Tickets for sale in Sioux Falls! I have a friend who has two sets of two in Section 30 Row D and Section 30 Row 1 those seats are right in front of each other. The stadium goes A-D and than 1-99 for rows.

Right by tunnel where the Huskers come out and on the SDSU sideline.

Cost is $150 each but they are great seats for a once in a lifetime chance to see us in Lincoln!

PM me for questions and information.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
                          ...Cost is $150 each but they are great seats for a once in a lifetime chance to see us in Lincoln!
                          Very good point...there's a high probability that the Jacks will never play at Nebraska's Memorial Stadium again.
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Former Jackrabbit and current Husker Willie Jones says 6 pm kickoff on PPV. Not sure if Willie is privy to that info but he is on the inside.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=204829324
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I believe the game will also be at 6 pm on PPV. I think it will be announced Monday from the Big 12/ Nebraska camp. Atleast I hope so. Here is a link to the Big 12 tv/ radio info which states as JackMD previously posted. But I suppose it still can be picked up for regional coverage.

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArtic...ATCLID=1522972
                              We...ARE...STATE!
                              SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Kickoff has officially been set for 6:00 p.m. between Nebraska and South Dakota State.

Nebraska-SDSU Game to be Televised on Pay-Per-View Basis
                                www.huskers.com

The University of Nebraska and Fox Sports Midwest have announced that the Sept. 25 Nebraska contest with South Dakota State in Lincoln will be televised on a pay-per-view basis. The telecast will begin at 6 p.m. CDT.

The telecast will be available on participating cable systems in Nebraska as well as nationally on participating satellite and telco systems. Suggested retail price for the telecast is $39.95 and full ordering details will be available in the next few days. The game is being televised on a pay-per-view basis because it was not selected for over-the-air broadcast or cable television coverage.

Comment

Working...
                                X