Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SDSU on Nebraska's schedule 2010

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    Sometimes sarcasm is a little tough for me to pick up in a post. My wife just called and didn't get the sarcasm in a text that I just sent her. Go figure.

Where are you staying in Lincoln?

SUPERBUNNY
    We are suppose to have a block of rooms at the Embassy Suites. I haven't spoken to the person who was reserving them but she had intended to get as many as they would let her have. There are a large number of Yankton fans planning to attend.

I have family in Lincoln as well, so that is always an option but we would much rather stay at the Embassy, tailgate there, and walk to the game and back from the game.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...10/1002/sports

September
      South Dakota State carries a 3-0 record into Nebraska's Memorial Stadium for the most high-profile football game in school history.

As a crowd of 86,000 looks on, it doesn't take long for quarterback drama to develop.

Even with Ndamukong Suh starring with the NFL's St. Louis Rams, the Huskers cause problems for SDSU quarterback Thomas O'Brien while building a 24-0 lead.

In the third quarter, after O'Brien is slow to get up from a sack, Jacks coach John Stiegelmeier calls for true freshman Austin Sumner - and the Brandon Valley product doesn't disappoint.

Sumner throws a pair of touchdown passes and scores on a keeper to pull SDSU within 24-21, causing the Sea of Red to start shifting nervously.

The Huskers eventually pull away for a 34-21 win, but Sumner feels good about the experience.

"In terms of team speed, it was a little different from playing Huron," he says. "But the atmosphere was about the same as the Pigskin Classic in Brandon."

Isn't Nebraska our third game of the year? I'll take undefeated going into it though.
      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Just for the information of those who don't get the Argus Leader, this was part of Stu(pid) Whitney's tongue-in-cheek look into the future for 2010. When it comes to "dissing" one player, and pumping up the "hometown" boy, it's a continuation of his poor taste, even when "kidding".

Comment

R U F#<king serious? who writes crap like this? its one thing when a blog writes something like this but its another thing when a newspaper writes this.....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
            R U F#<king serious? who writes crap like this? its one thing when a blog writes something like this but its another thing when a newspaper writes this.....
            Careful joeboo 22- don't need the supermod on your back for saying stuff like that. trust me I know. Yes- it is crap- Hey Stu- Sumner is probably going to be redshirted and won't even be in uniform-especially if the Jacks can find a Juco QB. Thats a pretty arrogant thing to say and it puts Sumner in a position where I am sure he doesn't want to be in. It never ceases to amaze me with these media people and what they can get away with. Thanks for putting the article out there. I do not get the Argus Leader so appreciate the info!

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
              http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...10/1002/sports

September
              South Dakota State carries a 3-0 record into Nebraska's Memorial Stadium for the most high-profile football game in school history.

As a crowd of 86,000 looks on, it doesn't take long for quarterback drama to develop.

Even with Ndamukong Suh starring with the NFL's St. Louis Rams, the Huskers cause problems for SDSU quarterback Thomas O'Brien while building a 24-0 lead.

In the third quarter, after O'Brien is slow to get up from a sack, Jacks coach John Stiegelmeier calls for true freshman Austin Sumner - and the Brandon Valley product doesn't disappoint.

Sumner throws a pair of touchdown passes and scores on a keeper to pull SDSU within 24-21, causing the Sea of Red to start shifting nervously.

The Huskers eventually pull away for a 34-21 win, but Sumner feels good about the experience.

"In terms of team speed, it was a little different from playing Huron," he says. "But the atmosphere was about the same as the Pigskin Classic in Brandon."

Isn't Nebraska our third game of the year? I'll take undefeated going into it though.
              Yes- you would think that Whitney would look at our schedule before he says we will be 3-0. As of right now we would be 2-0 going into Nebraska. Didn't whitney also say that the Vikings would be going to Philly for the 1st round of the playoffs in January??? Another great prediction Stu!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                Careful joeboo 22- don't need the supermod on your back for saying stuff like that. trust me I know. Yes- it is crap- Hey Stu- Sumner is probably going to be redshirted and won't even be in uniform-especially if the Jacks can find a Juco QB. Thats a pretty arrogant thing to say and it puts Sumner in a position where I am sure he doesn't want to be in. It never ceases to amaze me with these media people and what they can get away with. Thanks for putting the article out there. I do not get the Argus Leader so appreciate the info!
                yeah I probably went over board a bit..... but I just don't have a clue why you write anything even like that? Its questionable even for blogs.... Its something a fan might say off the record.....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                  yeah I probably went over board a bit..... but I just don't have a clue why you write anything even like that? Its questionable even for blogs.... Its something a fan might say off the record.....
                  I 100% agree with you. I am sure Sumner is a great quality kid and didn't appreciate reading the stuff. To put that in one of south Dakotas largest newspapers is simply ridiculous and very unprofessional.

Comment

Serious comments and questions:

1. The kind of writing is so juvenile ... why is anyone reading it? Speedrabbit is right: Whitney is not a professional writer.
                    2. If you read the writing in the newspaper, why would anyone admit they read it? (And for you wise guys out there who are about to comment: Why did you read it, JackJD? -- I read what was posted in this thread because it's one of the downsides of being a moderator. Others had a choice.)
                    3. The writing was presumably intended to be funny or perhaps to provoke some reaction. Why react? You encourage the author to continue to write columns not even suitable for submission to a seventh-grade writing contest.
                    4. The writing is so bad, it looks like our Black Hills State U friend, joeboo, went back to his old habit of imbibing before posting. Watch the language Joe. By keeping the smut bar fairly high, we avoid some of the meltdowns that occur regularly on other boards.
                    5. Why am I writing this?

How about letting this thread just die? The moderators can close it but shouldn't common sense just let it die? (I think starting the thread was fine but is there anything productive that can come out of everyone taking their shot at the punching bag named Stu Whitney? He won't get it anyway.)

Carry on if you want to.

Comment

Chanelling the moderator from Billy Madison....

Stu, what you just wrote was one of the most insanely idotic things I have ever read. At no point, in your rambling incoherent column were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everybody on this forum is now dumber for having read that. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEkWH...eature=related
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

1. The kind of writing is so juvenile ... why is anyone reading it? Speedrabbit is right: Whitney is not a professional writer.
                        2. If you read the writing in the newspaper, why would anyone admit they read it? (And for you wise guys out there who are about to comment: Why did you read it, JackJD? -- I read what was posted in this thread because it's one of the downsides of being a moderator. Others had a choice.)
                        3. The writing was presumably intended to be funny or perhaps to provoke some reaction. Why react? You encourage the author to continue to write columns not even suitable for submission to a seventh-grade writing contest.
                        4. The writing is so bad, it looks like our Black Hills State U friend, joeboo, went back to his old habit of imbibing before posting. Watch the language Joe. By keeping the smut bar fairly high, we avoid some of the meltdowns that occur regularly on other boards.

How about letting this thread just die? The moderators can close it but shouldn't common sense just let it die? (I think starting the thread was fine but is there anything productive that can come out of everyone taking their shot at the punching bag named Stu Whitney? He won't get it anyway.)

Carry on if you want to.
                        Thanks for following my lead super mod. Keep watching- I'll keep surprising you with I KNOW! (-;

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

Carry on if you want to.
                          This behavior and terrible writing is exactly why I haven't read one word (in print or online) from that joke that of a newspaper in Sioux Falls in over 3 months. No offense to anyone on the Argus Leader's staff that can actually write, but I would rarely see anything worth reading in that paper (and not just sports related).

Comment

We get Nebraska on their homecoming. Tickets might be tougher than first thought.

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.d...PID=22&SPSID=3
                            We...ARE...STATE!
                            SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

There will be plenty. There were extra being sold outside the stadium for the #1 USC Trojan game a few years ago. There will be tickets for SDSU.
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                                There will be plenty. There were extra being sold outside the stadium for the #1 USC Trojan game a few years ago. There will be tickets for SDSU.
                                Just another friendly reminder to make hotel reservations a few months ago. The best places are gone instantly a year before the game is played but there are still some places listing rooms. Make a reservation today if you plan on staying over which I highly encourage.

Lincoln is a blast on gameday! This is a really unique opportunity for Jacks fans that may or may not happen again. All the "experts" list going to a game in Lincoln as a Top 5 experience in College Football. Don't miss the chance!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X