SDSU on Nebraska's schedule 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SDSU on Nebraska's schedule 2010

As promised, here is the interview with Sean Callihan from Husker Illustrated about UNL's interest in buying out the Jackrabbit game.

http://online.audiohauler.com/dougdaddy/12-07-09.mp3

Scan forward to 28:40 minutes into the podcast if you prefer not to hear a recap of the Husker/Longhorn game.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
      And I think the corn shuckers are a long way from going undefeated.
      They probably weren't as far away this year as you would think. Yes they had 4 losses, but look at them a little closer......

Virginia Tech..... 1 pt loss, after a 81 yd pass with less than 2 minutes left.
      Iowa State...... 2 pt loss, after 8 turnovers.
      Texas....... 1 pt loss on last play of game.
      Texas Tech.....yeah, they got manhandled on that one.

Easily could have been a one loss season.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
        They probably weren't as far away this year as you would think. Yes they had 4 losses, but look at them a little closer......

Virginia Tech..... 1 pt loss, after a 81 yd pass with less than 2 minutes left.
        Iowa State...... 2 pt loss, after 8 turnovers.
        Texas....... 1 pt loss on last play of game.
        Texas Tech.....yeah, they got manhandled on that one.

Let's be real none of the Huskers 6 Conference wins were by more than 14 points so wouldn't exactly call them dominate. I actually was pulling for them to beat Texas. Could not believe the kicker kicked it out of bounds to give the Longhorns a short field.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          Let's be real none of the Huskers 6 Conference wins were by more than 14 points so wouldn't exactly call them dominate. I actually was pulling for them to beat Texas. Could not believe the kicker kicked it out of bounds to give the Longhorns a short field.
          Don't get me wrong, they definitely weren't dominant. A #20 team at best, I was just commenting that they were closer to being undeated than most people realize given their record.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
            That attitude plays real well up in Fargo these days.

Comment

[QUOTE=JACKGUYII;139271]Let's be real none of the Huskers 6 Conference wins were by more than 14 points so wouldn't exactly call them dominate. QUOTE]

The team was not dominant, their offense is horrid. However, their defense is the very definition of dominant. If you like defense, you would have had to of loved this year's version of the Huskers. Even in the one game they got manhandled, Texas Tech, the defense held the Red Raiders to their lowest offensive output since Leach too over. However, their offense gave up several short fields.
              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Did you know that Nebraska has the nation's largest population of domesticated Llamas?

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE View Post
                  Did you know that Nebraska has the nation's largest population of domesticated Llamas?
                  Llamas you say, now that is interesting
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

I look forward to the buyout rumors being put to bed right about the same time the ball is kicked off at the beginning of the Nebraska-SDSU game next fall. Edit: Unless they buy us out at half time. In fact, I heard someone close to the UN athletic department say that worst case scenario was they would buy us out at half. Expect radio chatter on this subject tomorrow.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

did you know...
                      Nebraska is the only state in the US with a unicameral (one house) legislature, which is currently evenly divided between the Feed Corn and Sweet Corn Parties.

stolen from the net. http://www.imao.us/archives/005862.html

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                        I look forward to the buyout rumors being put to bed right about the same time the ball is kicked off at the beginning of the Nebraska-SDSU game next fall. Edit: Unless they buy us out at half time. In fact, I heard someone close to the UN athletic department say that worst case scenario was they would buy us out at half. Expect radio chatter on this subject tomorrow.
                        It just seems like its getting late to buy out a game unless Nebraska lined up a game for us in return.... The only way SDSU is going to have this game bought out is if its for the FULL price and Nebraska is also getting late to line up an opponet for next year also....

Comment

Could something a little bit like the Wyoming, Texas, Arkansas swap happen? Just asking. I'm darn near in Nebraska surrounded by Husker fans. Most in this area are very excited to have the Jackrabbits in Lincoln. However, they also understand the national perception and want to improve on that. Maybe they can find us an alternative FBS/FCS game, buy our game out, we get the guarantee from the other program and NU can pay some other team to come to Lincoln. That's my story and I'm running with it.
                          Last edited by jackmd; 12-11-2009, 12:57 PM.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            Could something a little bit like the Wyoming, Texas, Arkansas swap happen? Just asking. I'm darn near in Nebraska surrounded by Husker fans. Most in this area are very excited to have the Jackrabbits in Lincoln. However, they also understand the national perception and want to improve on that. Maybe they can find us an alternative FCS game, buy our game out, we get the guarantee from the other program and NU can pay some other team to come to Lincoln. That's my story and I'm running with it.

Just my $.02.

An alternative game would be a possibility but there have to be a significant $$$,$$$ benefit to SDSU to make the switch because playing Nebraska is a big, big deal for SDSU. Its big for the SDSU, the Football Program, the fans, and future recruits. There are a few guys on the team that grew up Nebraska fans and their dream was to play for the Huskers but they didn't get an offer to go there. They are here and thrilled to be a Jackrabbit but they are really excited to play in Memorial Stadium.

There isn't another team that could be lined up that would have as big of cache for the Jacks as playing in Lincoln. Therefore, it would need to be a situation where we were found another opponent and given a significant number of Benjamins and a guarantee of a future date for SDSU to make the switch.

Memorial Stadium and Lincoln is a special place to be on gameday. All of the experts rank Nebraska as a top 5 place to watch a game. I hope that all Jacks fans give serious consideration to going to that game. The opportunity may or may not come again. Just a reminder that if you want to stay in Lincoln you should make reservations ASAP.

The link below goes to a page where you can check hotel availabilty:

http://lincoln.travelhero.com/index....623/index.html

We've got a room at the Embassy Suite which is sold out. They are listing rooms available at the Downtown Holiday Inn which is only a couple of blocks from the Stadium and in between the downtown area and the Haymarket. I would recommend that to everyone because you can park your car and walk to everywhere. There are a number of more reasonably priced hotels by the airport, on Cornhusker Highway, and on 27th Street but that is a long way from the Stadium.

That is going to be a fun weekend!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                              Just my $.02.

An alternative game would be a possibility but there have to be a significant $$$,$$$ benefit to SDSU to make the switch because playing Nebraska is a big, big deal for SDSU. Its big for the SDSU, the Football Program, the fans, and future recruits. There are a few guys on the team that grew up Nebraska fans and their dream was to play for the Huskers but they didn't get an offer to go there. They are here and thrilled to be a Jackrabbit but they are really excited to play in Memorial Stadium.
                              I fully expect to be in Memorial next September watching the Jacks. I'm just trying to start my own rumor. C'mon everyone help me out. Call your friends and family and tell them that Nebraska bought us out and that we will now be playing at Ball State for $200,000. Nebraska has replaced us with Central Florida.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                I fully expect to be in Memorial next September watching the Jacks. I'm just trying to start my own rumor. C'mon everyone help me out. Call your friends and family and tell them that Nebraska bought us out and that we will now be playing at Ball State for $200,000. Nebraska has replaced us with Central Florida.
                                Sometimes sarcasm is a little tough for me to pick up in a post. My wife just called and didn't get the sarcasm in a text that I just sent her. Go figure.

Where are you staying in Lincoln?

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X