SDSU on Nebraska's schedule 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SDSU on Nebraska's schedule 2010

Anyone that wants tickets just find a season ticket holder to buy them for you at $60.00 each from the office and you have your tickets!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
      Anyone that wants tickets just find a season ticket holder to buy them for you at $60.00 each from the office and you have your tickets!
      One caveat, season ticket holders only get 6 tickets max. I need more than that just for my family so no extras for me. Need to find someone who doesn't need a large number of tickets. Better yet, order season tickets yourself, buy 6 NU tickets and sell them for a profit in order to recover the cost of your season ticket.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

im going to need two more tickets for the game. there are 8 of us going. i booked a couple rooms at the airport ramada, only $85 a night.

Comment

According to gojacks.com, all of the allotment of Nebraska tickets were taken up by season ticket holders.

From the website---
          "Although the start of the 2010 football season is nearly three months away, South Dakota State University has already set a record for new season ticket sales.

As of the start of the week, more than 560 new season tickets had been sold, increasing the total number of season tickets sold to a record of approximately 2,200. Fans can still purchase season tickets to all five home games by calling 1-866-GO JACKS, or online at GoJacks.com. Season tickets are $100 per seat, plus a minimum $50 donation to the Jackrabbit Club.

Due to the high number of Jackrabbit season ticket holders taking advantage of advance-purchase benefits, SDSU's allotment of tickets for the Sept. 25 game at Nebraska has been exhausted. Therefore, no Nebraska tickets will be available for purchase by the general public through the Jackrabbit Ticket Office on June 28."
          Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
            According to gojacks.com, all of the allotment of Nebraska tickets were taken up by season ticket holders.

From the website---
            "Although the start of the 2010 football season is nearly three months away, South Dakota State University has already set a record for new season ticket sales.

As of the start of the week, more than 560 new season tickets had been sold, increasing the total number of season tickets sold to a record of approximately 2,200. Fans can still purchase season tickets to all five home games by calling 1-866-GO JACKS, or online at GoJacks.com. Season tickets are $100 per seat, plus a minimum $50 donation to the Jackrabbit Club.

Due to the high number of Jackrabbit season ticket holders taking advantage of advance-purchase benefits, SDSU's allotment of tickets for the Sept. 25 game at Nebraska has been exhausted. Therefore, no Nebraska tickets will be available for purchase by the general public through the Jackrabbit Ticket Office on June 28."
            Another good reason to be a season ticket holder.
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Well done, everybody. But fear not, Jackrabbit fans. If you don't have tickets, Nebraska fans will be willing to sell them to our on game day. If you wear red over your SDSU gear, you'll probably get them cheap. The truth is that Husker fans aren't going to care a ton about this game. So, if you want to go and don't have tickets, I don't think you need to fret. You won't be able to sit with the Jackrabbit faithful, but you'll get in the door. Now, as for motel rooms...you're on your own. Also, the most likely scenario is that the game will start at 11 a.m. No inside info, but Nebraska plays a lot of early games for TV. And there probably won't be much demand for this one to be in the prime afternoon or night hours. Go, Jacks!
              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Last year they played Louisiana-Lafayette for their homecoming and the game started at 6:00pm. I hope the same is true for the start time this year. I hope we do not get beat as bad as LL. Nebraska beat them 55-0. Their were 86,000 fans there. That game was on FSN PPV. I do not think TV time is as big deal with pay per view.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                  Well done, everybody. But fear not, Jackrabbit fans. If you don't have tickets, Nebraska fans will be willing to sell them to our on game day. If you wear red over your SDSU gear, you'll probably get them cheap. The truth is that Husker fans aren't going to care a ton about this game. So, if you want to go and don't have tickets, I don't think you need to fret. You won't be able to sit with the Jackrabbit faithful, but you'll get in the door. Now, as for motel rooms...you're on your own. Also, the most likely scenario is that the game will start at 11 a.m. No inside info, but Nebraska plays a lot of early games for TV. And there probably won't be much demand for this one to be in the prime afternoon or night hours. Go, Jacks!
                  Agree, it would normally be an 11 am game but this is homecoming. I have no idea when they usually play their homecoming games in Lincoln. As for the experience at the opponents facility, I personally find it much more enjoyable to be in the visitors section. That said, don't let any concern about getting tickets prevent you from going, you'll find a ticket on game day.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I have to echo the other posters about Jacks fans being able to find tickets in Lincoln. I've taken many people to games in Lincoln and have always been able to find tickets on the street. Granted these were the "Big Games" on the schedule for the year and tickets sold for more than face value but I highly doubt that will be the case for the Jacks games. There are also any number of online forums to get tickets in advance.

As for hotels, the link below is from the Lincoln Convention and Visitors Bureau and they keep it up to date for gamedays.

http://lincoln.travelhero.com/index....623/index.html

Gameday in Lincoln is a pretty cool thing and with this being their Homecoming Game it makes for an even better event for Jackrabbit fans to experience. Seeing a game in Lincoln is in the top 10 college gameday experiences on just about every "experts" list. You can proudly wear your blue and the fans in red will treat you with respect. This isn't a trip to Fargo.

If you go, you want to make sure to be in the stadium a half hour before the kickoff. The Tunnel Walk at Nebraska is pretty cool. It's what big time football is all about. You can search for "Nebraska Tunnel Walk" on youtube and see what I mean.

Can't wait to head to the Land of the Red!

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

First of all, kudos to all who stepped up early and purchased their season tickets. I try to make it to a game a year, but I've been limited on the ability to travel 8 hours to Brookings for all games.

That said, I am psyched for the Jacks invading Memorial Stadium for Husker Homecoming. I have two tickets and am working on four more tickets that are four rows up on the visitors 45 yard line. A friend of mine who I officiate with co-owns the tickets and he is trying to free up all four for me.

If you are interested in scoring a few tickets, I do have access through a number of season ticket holders. I will have a better chance to get them at face value once the season starts. And as previously stated, this is one of the best venues for college football. The Husker faithful are respectful, even welcoming, unless you are from Texas. The biggest drawback is you better appreciate the confined seating as there is only so much room when you squeeze in 86,000 fans.

Comment

I broke down and bought five (5) season tickets this year. I also bought 6 to the Nebraska game and may have one (1) extra. If anyone is interested in the single, send me a PM.

It's been years since I have been to an SDSU football game due to my heavy workload, but darnit, I'm gonna do it and do it big time this year! Purchased tickets more for the "future" than the now.

Plus I have 2 little Jacks that will hopefully follow in their parents footsteps to the land of the Jackrabbit. One of them looks like he is going to be one hell of a fullback by the age of 2.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                          I broke down and bought five (5) season tickets this year.
                          You didn't break down, you built up.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            Agree, it would normally be an 11 am game but this is homecoming. I have no idea when they usually play their homecoming games in Lincoln. As for the experience at the opponents facility, I personally find it much more enjoyable to be in the visitors section. That said, don't let any concern about getting tickets prevent you from going, you'll find a ticket on game day.
                            I was with a UNL Alum and big Husker fan this weekend at the CWS and he said he would guess there is about a 90% chance that it will be a 6:00pm start. He said homecoming wouldn't make a difference, it all comes down to TV and whether or not it will be a national/regional game or on Pay Per View. His thoughts were that it would be a PPV game and they typically start at 6.
                            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

At U of M the Maroon and Gold was speckled with Blue all over the Bank outside of the State general seating areas. I say to all State fans let's try to paint as much BLUE in a sea of Red as we can! If you have buddies on the fence convince them it's a once in a lifetime chance for the Jacks to take on the Huskers(as it probably will be the last time we play them in a very very very long time!)!
                              There's a what if factor..........
                              What if the Jacks get throttled....big deal you still got to go to a top notch sporting venue drink some beers and support your team against one of the former powerhouses of college football. We fold up our fat check go home and continue on our playoff push.

But What if......the Jacks win or play close like against the Gophs last year....where were you? Sitting at home? Wishing you had gone? I had friends from the cities sitting next to me in disbelief after we had talked up the Jacks D all day. They could not comprehend how a Big 10 school was struggling against our little school! That was worth the trip in itself. There wasn't a Gopher fan that walked out of the Bank that day without a sense of relief somehow they pulled off that win against us...and to me it was one of the best memories of last year's season seeing Domino streaking to the Endzone with that interception
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Jacks got some love from former Husker I-back and Orange Bowl MVP Damon Benning today on the Omaha afternoon sports talk show. They were predicting the Huskers' record this season. When they mentioned the SDSU game, Benning, who is now head fb coach at one of the Omaha high schools, said that the Jacks recruit the Omaha metro pretty hard and that he's gotten to know some of our coaches. He said he hopes SDSU does well, except for when they play Nebraska. For the record, he predicts the Huskers go 10-2 with losses at Texas A&M and maybe at Washington.
                                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Working...
                                X