SDSU on Nebraska's schedule 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU on Nebraska's schedule 2010

how many tickets do the visiting team usually get and do season ticket holders get a chance at those tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
      how many tickets do the visiting team usually get and do season ticket holders get a chance at those tickets?
      Being in Yankton I will have access to several tickets for the game with the Huskers. My aunt lives in Champagne and can get me Illini tickets any time so I'm good there. My friend and former training mate at Mayo is in Ames, gotta ticket for next year already. My other aunt is an attorney in Minneapolis with access to Gopher tickets so I'm good for 2009. Hope to see you guys on the road.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        Moderators - can you merge the two related threads into one?
        Done. What are the odds of two threads being started on the same subject at the same time (3:18 p.m.)?

Another big announcement for Jackrabbit athletics.

Comment

This is a really big. You can feel the jealousy from Fargo. (And, like somebody else said, I like that gang.) The NDSUer I work with tipped his hat to us for the second time in a month (the other time being when we won the Marker ... when he literally did tip his hat ... It was great ... and classy.) I had heard this could happen, but didn't know if it would ever get finalized. It's a really nice step for us. Very, very nice no matter what others might say.

As far as tickets, there will be some outside the stadium. And probably at no more than face value against SDSU, a game most assume (and, let's be honest, probably rightfully so, will be a route). But if Nebraska is still down, there will be cheap/good tickets. There were for conference games against Oklahoma State, Texas A&M (a woman was giving them away) and others this year. That being said, though, I have to believe the Huskers will be better by then. And I certainly hope so. It was tough to watch Nebraska and Notre Dame play this year. SDSU will get it's (small) share of seats, and they will be in the corner of the end zone ... just like every other opponent's. Nebraska, though, has a GREAT pre-game atmosphere. Personally, I suggest the Sidetrack. See you there.

Anybody makming the trip to Ames in August? I suppose it's to early to ask where the alumni gathering will be, eh?

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
          A sellout streak dating back to the early 60's pretty much assures that you won't find any tickets that way. You will be able to find some outside the stadium, probably below face value the day of the game. Go Jacks!!!!!!!!
          Last edited by JackFan96; 12-05-2007, 10:29 PM.
          Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

This is just awesome! It's just amazing that we are competing against Nebraska in any sport. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that we would play Big Red in football.

Things just keep getting better and better for the Jackrabbit Nation!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
              This is just awesome! It's just amazing that we are competing against Nebraska in any sport. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that we would play Big Red in football.

Things just keep getting better and better for the Jackrabbit Nation!

SUPERBUNNY
              Superbunny: Hey, have to start behaving like we've been there!

Some examples: During the first year in transition, the Jackrabbit men's cross country team beat Nebraska's team (coached by former Jackrabbit great and Jackrabbit coach, Jay Dirksen) several times in big meets. And, don't forget three years ago when the Jackrabbit women snapped a 24-year record of home opener wins (Devaney Center) in basketball etc. etc. (I'll never forget their coach's very honest assessment in post-game interviews: 'SDSU played the way we'd like to play.'

I'm delighted we'll be playing in Lincoln and when I walk in the stadium (I have a line on tickets already from long, long-time season ticket holder) I'm gonna act like that atmosphere is 'old hat'. (Of course, on the inside, I'll be very excited).

Headine and sub-headline from Sports Illustrated, October 1, 2010:
              JACKRABBITS SHOCK HUSKERS
              Hint to Coach Pelini: Lloyd Carr's phone number is ....
              Last edited by JackJD; 12-06-2007, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Good point, JD. When Stig was in Yankton for Quarterback Club last week, he was talking about the team meeting on Monday after the NDSU game. A few of the players told him that it still had not sunk in. He told them that they not only should have known they would win, but expected to. The players need to start showing that attitude. We as fans need to start showing that same kind of attitude. I am just as guilty of being excited about both issues, the reality of the NDSU game and now the great scheduling for the next four years. SDSU athletics are so dynamic at this time and we are doing things we never thought possible ten years ago. Transition behind us, good things ahead of us. See you in Ames...
                Last edited by Jack4Life; 12-06-2007, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  Superbunny: Hey, have to start behaving like we've been there!

Some examples: During the first year in transition, the Jackrabbit men's cross country team beat Nebraska's team (coached by former Jackrabbit great and Jackrabbit coach, Jay Dirksen) several times in big meets. And, don't forget three years ago when the Jackrabbit women snapped a 24-year record of home opener wins (Devaney Center) in basketball etc. etc. (I'll never forget their coach's very honest assessment in post-game interviews: 'SDSU played the way we'd like to play.'

I'm delighted we'll be playing in Lincoln and when I walk in the stadium (I have a line on tickets already from long, long-time season ticket holder) I'm gonna act like that atmosphere is 'old hat'. (Of course, on the inside, I'll very excited).

Headine and sub-headline from Sports Illustrated, October 1, 2010:
                  JACKRABBITS SHOCK HUSKERS
                  Hint to Coach Pelini: Lloyd Carr's phone number is ....
                  I agree 100% on that point JackJD! We have been not only competing with but beating teams like Nebraska in many of the sports. You always play the game to win and that will be the case when we go to Lincoln. It can be done just ask Appalachian State or better yet, Michigan.

This has got to be a major boost for recruiting purposes. I can hear the coaches saying something like, "Young man, we would love to have you join us at SDSU. You will not only get to play in the Gateway Conference which is the best in the FCS division, but you will get the opportunity to compete for a national championship on the field, and you will get the opportunity to play storied programs like Nebraska in Memorial Stadium. What do you say? Are you ready to become a Jackrabbit?" I'd be like, "Hell, yes!" Oops got carried away there!

I'm just saying win or lose, what an incredible experience for our student athletes, coaches, and fans. What an opportunity for the entire state of South Dakota! Playing Iowa State, Minnesota, and Illinois is fantastic but the three combined don't hold a candle to playing Big Red in my opinion

I've been a Husker fan for a long time but I will be wearing all blue that day!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

I get to Nebraska games fairly often since I am a fan and there are always tickets available if you walk around outside the stadium. A ticket should be attainable for face value or near it for good seats for the SDSU game. The thing is that you want to get to Lincoln early and avoid the traffic coming from Lincoln. Also, start booking hotel rooms now because they are brutal to come by on Game day.

You have to be in the stadium about a half hour before kickoff to check out all of the pregame activities including the tunnel walk. It's an incredible atmosphere!

Here is a link to the tunnel walk for this year's opening game against Nevada:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIEKM7IrGZg

Enjoy!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

See what the posters on one of Nebraska's pay sites have to say. Most are not real happy about the scheduling of SDSU. Go Jacks!

http://64.131.67.10/vbbs/showthread.php?t=48315
                      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Terry's article in the Argus about the scheduling:

SDSU to play Huskers in '10
                        Illinois also on Jacks' football schedule in 2011

By Terry Vandrovec
                        tvandrovec@argusleader.com
                        Comment Print Email PUBLISHED: December 6, 2007

Even before it has played one game against a Football Bowl Subdivision opponent, South Dakota State has commitments for two more such contests.

The Jackrabbits will play at perennial national power Nebraska on Sept. 25, 2010, and at Illinois - the Big Ten's entry into next month's Rose Bowl - on Sept. 10, 2011, the school announced Wednesday. That's in addition to previously confirmed guarantee games at Iowa State and Minnesota in 2008 and 2009, respectively.

SDSU, the Great West Football Conference champion in its recently completed fourth season at the Football Championship Subdivision level, seems intent on working its way up the major-college ladder.

"It's turned out pretty good in our eyes," said Jacks associate athletic director Rob Peterson, who handles football scheduling. "Who knows what Illinois will be four years from now and who knows what Nebraska will look like three years from now. But now is the time to get those schools on board."

Add the FBS dates to eight annual Gateway Football Conference games and a three-year deal with Delaware and the Jacks are all but booked until 2013. Peterson said that he has verbal agreements in place for the lone remaining open dates in 2010 and 2011 and should have the 2012 schedule all but finalized by January.

In other words, don't expect SDSU to face the University of South Dakota anytime soon. The rivalry has been on ice since 2004 when the Jacks jumped to the FCS level. The Coyotes are moving to the Division I level next fall.

Rather than reserve spots for former North Central Conference rivals, SDSU seems to have set a different course.

"When you look at who we're scheduling, there's a natural progression," Peterson said.

(read more)

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                          The thing is that you want to get to Lincoln early and avoid the traffic coming from Lincoln.
                          Coming down on gameday is not early enough. To do the Husker Experience properly, you must be at Sidetracks Tavern Friday night. If you've been there, you understand.
                          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                            Coming down on gameday is not early enough. To do the Husker Experience properly, you must be at Sidetracks Tavern Friday night. If you've been there, you understand.
                            Kind of a Barry's fan myself...

Comment

Sidetrack ... oh, yeah! The band is, you know, R-rated ... but I promise you'll laugh. Promise. Yes, they will make fun of SDSU. Yes, you will hear the Nebraska fight song about every five minutes. Yes, you will pay a cover. But you must go. I guess I can't speak for the night before the game, but ... the morning of a game, it's great. And if you sport your SDSU gear, you might even get call up on stage to sing the school song. See you there!

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Wait a minute ... this thread is mis-named ... it should say Nebraska on SDSU's schedule ... not vice versa.

Hey, where's Blue Hat Man? He hasn't sounded off on this yet. He must be too busy with a special edition of The Collegian announcing the big news.

Comment

Working...
                                X