Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU on Nebraska's schedule 2010

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
    Sidetrack ... oh, yeah! The band is, you know, R-rated ... but I promise you'll laugh. Promise. Yes, they will make fun of SDSU. Yes, you will hear the Nebraska fight song about every five minutes. Yes, you will pay a cover. But you must go. I guess I can't speak for the night before the game, but ... the morning of a game, it's great. And if you sport your SDSU gear, you might even get call up on stage to sing the school song. See you there!
    JackFan96 is absolutely correct. Sidetracks is a must stop on Friday or Saturday night on a football weekend just like in Brookings where Ray's Corner, Nick's Hamburgers, and a slice of George's is a must! The place is an absolute riot! Everyone gets along well and has a great time singing along with Joyce and the band! It would be great to have a crew on Friday night singing ring the bells!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
      JackFan96 is absolutely correct. Sidetracks is a must stop on Friday or Saturday night on a football weekend just like in Brookings where Ray's Corner, Nick's Hamburgers, and a slice of George's is a must! The place is an absolute riot! Everyone gets along well and has a great time singing along with Joyce and the band! It would be great to have a crew on Friday night singing ring the bells!

SUPERBUNNY
      How will SDSU gear be accepted? I'd love to check it out but I'm always clad in yellow and blue.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Just read that entire thread on the NU board (the link given in an earlier post on this thread).

Ouch (although, the vitriol reminded me of Jackrabbit fans discussing Wisconsin-Lacrosse! ).

We'll just have to beat them by more than two touchdowns.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          Just read that entire thread on the NU board (the link given in an earlier post on this thread).

Ouch (although, the vitriol reminded me of Jackrabbit fans discussing Wisconsin-Lacrosse! ).

We'll just have to beat them by more than two touchdowns.
          Yep, they have no respect for us. I can't blame them. We have to earn it, and I believe we will.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

The posts I read where more no respect for FCS as opposed to no respect for SDSU in particular.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
              Yep, they have no respect for us. I can't blame them. We have to earn it, and I believe we will.
              I'm with you. 2010 is a long ways away. Huskers program leaves very little to be desired right now. Sure, they have a great history but nothing about this year was impressive. The crap about SD is uncalled for though. I hold a Nebraska medical license and I do outreach in several communities in Nebraska. The people I care for are friendly and down to earth like most of the citizens of South Dakota. Some of the arrogance on the NU board is inexcusable and I assure you most of the residents of Nebraska would agree with me.

I look forward to the opportunity and ask all of the SDSU fans to show their support. Lets get 10,000 people to Lincoln in 2010. Am I asking too much?
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Well, the NU discssion board not withstanding, I think we will be welcomed at the Sidetrack and in general ... even in all of your SDSU gear ... if that's what you were asking. Generally, the Sidetrack band pokes a little fun, but is good-natured. I went to the Oklahoma State game this year and the band invited the OSU fans up to sing the school song. The members played the song and knew the words and music and all that ... of coure, the Cowboys are long-time conference rivals, so whether they learn "Ring the Bells" ... we'll see. After the OSU fans took the stage, Joyce said something like, "Well, since we have guests, maybe we can pick on somebody we all hate." From then on, it was all making fun of Oklahoma and Oklahoma fans and players and cheerleaders, etc. I'd share some of the jokes, but ... I'd get banned. There was a whole table of OSU fans in orange and black. You have to go. Sometimes Evlis even makes an appearence. Like most places, Nebraska fans are fun. There might be a few bad seeds, but this year, the Okie State game, for example, here's how it often went:

NU fan: Going to the game?
                Me: Yeah, should be fun.
                NU fan: (Insert grumblng about Bill Callahan here.)
                Me: Yeah, he and Pederson are pretty unpopular around here.
                NU fan: Oh, where are you from?
                Me: South Dakota.
                NU fan: South Dakota?! You came all the way down here to watch us this year? Oh, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry you came all that way to see this team. (And they would go on and on saying how sorry they were I traveled so far to see the Huskers in a down year ... like they had something to do with it. It's personal. The whole state bonds with that team and the state's mood is in tune with the football program).

At any rate, I'm rambling. I'll just say the Huskers got slaughtered, and I still had a whole lot of fun. Hopefully, I can make it back for a game before we visit in 2010.

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                How will SDSU gear be accepted? I'd love to check it out but I'm always clad in yellow and blue.
                Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Even Oklahoma fans are treated with respect and that is their biggest rival. Unless of course you act like a drunken idiot which doesn't get respect of anyone. There should be no worries about wearing your yellow and blue!

That is what makes Lincoln a neat environment. Yeah, they are crazy about their team but they are classy fans!

JackFan96, going to be a lot of Sidetrack virgins out that night!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                    Wait a minute ... this thread is mis-named ... it should say Nebraska on SDSU's schedule ... not vice versa.

Hey, where's Blue Hat Man? He hasn't sounded off on this yet. He must be too busy with a special edition of The Collegian announcing the big news.
                    I'm taking it easy this week. I am slowly feeling better, now I got me a girlfriend to distract my time and she's a superfan. Plus I'm planning a work roadtrip. UMMM my take on the subject at hand? I've always hated Nebraska, the school, the state, their color red. I'm an OU guy. Let's kick the shi% outta these guys and run. I'm thinking of my column for the week after this week's hit: http://media.www.sdsucollegian.com/m...-3134507.shtml which I am shamelessly posting here. After visiting NU last week for the volleyball, I know how good we will be taken care of.

Oh yah Beat them Cornhumpers.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                      I'm taking it easy this week. I am slowly feeling better, now I got me a girlfriend to distract my time and she's a superfan. Plus I'm planning a work roadtrip. UMMM my take on the subject at hand? I've always hated Nebraska, the school, the state, their color red. I'm an OU guy. Let's kick the shi% outta these guys and run. I'm thinking of my column for the week after this week's hit: http://media.www.sdsucollegian.com/m...-3134507.shtml which I am shamelessly posting here. After visiting NU last week for the volleyball, I know how good we will be taken care of.

Oh yah Beat them Cornhumpers.
                      Good column BlueHat, you are a good writer...yes, and I too, dislike our neighbors to the south.

Comment

Even Oklahoma fans are treated with respect and that is their biggest rival. Unless of course you act like a drunken idiot which doesn't get respect of anyone. There should be no worries about wearing your yellow and blue!

That is what makes Lincoln a neat environment. Yeah, they are crazy about their team but they are classy fans!

JackFan96, going to be a lot of Sidetrack virgins out that night!

SUPERBUNNY
                        Drunken idiot and I aren't usually associated so I think I'll be alright. Thanks.

Comment

Drunken idiot and I aren't usually associated so I think I'll be alright. Thanks.
                          Not suggesting that at all Jackmd!

The only time I ever saw a problem in the stands was about ten years ago when a drunk Colorado fan was up in our section and stood the whole time and kept up a constant barage of profanity aimed at the Husker faithful. Finally, a few fans had enough and asked him to zip it or they would take care of it. He continued to escalate the profanity and the two guys behind me (two Nebraska farmers from York) looked at each other and one said to the other, "Those folks have kids down there, I think we should haul his ass out so they can enjoy the game." They calmy headed down there and grabbed the clown to haul him out! When he took a swing, one farmer held him and the other gave him a good shot to the solarplexes and hauled him down to the security at the gate entrance.

They received applause from everyon on their way back up! That dude had it coming!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Not suggesting that at all Jackmd!

SUPERBUNNY
                            I understand that, just trying to be a little humorous, I'll stick to sarcasm. I'm not saying drunken idiot has never associated with me either, because he has. I had a similar experience at Twins game where a Yankee fan was spouting profanities. After a few quiet suggestions were ignored I found a security person and they took care of it. The rowdy and drunk young man did have the class to apologize and get to stay in the stands.

As for tickets, is it pretty much a cinch that tickets will be available outside the stadium on game day? If not I am going to start working on my "local connections" as much as possible.

Comment

I understand that, just trying to be a little humorous, I'll stick to sarcasm. I'm not saying drunken idiot has never associated with me either, because he has. I had a similar experience at Twins game where a Yankee fan was spouting profanities. After a few quiet suggestions were ignored I found a security person and they took care of it. The rowdy and drunk young man did have the class to apologize and get to stay in the stands.

As for tickets, is it pretty much a cinch that tickets will be available outside the stadium on game day? If not I am going to start working on my "local connections" as much as possible.
                              There should be no problem for fans looking for tickets outside the stadium before the game. There are always plenty of people holding tickets in the air wanting to unload them and I would imagine that there wouldn't be much of a premium over face value if any. There are other online sources like stubhub.com or ebay.com. I think there is even a ticket board on www.huskerboard.com.

Man I wish this game wasn't nearly three years away!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

I have a friend who has had season tickets for years at NU and has been having some health issues the last couple of years. He is trying keep his tickets if his health holds out. He said I could use them if he still has them in 3 years. Not that I didn't care about his health before, but I really do now.

Comment

Working...
                                X