USD v NDSU in Sioux Falls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD v NDSU in Sioux Falls

The Bisonville thread on this subject is pretty hilarious. What a mess. If USD's strategy is "any publicity is good publicity" I guess this SF game might not be a total disaster, but it is not looking good.

Comment

USD's athletic dept is proving how inept they are at implementing a simple promotion. USD is Bush League!

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        The Bisonville thread on this subject is pretty hilarious. What a mess. If USD's strategy is "any publicity is good publicity" I guess this SF game might not be a total disaster, but it is not looking good.

Very funny thread, I've had a great time reading it the last 2 days.

Comment

Gotta love USD football promotions. Sell out for a Bison home game in Sioux Falls after spending several thousand dollars for billboards on the interstate to advertise for a road football game for your biggest rival in Brookings.

Comment

That is hilarious.

According to this article Bison fans are offering to donate the Colgate tickets back to USD. Gotta say, that's actually pretty classy. Does SDSU have a home game that weekend? Cause if not, I want to go see the spectecal.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              That is hilarious.

According to this article Bison fans are offering to donate the Colgate tickets back to USD. Gotta say, that's actually pretty classy. Does SDSU have a home game that weekend? Cause if not, I want to go see the spectecal.
              Bison fans probably feel sorry for them. The Jacks are at UNI that weekend.

Comment

I'm gonna need some help picking my jaw up off of the floor here . . .
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

There are several ways to promote and get a sellout. USD just found one. In other news "Help I have fallen and cant get up" says Filbert. He should have had his Help Alert turned on before he read this thread.

Will there be enough time to mail back the Colgate tickets? If they mail them at the main post office in Fargo, you get next day delivery.
                  I know that to be a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                    That is hilarious.

From the article:

“You know, if it happens, it happens,” said Brad Simons, who is the coordinator of USD ticket operations. “If NDSU fans want to buy the Colgate game, more power to them.”

Simons said the ticket website went down because of technical difficulties, but the glitch was not expected to last long.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

• Re: USD v NDSU in Sioux Falls

No mention in the Argus this morning. No surprise there.

Kolpack did pick it up in Fargo though.
                      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I think Forrest Gump's mother summed it up best.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

http://www.yankton.net/articles/2012...4617099336.txt

Jeremy's take in the p&D

Comment

I went to the website and looks like you have to call the ticket office now. it didnt have a link or anything about purchasing online.

however I did find a link to purchase their 605 usd clothing line. also they had a thing on their about getting yard signs finally. Which reminds me I might need a new one from SDSU soon, my metal sign holder is broken from being used so much.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I'm spending way too much time on this, but it is July with nothing going on...

I find it interesting that the USD people and media keep referring to this as a "glitch."

Google defines glitch as "A sudden, usually temporary malfunction or irregularity of equipment: "a computer glitch"."

By that definition, this doesn't seem like a glitch. It wasn't sudden, it wasn't a malfunction, and I assume there wasn't a problem with any of the servers. This is a case of poor design and planning, the system worked as it was designed.

They are fortunate some enterprising risk taker with money didn't buy 1 Colgate ticket and all the available tickets for NDSU. What a poopstorm that would have been with lawsuits flying all over the place.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Isn't Colgate a non-scholarship football program? Who, other than the most devoted of Coyote fans, would want a ticket to that game? USD should beat Colgate by 35. However, the victory is likely to be offset by a Coyote loss, by a similar margin, to NDSU.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X